• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 133 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ineos were smart in the crosswinds. They put a lot of effort in to make the echelon and increase the time gap but then peeled off the front and let the other teams do all the work.
What? How do you put alot of effort in to make the echelon then put work in to make the time gap but then make other teams do all the work.

You can't do loads of work and then claim everyone else done the work it's a paradox

What? How do you put alot of effort in to make the echelon then put work in to make the time gap but then make other teams do all the work.

You can't do loads of work and then claim everyone else done the work it's a paradox

It's easy. You ride at the front and then you don't. You put in a hard effort to make the gap and then you sit in the wheels to try and recover. Kwiat did it really well because he knew that he still had to help Bernal with positioning in the final 3kms.

It's easy. You ride at the front and then you don't. You put in a hard effort to make the gap and then you sit in the wheels to try and recover. Kwiat did it really well because he knew that he still had to help Bernal with positioning in the final 3kms.
So did they do loads of work or did they make the other teams do all the work. Can't be both so either Ineos shared the work or made other teams do all the work

So did they do loads of work or did they make the other teams do all the work. Can't be both so either Ineos shared the work or made other teams do all the work

"Loads of effort" are your words. They set up and shared the work as the echelon was made and then they did less as other teams had more domestiques who took on the pulling at the front. Not like they stayed on the front to the finish line sprint.

Knaven talking about how unlucky their season ahs been and that the 2stage wins from Ganna are more than welcome.

But the most interesting part is at the end; "I Think we'll be mainly focussing on Carapaz in the Vuelta."

I thought Froome was leader at the Vuelta?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Knaven talking about how unlucky their season ahs been and that the 2stage wins from Ganna are more than welcome.

But the most interesting part is at the end; "I Think we'll be mainly focussing on Carapaz in the Vuelta."

I thought Froome was leader at the Vuelta?
According to this article they are going with both.
But I assume that Froome will still not be in form, so that they will focus after a few stages fully on Carapaz.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ineos for the Vuelta: Froome, Carapaz, Amador, Sosa, Seb Henao, Wurf, and Golas + one of Doull, Knees and Carlos Rodriguez... at least that's how I'm reading it.

Sounds like the 8 names have been submitted and Doull, Knees and Rodriguez are on standby in case someone can't start. Dropping Rodriguez into a GT (even one that's only 18 stages long) at the age of 19 seems a bit extreme.

Sounds like the 8 names have been submitted and Doull, Knees and Rodriguez are on standby in case someone can't start. Dropping Rodriguez into a GT (even one that's only 18 stages long) at the age of 19 seems a bit extreme.

Who are the eight names? I read it several times and I get to seven and the three reserves. I was confused reading the article and I still can't figure it out - I may be being stupid.

If Ganna wins the stage tomorrow and Tao ends up winning the Giro, I think the performance of Team Ineos will go down in history as one of the most amazing collective GT performances of all time.

Not only will they have won no less than 7 stages with three different riders as well as the race overall, but ALL of the 8 riders will have a stage top 4 to his name (and only Swift and Thomas didn't get at least a top 2).

The top 5 results of the riders are as follows:

Swift: One 5th, two 4th.
Thomas: One 4th.
Castroviejo: One 2nd.
Puccio: One 2nd.
Dennis: One 3rd, one 2nd.
Narváez: One 1st.
Geoghegan Hart: One 4th, one 2nd, two 1st.
Ganna: Three (probably four) 1st.

That is just nuts.

If Ganna wins the stage tomorrow and Tao ends up winning the Giro, I think the performance of Team Ineos will go down in history as one of the most amazing collective GT performances of all time.

Not only will they have won no less than 7 stages with three different riders as well as the race overall, but ALL of the 8 riders will have a stage top 4 to his name (and only Swift and Thomas didn't get at least a top 2).

The top 5 results of the riders are as follows:

Swift: One 5th, two 4th.
Thomas: One 4th.
Castroviejo: One 2nd.
Puccio: One 2nd.
Dennis: One 3rd, one 2nd.
Narváez: One 1st.
Geoghegan Hart: One 4th, one 2nd, two 1st.
Ganna: Three (probably four) 1st.

That is just nuts.

If Tao pulls it off, they'll also have white, and you also forget the Team Classification and the Cima Coppi. All without their leader.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Regardless of whether Tao wins it's been an exceptional Giro for them. Granted coming in they were targeting the win with Thomas but even then if you said 7 stage wins and a podium they would probably take it and it would go down as an excellent team performance. As it is, and in the circumstances in which they find themselves it is even greater.

They have also raced well and Dennis' role in particular on the Stelvio but also again yesterday has made the race.

TRENDING THREADS