• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 124 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Wurf signing makes little sense to me, IMO

Its not like they've actively gone out trying to sign him, but suddenly Ineos have a space on their rota following the unexpected retirement of Kirienka. At this stage in the season its very difficult to find a replacement who isnt already in contract to fill that space.

I think Wurf, given his associations with staff, sponsors and other riders within Ineos just happened to be in the right place at the right time. So it kind of makes sense to me, not from a performance point of view, but from a commercial and convenience angle.

Lovely pursuiting by young Filippo in Berlin for another World Title and in a remarkable time that most nations couldn't match in the team pursuit only a few years ago.

Can't wait to see if he can learn to climb like SuperG over the next few years.

Lovely pursuiting by young Filippo in Berlin for another World Title and in a remarkable time that most nations couldn't match in the team pursuit only a few years ago.

Can't wait to see if he can learn to climb like SuperG over the next few years.
I think he's too big for that. Still, he has ridden pursuits with an average of over 600W, that's some freakish power. I think cobbled classics and maybe shorter stage races without really hard mountains/super steep muritos would be a more realistic goal.

TRENDING THREADS