• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 155 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They're on a roll

FQPR3YxXMBEGacw

3 classics in a row rounding off with a monument is remarkable and an incredibly long way from the first few years where they dominated stage racing but looked lost in the 1 day races.

Could even be extended as there have a Puncheurs chance (pun intended) in Flèche and several strong cards in good form for LBL.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The Tour team looking better and better. We couldn't say this at the beginning of the year but looking at the team:
Thomas,
Yates,
Martinez,
Ganna,
Van Baarle,
Kwiat,
Castroviejo,
Fraile,
Rowe,
Tao,

And maybe they decide to take Carlos Rodriguez for the learning. I don't know who else can they pre-select that is worth mentioning here.

The Tour team looking better and better. We couldn't say this at the beginning of the year but looking at the team:
Thomas,
Yates,
Martinez,
Ganna,
Van Baarle,
Kwiat,
Castroviejo,
Fraile,
Rowe,
Tao,

And maybe they decide to take Carlos Rodriguez for the learning. I don't know who else can they pre-select that is worth mentioning here.
But on the top end I do not think they can really contend for the win. Actually, I give Martinez now kind of the best shot at a podium. Not sold by Yates and Thomas (any more).

I still cannot understand what they did with Porte on Blockhaus. Right now he could easily be sitting top 10, a massive threat to the other teams and
looming in the final ITT where he should gain massive time on every GC guy except Almeida

What did they expect to happen on blockhaus? Carapaz ride the 10 other GC guys off his wheel and get 30s ?
That would have been absolute dream scenario and not too likely and even that isn't worth junking Porte.
Porte was sooo strong on that stage!

If Porte has his eventual bad day so be it but at least use him until that happens instead of having him blast into a headwind until he explodes

Under the radar a bit because of the Jumbo shitshow but what a pathetic display today. Not only being put into the dirt by Bora and daddy Pogacar once again but taking ages to contribute to the chase. Thomas never putting his nose into the wind and totally relying on Van Aert to bring them back. Can't wait for pointless trains in the mountains that do nothing.
Very glad Hindley wiped the floor with them in the Giro.

Under the radar a bit because of the Jumbo shitshow but what a pathetic display today. Not only being put into the dirt by Bora and daddy Pogacar once again but taking ages to contribute to the chase. Thomas never putting his nose into the wind and totally relying on Van Aert to bring them back. Can't wait for pointless trains in the mountains that do nothing.
Very glad Hindley wiped the floor with them in the Giro.
On the other hand Dani Martinez only lost time to Pogacar (12sec only) on the one stage that I was the most worried about. At least for him that's a good day.

TRENDING THREADS