• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

rick james said:
offbyone said:
spalco said:
It wasn't a "setback", he was hurt. Did you see the crash? Did you see what he looked like afterwards?

I know he was banged up, but I saw him take 2nd in the time trial the next day. How hurt could he have been?
he went all out to try and win that stage then suffered big time for the next stage

So he had another bad day. He still could have easily went for top 10 which would have been a good accomplishment and practice for grand tour GC. He didn't quit because he couldn't keep riding. The truth is, he quit because he got out of likely contention to win. On the other hand, Landa, who suffered more in the crash, stayed and persisted and ended up with a top 20 finish, a stage win and the mountain jersey.

Thomas is too entitled. I recognize him as a great talent and I respect what he has accomplished. But the idea that he can win a grand tour is a major reach and a very different objective. He should take it humbly instead of riding like he deserves to win on the first try.

offbyone said:
rick james said:
offbyone said:
spalco said:
It wasn't a "setback", he was hurt. Did you see the crash? Did you see what he looked like afterwards?

I know he was banged up, but I saw him take 2nd in the time trial the next day. How hurt could he have been?
he went all out to try and win that stage then suffered big time for the next stage

So he had another bad day. He still could have easily went for top 10 which would have been a good accomplishment and practice for grand tour GC. He didn't quit because he couldn't keep riding. The truth is, he quit because he got out of likely contention to win. On the other hand, Landa, who suffered more in the crash, stayed and persisted and ended up with a top 20 finish, a stage win and the mountain jersey.

Thomas is too entitled. I recognize him as a great talent and I respect what he has accomplished. But the idea that he can win a grand tour is a major reach and a very different objective. He should take it humbly instead of riding like he deserves to win on the first try.

I'm of the belief that Sky management pulled him from the Giro so that he would have time to rest up, heal and be of more use at the Tour. His itt performance was such that he seemingly could have continued.

Team Sky at the Critérium du Dauphiné: Philip Deignan, Chris Froome, Peter Kennaugh, Christian Knees, Michal Kwiatkowski, David Lopez, Luke Rowe and Ian Stannard.

I dont think even half the team will be at the Tour.
No Nieve, Poels, Sergio. Disappointing. No real help in the mountains.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-unveil-white-jersey-for-tour-de-france/
As revealed by Cyclingnews a fortnight ago, Team Sky will wear a special edition white jersey for the 2017 Tour de France, and the British team unveiled the new design on Thursday.

The new Castelli jersey retains the fragmented lines - representing key victories - of the original black jerseys, while the blue vertical stripe on the rear also remains. In a separate special edition, which will only be worn by riders at the Tour de France team presentation in Düsseldorf on June 29, the blue stripe will feature the names of fans, who can apply to have their names printed on.

Wow!
see http://teamskypromotions.com/whitejersey?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
We're giving you the opportunity to have your name embedded in the iconic Team Sky line on the back of the jerseys that will be worn by our riders at the team presentation in Düsseldorf. Simply fill in the form to be in with a chance.

Who's going for it! :D

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Stannard right at the end of the peloton on a stage suited to his abilities and not protecting Froome in the last 40km. Like I said a few months ago he isn't in form this year and I don't think he's a shoe in at all for the TDF line-up. Though maybe I didn't watch him working for the first half of the stage? idk.

Knees big return to the TDF, you heard it here first. :lol:

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

deValtos said:
Stannard right at the end of the peloton on a stage suited to his abilities and not protecting Froome in the last 40km. Like I said a few months ago he isn't in form this year and I don't think he's a shoe in at all for the TDF line-up. Though maybe I didn't watch him working for the first half of the stage? idk.

Knees big return to the TDF, you heard it here first. :lol:
I don't know if Froome actually wants him there, Knees was always one of Wiggo's boys and that's probably one of the reasons why he never rode the Tour with Froome and was always just part of the "B squad" at the Vuelta.

CTQ said:
pastronef said:
TheArt said:
Any ideas on what the team for Suisse will look like?

we will know about the team after the stage 1 finish ;)
on website of the race: Dibben, Deignan, Doull, Seb Henao , Puccio, van Poppel And Geoghegan twice
(R:Viviani And Ellissonde )
Where can I find that start list on the website of the race? I thought I looked everywhere on that site, but I couldn't find it.

TheArt said:
CTQ said:
pastronef said:
TheArt said:

on website of the race: Dibben, Deignan, Doull, Seb Henao , Puccio, van Poppel And Geoghegan twice
Where can I find that start list on the website of the race? I thought I looked everywhere on that site, but I couldn't find it.

http://www.tourdesuisse.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/news/News_Jan_bis_Juni_2017/170608_Fahrerliste_provisorisch.pdf

liamito said:
TheArt said:
CTQ said:
pastronef said:
TheArt said:

http://www.tourdesuisse.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/news/News_Jan_bis_Juni_2017/170608_Fahrerliste_provisorisch.pdf
Great! :cool:

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

pastronef said:
so Route du Sud could be

Poels
Elissonde
Henao
Golas
Kiry
Wisniowski
Sergio Henao
Viviani/Rosa

or they will, as usual, just start with 6-7 riders

I'd say: Thomas, Poels, Elissonde, Golas, Wisniowski, Viviani, Rosa and maybe Kiry.

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

Landa looks like he will ride the Tour.
As a SKY - and Landa - fan, I am disappointed. I would have liked to have seen Landa go to the Vuelta and be co-leaders with Froome. That would have made for an interesting race.
At least SKY will have their best squad ever, especially if Poels shows up in form. It should be formidable.
However, I do have the small concern that - for the first time since 2012 - their squad may be, overall, slightly stronger than their leader.
The next few days may answer that question
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landa-it-all-points-to-riding-the-tour-de-france/

Team Sky is completely shambles at the moment. Aint no mountain domestique in Dauphine and Nieve as their GC-man in Suisse when you have Thomas, Henao, Poels, Landa...

And then they wanna ride the Tour with Landa as well, they on deep water at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS