• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Hgriffiths2606 said:
HelloDolly said:
One picture of Konig at front of the peloton is evidence ..ha ha ha ha ha ...don't make me laugh ..
And I bet if I asked Thomas bout Kennaugh's contribution at the Tour he'd say it was great ..and it wasn't just like Konig .Thay are friends and teammates ...what else would you expect him to say when asked by the press

AS i said no evidence of Konig contribution in the mountains as was his designated role (not the flat or anywhere else which is conveniently ignored to suit an agenda)

And abit rich to be told to calm down from a poster who constantly posts biased posts about Konig & Kreuziger
and by another who thinks he makes sense .ha ha ha ha ..(not omitting the fact that other posters use far more inflammatory language are not told to calm down). It a method to shift the debate away from the facts and on to a personal agenda

No point in continuing this as it is as I said not debate

This is why you need to calm down, you're getting all aggressive and by saying 'one who thinks he makes sense' is an incredibly stupid argument, you said get ONE piece of evidence that König was up there in the mountains and I did, it wasn't a huge peloton there were about 30 riders in there and some pretty elite names, König was also the last man before Thomas and Porte on PSM, so there you go, either way after a good Giro, König was taken to control the early climbs on hilly stages not to be there in the final, I'm not biased to König, I think he's a pretty boring rider but he did well at Le tour especially considering his Giro so I now urge you to find evidence of a sub-standard performance

I am not getting aggresive and to be told to calm down again and again is as I say persoanl and not addressing the issues. Plus to say I am making incredible stupid arguments ' is not aggressive ?
I have given my views and i heard noting the supports the opposite . Stop trying to make the issue personal
IF you cannot argue with facts don't argue at all
Konoig was not the last man before Thomas and Porte.
He was supposed to be but he was not

I am done here ...your attitude is rude and offensive

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

Oliwright said:
Considering Roche is on a large contract and finished 5th in the Vuelta in 2013, he was disappointing in the Tour. He did do some work early on but after stage 6-7 i don't remember him doing any work other than brief turns on the front. He was a bit rubbish compared to what was expected. He was signed as a super domestique and ended up providing the fetching water role.
Konig did some work in the mountains more than Roche and Kennaugh, but he was also disappointing, but he had just finished 6th in the giro.

The difference is Roche was targeting the Tour and should have been in peak shape.
Konig in peak shape finished 6th in the giro and in 2014 finished 7th in the Tour and came 2nd on many stages.
He is clearly a better rider than roche at this stage of his career.
Sky admitted to being disappointed about his form and he almost missed the Tour team last year as well.

As I said early and can be verified if you talk to Brailsford ...Roche was told to put on weight and do the link role between hills and flat ...ie fill for Stannard/Rowe and in the early hills
SKY told him to do that and were very happy with his performance
I guess you don't want to take that on board and prefer to believe he was rubbish...fine
He wasn't as a dom but he was not there in the mountains I concede that (but I guess you can't be if over weight)
If you think he is not as good a rider as Konig well that is a different debate ...we are(well at least I am) talking about domestique role in the Tour
And Konig is now a domestique
I too would prefer if Roche was a better climber but I am not sure he can be if trying to be all things or given his physique

May 16, 2016
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Hgriffiths2606 said:
HelloDolly said:
One picture of Konig at front of the peloton is evidence ..ha ha ha ha ha ...don't make me laugh ..
And I bet if I asked Thomas bout Kennaugh's contribution at the Tour he'd say it was great ..and it wasn't just like Konig .Thay are friends and teammates ...what else would you expect him to say when asked by the press

AS i said no evidence of Konig contribution in the mountains as was his designated role (not the flat or anywhere else which is conveniently ignored to suit an agenda)

And abit rich to be told to calm down from a poster who constantly posts biased posts about Konig & Kreuziger
and by another who thinks he makes sense .ha ha ha ha ..(not omitting the fact that other posters use far more inflammatory language are not told to calm down). It a method to shift the debate away from the facts and on to a personal agenda

This is why you need to calm down, you're getting all aggressive and by saying 'one who thinks he makes sense' is an incredibly stupid argument, you said get ONE piece of evidence that König was up there in the mountains and I did, it wasn't a huge peloton there were about 30 riders in there and some pretty elite names, König was also the last man before Thomas and Porte on PSM, so there you go, either way after a good Giro, König was taken to control the early climbs on hilly stages not to be there in the final, I'm not biased to König, I think he's a pretty boring rider but he did well at Le tour especially considering his Giro so I now urge you to find evidence of a sub-standard performance

I am not getting aggresive and to be told to calm down again and again is as I say persoanl and not addressing the issues. Plus to say I am making incredible stupid arguments ' is not aggressive ?
I have given my views and i heard noting the supports the opposite . Stop trying to make the issue personal
IF you cannot argue with facts don't argue at all
Konoig was not the last man before Thomas and Porte.
He was supposed to be but he was not

I am done here ...your attitude is rude and offensive

König wasn't supposed to be last man, Poles was, but König was the last man on LPSM when Froome won, he was crucial at pacesetting on early climbs, would just like to clarify I meant before Thomas and Porte

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
Dan Llyod said yesterday he has seen SKY's long list for the Tour and said it was so strong that Froome might be nervous of not being picked !!!
I am guessing Landa is in there

Anyone seen it or have a link to it ???

Well, how long is the long list? 16 riders? I would say there is every potential rider for the tour included. The banned, sick and injured riders too with a little hope to be ready for the tour.

So i would bet my money on:
Froome, G, Poels, Kwiat, Landa, Henao, König, Intxausti,Roche, Kennaugh, Stannard, Rowe, Kiri, Puccio, Golas, Nieve

Oliwright said:
There is lot's of debate about Team Sky's Tour Squad.

I heard from a sources at the start of the year and since about the team. Initially the Long list contained all the riders who they felt were capable of performing at the tour.
This was Froome, Thomas, Landa, Poels, Konig, Rowe, Stannard, Puccio, Kwiat, Kennaugh, Kiri, Nieve, S Henao, Intxausti, Roche, Golas, Knees and Lopez.

Since with some competing at the giro and other injuries this was shortened to :
Froome, Thomas, Landa, Poels, Konig, Rowe, Stannard, Puccio, Kwiat, Kennaugh, Kiri, S Henao, Intxausti, and Goals.

Roche, Knees and Nieve were removed as they would be too tired after the giro.
Landa was always expected to do the TDF, like Konig did last year.

Yesterday I heard that this is the provisional lineup assuming no more injuries and illness.
Froome, Thomas, Landa, Poels, Konig, Rowe, Stannard, Puccio and Kwiat.
Sky for last few years have gone with 2 GC riders, 3 Climbers, 2 Classics and 2 Roulers. I'm told this is again what they intend to do, with this team giving them plenty of fire power on the flat and uphill.

With Kennaugh, Kiri, Intxausti, S Henao, Golas in reserve, as well as Giro riders if need be.
Kennaugh had told the team he didn't want to ride the tour after last season's attempt where he failed to deliver.
Intxausti is seen as a less good option that Konig who have both been ill this year. But if Konig is in less good shape Intxausti will go.
S Henao was going to the Giro but has since been left on the potential Tour list if his Bio Passport incase is sorted out in time.
Kiri and Golas are seen as less good that the provisional 9 riders.

This potentially leaves sky with:
Froome and Thomas for GC. (You could maybe even Landa in that since he left the Giro)
Poels, Konig and Landa for the Mountains.
Puccio and Kwiatkoski for both mountains and flat.
Rowe and Stannard like last year to provide the horse power on the flat.

In my opinion and based on current form + pedigree this is arguably the strongest team in Tour History! Even challenging that of 2012 as the depth of the squad is insane. If you consider that every other rider on the squad is a leader for certain races throughout the year and all could win tour stages on their own.

Makes for a mouthwatering July!

Still sticking to my earlier post.
I was right my the look of things that Puccio is inline for the Tour, since he is at Teide with the rest of the Tour Squad.
Just debate over who will fill the final spot, if fit I think Konig will, but its open to debate as he hasn't riden this year.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:

I never told you to calm down, read properly.

What is that for argument to call constant biased post about someone? :confused: That's a bit unfair. You wanny play fair, right? Also what constant biased post recently about Kreuziger and König dou you mean?

Anyway you're confused about what evidence is. One and only piece of evidence here in this discussion is the picture Hgriffiths put in. You (or me, or anyone else) brought zero evidence.

And, as you were told by others, König was not supposed to be the last man with Froome.

