• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

Sky Train gearing up for its most dominating TDF beatdown, this year. Will make the 2012 edition look like minor leagues. Seriously. This will be the standard by which all future trains are judged and found lacking. :lol:

Re:

Arnout said:
I don't like Sky but that's a good cause. Let's see if the riders can manage not to throw food packaging and water bottles on the side of (empty) roads.
Which is far more important than single use plastic bags. None of the plastic bags I throw out ends in the ocean, and feel-good campaigns will hardly make much of a difference where it matters the most (Asia).

But an anti-litter campaign probably isn't as sexy.

JosephK said:
Sky Train gearing up for its most dominating TDF beatdown, this year. Will make the 2012 edition look like minor leagues. Seriously. This will be the standard by which all future trains are judged and found lacking. :lol:

I only believe this when i see it. Nothing beats 2012 Sky. Let's be real here - they could have made it a podium sweep with Porte and Rogers was also a top10 climber.

ppanther92 said:
JosephK said:

I only believe this when i see it. Nothing beats 2012 Sky. Let's be real here - they could have made it a podium sweep with Porte and Rogers was also a top10 climber.
Without a doubt, this team will be stronger, but so will the opposition (hopefully)! Cause that opposition was some of the weakeast I have ever seen, probably weaker than 1998.

Re: Re:

rick james said:
Koronin said:
Arnout said:
I don't like Sky but that's a good cause. Let's see if the riders can manage not to throw food packaging and water bottles on the side of (empty) roads.

Or at least try to toss water bottles near where the fans are standing.
just sky or every team?

If possible I'd prefer all teams to toss bottles where fans are as the fans would definitely go get those bottles.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

rick james said:
Arnout said:
you know the bottles are bio degradable
That attribute mysteriously disappeared from the new Elite Fly bottles now widely in use...

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So is Tao doing the Vuelta?

Wonder if there's a chance he'll be considered for the Tour considering just how well he is riding. I find it unlikely though.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Re:

deValtos said:

Wonder if there's a chance he'll be considered for the Tour considering just how well he is riding. I find it unlikely though.

Nah they have enough climbers there.

Froome-Bernal-Thomas-Poels-Kwiatkowsi-Moscon-Castroviejo-Rowe (van Baarle)

I'm sure they'll send him to Vuelta where their leaders look to be De la Cruz and Sergio Henao. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of chances to score his own results there

MuskyOurSaviour said:
deValtos said:

I'm sure they'll send him to Vuelta where their leaders look to be De la Cruz and Sergio Henao. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of chances to score his own results there
Is Poels going to the Tour?
If yes, why? He can get a leaders role at the Vuelta.

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site

MuskyOurSaviour said:

The Vuelta looks like being the first GT since the 2014 Giro where Sky don't have a genuine contender for the overall victory at the start. (Going backwards, Froome, Froome, Froome, Landa, Froome, Froome, Landa, Froome, Froome, Porte, Froome, Froome.)

MuskyOurSaviour said:
deValtos said:

I think they'll give Poels the Vuelta leadership. G-Hart will ride his way into the team just as Elissonde did at the Giro. Maybe Froome favourite Knees instead of van Baarle. No Bernal

wheresmybrakes said:
silvergrenade said:
I actually feel sad for some guys at Team Sky. They have such a great pool of riders that some totally deserving guys wouldnt even ride the race.
They should be allowed like 2 teams.

LOL, can you imagine a SKY train 16 riders long in the Tour if SKY was allowed 2 teams. This forum would explode! :lol: :lol:

God, I can't even imagine how boring that would be.