• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
wouterkaas said:
So what about the upcoming Vuelta squad?

So far we have:
- Kwiato
- De La Cruz
- Geoghehan Hart

What about the rest of the squad? Something along these lines I guess?
- Kiryienka
- Elissonde
- Sergio Henao
- Stannard/Knees
- Puccio/Castroviejo/Van Baarle

Sergio and Seb Henao should ride. If the plan is to give De La Cruz a free role for GC and the rest target stages, they could be useful.

Isn't Sergio much more useful in the Canadian 1-day races? He was Sky's best man in each of the Ardennes classics.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

janraaskalt said:
Pricey_sky said:
wouterkaas said:

So far we have:
- Kwiato
- De La Cruz
- Geoghehan Hart

- Kiryienka
- Elissonde
- Sergio Henao
- Stannard/Knees

Sergio and Seb Henao should ride. If the plan is to give De La Cruz a free role for GC and the rest target stages, they could be useful.

Isn't Sergio much more useful in the Canadian 1-day races? He was Sky's best man in each of the Ardennes classics.

He doesn't have great sprint so hell.be at best Top 10. And I don't think Sky cares anyway.

MuskyOurSaviour said:
janraaskalt said:
Pricey_sky said:
wouterkaas said:

So far we have:
- Kwiato
- De La Cruz
- Geoghehan Hart

- Kiryienka
- Elissonde
- Sergio Henao
- Stannard/Knees

He doesn't have great sprint so hell.be at best Top 10. And I don't think Sky cares anyway.

It's probable they will send a stronger team to the Tour of Britain than Canada.

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

After winning the Tour de France twice with "pursuiters,"
the SKY brain trust seems more than happy to continue
recruiting and signing track champions. If Filippo Ganna
and current SKY stagiaire Ethan Hayter were both to ink
contracts with Team SKY things could get interesting! :surprised:

I liked the quote from David de la Cruz in the August 20th article
by Andrew Hood in Velonews that riding with the TopDawg in the
Giro "was like a university." I think other riders, like Egan Bernal,
also consider riding for Team SKY is like a full scholarship at the
best cycling university in the world, and are more than happy for
the chance at the very best education that's available anywhere.

rick james said:
Pricey_sky said:
I was right. Froome, G and Poels will all ride the Tour of Britain.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/froome-poels-and-thomas-to-ride-tour-of-britain

Judging by Poels’ tweet he will be the leader.
That is pure f#cking donkey ****.....the year it doesn’t come to Scotland Froome rides it, am I hell going down to Englandshire to watch it

Howay man, Cumbria is just down the M74 and across the border, two stages around Cockermouth, and you will be able to get some decent beer for a change :) Snecklifter is the best of the best

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
may riders start to struggle at Sky 3rd season onwards. Not everyone can handle their training regime year after year
He's only in his second season with them. He has shown good form at times- he won the Coppi Bartali race this year and recorded some good results at Romandie. But hasn't really lived up to his potential. (Though I wouldn't say he's declined since moving from Astana.)

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

therealthing said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
may riders start to struggle at Sky 3rd season onwards. Not everyone can handle their training regime year after year
He's only in his second season with them. He has shown good form at times- he won the Coppi Bartali race this year and recorded some good results at Romandie. But hasn't really lived up to his potential. (Though I wouldn't say he's declined since moving from Astana.)
Apparently he's getting payed well, over 1M per year, 3.5M over 3 years.

From the team presentation:

1535139663_464124_1535139830_noticia_normal.jpg

Mayomaniac said:
therealthing said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Apparently he's getting payed well, over 1M per year, 3.5M over 3 years.
Wow...
This is what is wrong with cycling!

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

therealthing said:
What's happening with transfers next year? The only rider rumoured to join is Ganna from UAE. Otherwise I haven't heard of any riders planning to leave, or even extensions.
Thomas probably got a big contract and now wth him, Froome, Bernal and even Poels and de la Cruz they can't really lure someone in with the promise that he'll get a few opportunities to ride for himself in other races.
They should probably go after Dunbar and Laengen, Laengen is an 80kg guy who has a big engine, is good in TTs and can climb well for someone his size (top 10 in ToC last year and 4th on gc in the 2011 Tour de l'Avenir), so pretty much perfect for Sky.

therealthing said:
What's happening with transfers next year? The only rider rumoured to join is Ganna from UAE. Otherwise I haven't heard of any riders planning to leave, or even extensions.
no contract for these riders until now for next years:
Deignan, Dibben, Doull, Elissonde, Tao, Henao x2, Intxausti, Kiryienka, Lopez, Puccio, Rowe, Thomas, Wisniowski.
I believe Team Sky waits usually until the end of September for new announcements if i'm not wrong.

CTQ said:
therealthing said:
no contract for these riders until now for next years:
Deignan, Dibben, Doull, Elissonde, Tao, Henao x2, Intxausti, Kiryienka, Lopez, Puccio, Rowe, Thomas, Wisniowski.
I believe Team Sky waits usually until the end of September for new announcements if i'm not wrong.
This season they have the full 30 riders. The maximum is 28 + two extra neo-pros (future rules may dictate fewer). Sivakov and Halvorsen are the two neos for one more season.
With this and fewer riders per race they need to lose a few riders before they hire. Of those listed, most are young. Lopez and Kiryienka are old, but valued at the team. They have to admit defeat with Inxuasti, but beyond him there's only Deignan that's likely to move on.

They don't have much room to manoeuvre, and there's not a lot on the market that would interest them.

TRENDING THREADS