What is that for argument to call constant biased post about someone? :confused: That's a bit unfair. You wanny play fair, right? Also what constant biased post recently about Kreuziger and König dou you mean?

Anyway you're confused about what evidence is. One and only piece of evidence here in this discussion is the picture Hgriffiths put in. You (or me, or anyone else) brought zero evidence.

And, as you were told by others, König was not supposed to be the last man with Froome.

Give it a rest will you ...very annoying all the time ...and very biased about Konig & Kreuziger ..changing the goalposts in arguments ..one minute Konig was best dom, next he wasn't supposed to be here or there , next minute he should be leading a GT at SKY

Plus I was not 'told by others' I was dictated to by you and one other ...big difference ...

I will never reply or interact with any of your posts again as you are biased and inane ...say what you like about that I don't care

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:

Give it a rest will you ...very annoying all the time ...and very biased about Konig & Kreuziger ..changing the goalposts in arguments ..one minute Konig was best dom, next he wasn't supposed to be here or there , next minute he should be leading a GT at SKY

Plus I was not 'told by others' I was dictated to by you and one other ...big difference ...

I will never reply or interact with any of your posts again as you are biased and inane ...say what you like about that I don't care

Again not what we said, König is a great dom, but his job wasn't to be last man and he did a brilliant job at what his job designation was, and your annoying all the time too, everyone just chill, we all have favourite riders, König isn't one of mine but I think he deserves a good chance to be in Sky's Tour team

Hgriffiths2606 said:
HelloDolly said:

Again not what we said, König is a great dom, but his job wasn't to be last man and he did a brilliant job at what his job designation was, and your annoying all the time too, everyone just chill, we all have favourite riders, König isn't one of mine but I think he deserves a good chance to be in Sky's Tour team

He didn't race since February :eek:
Btw he was rather useless during last TDF,maybe you missed the race.

Btw he was rather useless during last TDF,maybe you missed the race.

Thank you ...that was my point ...he was not a good dom at SKy and it looks like they are not keeping him

Nothing against the rider ...maybe at a new team he can get some good results but not thrived at SKY and missing at Tout last year...but like talking to a stuck record with the above 2 posters ...will argue black is white :rolleyes:

May 16, 2016
Visit site

And, as you were told by others, König was not supposed to be the last man with Froome.[/quote]

I will never reply or interact with any of your posts again as you are biased and inane ...say what you like about that I don't care[/quote]

Again not what we said, König is a great dom, but his job wasn't to be last man and he did a brilliant job at what his job designation was, and your annoying all the time too, everyone just chill, we all have favourite riders, König isn't one of mine but I think he deserves a good chance to be in Sky's Tour team[/quote]

Btw he was rather useless during last TDF,maybe you missed the race.[/quote]

He wasn't useless though he did his job very well, setting the pace on the early climbs of the day after Rowe and Stannard had gone

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:

Truth is painful, isn't it? It's better to say that the other one is insane and biased. What and arguments.

I never dictated nothing to you, I never said to calm down to you, hgriffiths told to both of us to chill out. I never also said König was best dom, also I never said König should be leading a GT, too. :cool:

If u want this argument to continue go to the Konig thread!
From Konig's post of him eating fries, doesn't seem like he will be in the tour squad.
And with him leaving Sky and them having other climbers as well, it seems like they will take someone else.

So Roche, Kiri, Nieve, Intxausti?

Sky playing it cool, but even if Landa isn't in top form at the start of the tour he would be very useful in the mountains in the 3rd week.

But from the intsagram posts the people in the squad look like:

G, Rowe, Peols, Kwiat, Puccio, Froome and Stannard.

+
Landa
+
Who?

team for the Dauphinè

Froome
Landa
Kwiato
Henao
Puccio
Poels
Stannard
Rowe

and Thomas rides Suisse.

that should be the Tour team I guess.

Konig is riding Suisse too, but I think Henao´s form is better, while Konig is coming back from injury

no news of Kiry

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

pastronef said:
team for the Dauphinè

Froome
Landa
Kwiato
Henao
Puccio
Poels
Stannard
Rowe

and Thomas rider Suisse.

that should be the Tour team I guess.

Konig is riding Suisse too, but I think Henao´s form is better, while Konig is coming back from injury

no new of Kiry

This Team + Thomas looks like the Tour-team. Maybe Puccio is still an option. Golas and Kiri as main rivals for him for the last spot.

TRENDING THREADS