• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1270 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Funny how the "half the rider" argument only applies if you start as a gt contender and end up being ****.

If you start **** and end up being a million times better than Ruben Plaza was in his wildest dreams, that's not suspicious at all. In fact its actually proof of a new era.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Funny how the "half the rider" argument only applies if you start as a gt contender and end up being ****.

If you start **** and end up being a million times better than Ruben Plaza was in his wildest dreams, that's not suspicious at all. In fact its actually proof of a new era.

But Wiggins went both ways, as he is now half the rider of what he was when he won the tour :eek:

the sceptic said:
After the details became known, it's obvious Leinders was a very experienced doping doctor with UCI connections to avoid positives.

This is what sky fans desperately are trying to avoid thinking about.

And yes, there is no reasonable explanation as to how he ended up at sky. Well except for the one obvious reason.

Correct. Leinders was successful because there were no positives.

Did a Rabo rider ever test positive in his time there? I don't think they did. No one wonder Sky needed him.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Correct. Leinders was successful because there were no positives.

Did a Rabo rider ever test positive in his time there? I don't think they did. No one wonder Sky needed him.
agreed.
There are some lovely testimonies out there.
"There, on that day, is the first time the EPO word is mentioned, it is May 1996. Team doctor Geert Leinders then called everyone one by one with him in the room and explained what was EPO, which was hematocrit. What were the dangers, the disadvantages and advantages. What you do not, and what you should do. And from whom he knew it was used by other teams. According to Leinders EPO was no dope, because "it was not positive."

Leinders was a frontrunner, already microdosing his riders in 1996.
A former cyclist says he consulted with Leinders to inject the Tour 1996 microdosis of EPO. Against possible blood clot he gave him the blood thinner Asaflow
http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2013/01/21...als-zovele-over-gebruik-doping-bij-raboploeg/

and really unfortunate that Leinders lied to Dr. Peters in that job interview.
Luckily Leinders didn't lie to the newspaper:
"I've been through the nineties, when there was a problem in the peloton with a product that was not detectable. I have not caused that eh. But I was there. So it is part of my past. "

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Leinders sounds like he knew what he was doing. A low profile version of Ferrari.
correctemundo.

In 1994 Ferrari was boasting about EPO in the press and subsequently lost his job at Gewiss.
I think Leinders was not interested in losing his job. Preferred stability and security.

In 2011 Leinders said to Brailsford "AICAR is not dope, Zorzoli will make sure there are no positives"
lol, but yes, that's probably more or less how it went down. The Zorzoli-Lienders-Sky link is compelling.

Also makes otherwise insignificant pieces of data look interesting, such as Froome training with Levi, who used to buy his EPO from Leinders.

TRENDING THREADS