• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 125 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
RIP! Poor guy should have stayed twice as long on this earth.
What's life... considering he was in good shape, dying at 40 of a heart attack is insane, probably some congenital malformation that was not discovered in time. May he rest in peace!

According to cyclingnews, he suffered from cardiac arrhythmia in the last years of his cycling career as a rider. Must have been a factor.

As you mentioned, it's nearly impossible for a young-ish guy in great shape to suffer from a heart attack.

Reactions: Melo
RIP! Poor guy should have stayed twice as long on this earth.

According to cyclingnews, he suffered from cardiac arrhythmia in the last years of his cycling career as a rider. Must have been a factor.

As you mentioned, it's nearly impossible for a young-ish guy in great shape to suffer from a heart attack.
No, it’s really not...being fit and being healthy are not the same thing always.

Just shocking news, always seemed such a passionate and funny guy, full of life. RIP.

What strikes me the most - looking at the pictures - is how young he looked. If someone had shown me a picture of this guy, and I didn't know who he was, telling me he was in his early 30es, I'd probably have believed them.
Then there's this weird feeling I get whenever I see pictures of someone who has died; like looking at an echo.

Congratulations to INEOS and Team INEOS, who have always led the way as the most socially aware and responsible team, for stepping up and helping to fill the dire need for vast quantities of hand sanitizer to assist in the fight against this virus as well as doing their bit to assist the NHS. That's why they are Champions, one and all.

Reactions: pastronef
Brailsford has always lacked self-awareness, so this statement should be no surprise. Still, quite funny to see the man who set up a cycling team with the sole objective of winning the Tour, and for about five years act as if he didn't care about any other race, now say that cycling depends too much on the Tour de France (!).

Reactions: Koronin
Congratulations to INEOS and Team INEOS, who have always led the way as the most socially aware and responsible team, for stepping up and helping to fill the dire need for vast quantities of hand sanitizer to assist in the fight against this virus as well as doing their bit to assist the NHS. That's why they are Champions, one and all.
Yes, long live INEOS and all these wonderful corporations who profit from the destruction of the planet, suddenly becoming 'ethical' when they realise that there is money to be made or a brand image to be improved.

Glory to ethical capitalism!

Brailsford has always lacked self-awareness, so this statement should be no surprise. Still, quite funny to see the man who set up a cycling team with the sole objective of winning the Tour, and for about five years act as if he didn't care about any other race, now say that cycling depends too much on the Tour de France (!).

Yeah it's weird. I completely agree with him, but I agree with him for many of the reasons for which I also dislike his team. Like yeah Sir Brailsford, maybe teams should indeed stop signing guys who could win lots of races but are instead all stockpiled in one team for one race, because that's the only race the teams care about. But first let's think of who actually does that.

TRENDING THREADS