• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
btw what happend with diego rosa , he was very good climber for astana and now Puccio outclimbs him, , But what that makes me really bad is the way moscon ride the tt Yesterday , are you kidding dave b

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
in the end what i want to say is that team sky could not sacrifice their talent in order to help Froome for two reasons
1) Froome don't need too much assistence
2) Their talents are waisted wasted and it's a pity Moscon could have won Yesterday tt if not for Froome

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re:

telencefalus said:
in the end what i want to say is that team sky could not sacrifice their talent in order to help Froome for two reasons
1) Froome don't need too much assistence
2) Their talents are waisted wasted and it's a pity Moscon could have won Yesterday tt if not for Froome
Really, just edit your own post if you want to add something, instead of quadruple posting.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re:

telencefalus said:
but then it's a too long post and it's not even easy to read it
Try to use breaks or consider writing less, because else it might come across as spamming and I am confident that's not your intention given your enthusiasm on the boards in the past days. :)

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
As for team sky it will be interesting to see what will be thei team at next year letour , because it will ever be their main focus , with 8 guys , for sure they will bring kwiatowski and also Moscon , poels , don't know Thomas , but in end yes , castroviejo for TTT , delacruz for the climbs he started already in this vuelta and a rouler like stannard or rowe

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
i will be interested in team sky classic spring season , if they sign van baarle , with moscon , poels , kwiatowski and stannard they have a chance to win more than just a monument , but winning one is a very difficult achievement

Re: Re:

telencefalus said:
spalco said:
telencefalus said:
and btw i don't know why they don't go for team classification at la vuelta , they are second at the moment behind astana , but they have the potential to win the team classification , so why don't go for it and leave it to astana?

Nobody gives a **** about the team classification.
Are you kidding it's very important for the legacy of a cycling team

No, it's not. Not in the slightest.

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

fantomas said:
telencefalus said:
spalco said:
telencefalus said:
and btw i don't know why they don't go for team classification at la vuelta , they are second at the moment behind astana , but they have the potential to win the team classification , so why don't go for it and leave it to astana?

Nobody gives a **** about the team classification.
Are you kidding it's very important for the legacy of a cycling team

No, it's not. Not in the slightest.
this is your opinion , but have to say that Dave B slams movistar in 2015 saying that they care more of team classification that bring quintana in yellow in Paris

Re:

Poursuivant said:
I reckon Froome's Vuelta team was stronger that his Tour team, at least in the mountains.

It's funny, yes, Froome's team is strong and often the strongest on paper at the Tour at this Vuelta, but he rarely has everything go to plan. Thomas inevitably crashes or gets attempted-murdered by Barguil, and at least one of their team goes AWOL for an entire GT (Koenig and Kennaugh 2015 Tour, Henao 2017 Tour).

This Vuelta, you rarely saw Moscon do a long pull, then Lopez, then Rosa, then Nieve, then Poels, then Froome attack, which is the classic Skytrain tactic. Instead Moscon was, like Kwiatkowski at the Tour, performing better in the mountains than he was probably supposed to, Nieve and Poels essentially swapped their level after the second rest day (as you would expect when one did the Tour and the other hadn't), and they never had all of Nieve, Lopez, Rosa and Poels with Froome at the same time - which meant Moscon needed to be better than expected at climbing and maybe the Vuelta would have gone differently if he hadn't been. Two of the true climbers were always dropped when it mattered.

I suppose I'm trying to say, Sky throw 8 great helpers at their teams. The 2-3 flat/rouleur guys rarely put a foot wrong, but the 5-6 climbers are rarely all good at the same time.

1. you'd think Sky with all their alleged sports science would work out to have Poels AND Nieve AND Rosa AND Lopez being at their best level during the same three weeks.

2. if they do ever crack that formula imagine how scary they'll be.

TMP402 said:
Poursuivant said:
I reckon Froome's Vuelta team was stronger that his Tour team, at least in the mountains.

It's funny, yes, Froome's team is strong and often the strongest on paper at the Tour at this Vuelta, but he rarely has everything go to plan. Thomas inevitably crashes or gets attempted-murdered by Barguil, and at least one of their team goes AWOL for an entire GT (Koenig and Kennaugh 2015 Tour, Henao 2017 Tour).

This Vuelta, you rarely saw Moscon do a long pull, then Lopez, then Rosa, then Nieve, then Poels, then Froome attack, which is the classic Skytrain tactic. Instead Moscon was, like Kwiatkowski at the Tour, performing better in the mountains than he was probably supposed to, Nieve and Poels essentially swapped their level after the second rest day (as you would expect when one did the Tour and the other hadn't), and they never had all of Nieve, Lopez, Rosa and Poels with Froome at the same time - which meant Moscon needed to be better than expected at climbing and maybe the Vuelta would have gone differently if he hadn't been. Two of the true climbers were always dropped when it mattered.

I suppose I'm trying to say, Sky throw 8 great helpers at their teams. The 2-3 flat/rouleur guys rarely put a foot wrong, but the 5-6 climbers are rarely all good at the same time.

1. you'd think Sky with all their alleged sports science would work out to have Poels AND Nieve AND Rosa AND Lopez being at their best level during the same three weeks.

Poels must have been there all day everyday given his 6th on the GC, no?

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site

movingtarget said:
Poursuivant said:

Yes that's probably right. Landa was the standout in the Tour while in the Vuelta, Sky was more consistent in the mountains.

People on here argued as to why some riders were left off this Tour team. The simple answer is they put the team together specifically designed for each stage. I would say...mission accomplished.

TMP402 said:
Poursuivant said:

They had Froome, Poels, Nieve, Moscon, Rosa and Lopez all together today in a group of 13 so I'm pretty sure they are all good here. Only Pellizzotti, Nibali, Zakarin, Kelderman, Woods, Kruijswijk and Carapaz were left. That is incredible strength if you ask me.

Inquitus said:
TMP402 said:
Poursuivant said:

Poels must have been there all day everyday given his 6th on the GC, no?

He rode his own race in the first week and a half, rarely helping Froome. Look at the results, he first shows something on Stage 11, where he finished a minute behind Froome and 45 seconds behind Nieve.

b.broadhurst said:
They had Froome, Poels, Nieve, Moscon, Rosa and Lopez all together today in a group of 13 so I'm pretty sure they are all good here. Only Pellizzotti, Nibali, Zakarin, Kelderman, Woods, Kruijswijk and Carapaz were left. That is incredible strength if you ask me.

Well, that was because Sky were well-positioned on the final descent, no? I saw Lopez pulling at the front, but not Moscon, today, and either there was an ad break or they showed the group in front but when the camera went back to the Froome group, he went from having four teammates to just Poels, then shortly after we saw Nieve get back to them, but he didn't take a turn before Pellizotti got rid of him again.

Squire said:
Nirvana said:
Moscon 13th today in the hardest MTF of the race.
Are you still convinced that he's not suddenly turned in a climber?
When has he not been a good climber?
Before this summer he has never showed climbing skills in the mountains.
He was considered one of brightest young prospect but as rouleur/time trialist with punchy skills for hilly races, anyone could have thought of him as a climber.

TRENDING THREADS