Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1270 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was beaten on the day by [Alexandre] Kashechkin, who went [for doping], Vino (Alexander Vinokourov) who went, Ruben Plaza who is here but is half the rider he used to be, and they all went in Fuentes [Operaci?n Puerto -ed.]. [Michael] Rogers won that day, Fabian [Cancellara] was second and [Jose Ivan] Gutierez was third. So on paper I was probably fourth
Hahahaha. Oh god.

MartinGT said:
Nothing has changed.

If it was someone else saying it the Fan boys would be crying to the Murdoch papers :rolleyes:
OK, run it past me again. Perhaps people have missed the point and given you little credit.

What is so incriminating about this sentence, " The expectations, the demands and pressures hasn't made it not-fun but it's been business like"?

Is that any kind of revelation? Does it prove a point to you? What exactly does it prove to you?

Nobody who has any interest at all in the sport thinks that Wiggins has had a whale of a time in the last few years. What else do you expect him to say?

wrinklyvet said:
OK, run it past me again. Perhaps people have missed the point and given you little credit.

What is so incriminating about this sentence, " The expectations, the demands and pressures hasn't made it not-fun but it's been business like"?

Is that any kind of revelation? Does it prove a point to you? What exactly does it prove to you?

Nobody who has any interest at all in the sport thinks that Wiggins has had a whale of a time in the last few years. What else do you expect him to say?
Exactly. You need to be business like to win at things - not exactly an earth shattering revelation.

Funny how the "half the rider" argument only applies if you start as a gt contender and end up being ****.

If you start **** and end up being a million times better than Ruben Plaza was in his wildest dreams, that's not suspicious at all. In fact its actually proof of a new era.

Jul 21, 2012
The Hitch said:
Funny how the "half the rider" argument only applies if you start as a gt contender and end up being ****.

If you start **** and end up being a million times better than Ruben Plaza was in his wildest dreams, that's not suspicious at all. In fact its actually proof of a new era.
But Wiggins went both ways, as he is now half the rider of what he was when he won the tour :eek:

May 26, 2010
Wiggins self deprecating humour is that where he asked someone for Oral Sex on live tv?

Wiggins is a a grade A C***

wrinklyvet said:
If anyone ever proves that I'll eat my hat. I have lots of hats and will choose one of them.
For many reasons, none of them being "Wiggins never doped to win/place in the Tour", I tend to agree.

Current UCI management and focus, and the fact that he's clearly dialed it back would be at the fore.

The Hitch said:
How convenient that you can just keep moving the goalposts to ensure that never happens.
I didn't realise I had that power.

The only goalposts available to me are which hat to choose. A pointy aero hat, a bobble hat, a flat 'at, a furry hat perhaps? Tell me about the positive, do.

the sceptic said:
After the details became known, it's obvious Leinders was a very experienced doping doctor with UCI connections to avoid positives.

This is what sky fans desperately are trying to avoid thinking about.

And yes, there is no reasonable explanation as to how he ended up at sky. Well except for the one obvious reason.
Correct. Leinders was successful because there were no positives.

Did a Rabo rider ever test positive in his time there? I don't think they did. No one wonder Sky needed him.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS