• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Parker said:
DNP-Old said:
Parker said:
dacooley said:
TMP402 said:
Has there been a better domestique this Tour than Kwiatkowski?
quite possible the Tour hasn't known a better domestique since froome himself 2012 times
Froome in 2012 didn't have to do a great deal. Porte and Rogers did most of the damage

That team was probably the most talented Grand Tour team of all time. 1996 Telekom team and 1986 La Vie Claire come close.
Astana 2009 has a case.
Yes. They would be worth considering.
Big difference is that 2009 Astana had two leaders. So they were an extremely talented squad but the support for one leader wasn't quite as perfect as for wiggins in 2012

Big difference is that 2009 Astana had two leaders. So they were an extremely talented squad but the support for one leader wasn't quite as perfect as for wiggins in 2012
I was more thinking more about the sum of the talent of the individuals - Rogers, Cavendish, EBH have palmares largely irrelevant to the Tour itself (as well as Porte & Froome).

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re:

bigcog said:
Is Nieve rumoured to be leaving Sky for Movistar (along with Linda) ?

Nieve signed for Orica btw. People behind the scenes have confirmed it already. It's done.

As with regards to Froome/Sky, Froome is actually very popular over the world, Sky maybe less so in any non-uk country.

bigcog said:
Robert5091 said:
Team Sky rule the Tour de France again but will remain unloved
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/jul/21/team-sky-tour-de-france-dave-brailsford

The UK's The Guardian's Richard Williams on why Sky is despised.

The guardian has an agenda, and this article is poor, some the vitriol aimed at Froome in it is pathetic.
Agenda? Not being blindly nationalistic at every corner? Nevertheless, the editorial bias does tend to disappear with regards to sports, in any newspaper. Look at the daily mail: they were the main instigators in the Sky jiffy bag case, i.e something potentially incriminating against a British team, the symbol of the patriotic Olympic success of previous years. Perhaps it was an attack on their commercial rival, but even so if the daily mail's editorial bias was in use for sports, that article would not have been published. Besides, the graun has plenty Sky/Froome puff pieces, and you will find them more to your liking.

When you are relying on the working class hating, Fascist supporting, xenophobic, pro tax avoiding, racist, unashamedly Tory, (posting pictures of 14 year olds in bikinis), Daily Fail, you lose the moral high ground. Even to that old reptile Murdoch. Ok maybe not as bad as him, but they're all cut from the same cloth. Mutants.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
When you are relying on the working class hating, Fascist supporting, xenophobic, pro tax avoiding, racist, unashamedly Tory, (posting pictures of 14 year olds in bikinis), Daily Fail, you lose the moral high ground. Even to that old reptile Murdoch. Ok maybe not as bad as him, but they're all cut from the same cloth. Mutants.
My point was that I (usually) prefer to separate sports reporting and news reporting because I feel they are not subject to the same editorial standards. You can check the politics thread for my thoughts on the daily mail

Brullnux said:
Poursuivant said:
My point was that I (usually) prefer to separate sports reporting and news reporting because I feel they are not subject to the same editorial standards. You can check the politics thread for my thoughts on the daily mail

Fair play to you.

But the whole anti sky thing bores the nipples off me. Yes they strangle races, every single poster on here knew they'd do that. So why isn't there a plan to combat it? Let's wait and see how Froome is in the mountains? Ffs, he is an elite climber you nuggets. Froome hasn't had to put in ONE attack, he could have just followed wheels all TDF. On a TDF with 37 km of TT, when he clearly hasn't been at his best, that is madness.

TRENDING THREADS