• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1378 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Why is anyone still responding to Spud Vickers? Put him on ignore, it will make the forum just more readable. Everyone knows he is BS-ing here with his 1% ''argument'', it is BS, he knows it is BS, the mods know it is BS, wouldnt call it trolling because he knows exactly where the lines lie to what is acceptable and what not for the mods. Pathetic really.

New magical gain:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/jul/26/chris-froome-five-reasons-tour-de-france-2015

having bronchitis and yet still the second best climber in the peloton, any info on TUE's or calls to Zorzoli?

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

poupou said:
Ramon Koran said:
The 1% argument of course is flawed, but if Froome had his oval chainring throughout the tour on the flat stages he would have been saving huge amounts of energy allowing him to get to the mouintains with more energy than the others, hence he beats them. This needs to be taken into account when looking at perfs in the mountains.
Oval chainring exists for years. Do you seriously believe that other riders would not use it if it gave a such advantage?
Correct me if im wrong but i think sky's is à special geometrie which they have patented, other oval ones wont be as good as sky's

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
poupou said:
Ramon Koran said:
The 1% argument of course is flawed, but if Froome had his oval chainring throughout the tour on the flat stages he would have been saving huge amounts of energy allowing him to get to the mouintains with more energy than the others, hence he beats them. This needs to be taken into account when looking at perfs in the mountains.
Oval chainring exists for years. Do you seriously believe that other riders would not use it if it gave a such advantage?
Correct me if im wrong but i think sky's is à special geometrie which they have patented, other oval ones wont be as good as sky's
Read that too, it's just the better science department they have.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Why is anyone still responding to Spud Vickers? Put him on ignore, it will make the forum just more readable. Everyone knows he is BS-ing here with his 1% ''argument'', it is BS, he knows it is BS, the mods know it is BS, wouldnt call it trolling because he knows exactly where the lines lie to what is acceptable and what not for the mods. Pathetic really.

New magical gain:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/jul/26/chris-froome-five-reasons-tour-de-france-2015

having bronchitis and yet still the second best climber in the peloton, any info on TUE's or calls to Zorzoli?
What is wrong with the article seems correct to me, am i missing something?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
poupou said:
Ramon Koran said:
Correct. Other teams use regular Euclidean geometry, but Sky are known to use Elliptic geometry, which relaxes the well known parallel postulate, allowing them to manufacture oval chain rings with superior properties.

For their rounder wheels, though, it's good old euclidean geometry.

Ramon Koran said:
poupou said:
Ramon Koran said:

Nope. Just standard O-Symmetric chainrings. You can buy a set yourself if you want. They're a very eccentric shape, but truly commercially available and have been used by various pros for over 10 years, long before the Wigans transformation and Team Sky.

These don't need a free pass from the UCI, unlike Wigans' bars for the Hour or the GB Olympic road frames

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
i'm no believer.........long ago i rode biopace..........never noticed any difference

i'm also no scientist but i can smell bs just like anyone else........so where loads are

unchanged and riders feet spin through similar circles how can shape of chainring

make any difference?

Mark L

Re:

Ramon Koran said:

lol, have Sky or one of their journos actually made this nonsensical argument, or is it so pathetic even by their standards it has to be passed down to the interns to troll on message boards?

Re:

This. Its obviously a bait and am surprised the mods let him get away with it.

I don't know what sniper and sceptic and hog got banned for but was it that much worse than this?

Ramon Koran said:
thrawn said:
Ramon Koran said:

How much energy per stage? Also a source on this would be great.
Why would i need a source, sky are telling us that you use 6% less power therefor 6%less power throughout a stage over 8 stages is probably equivalent to 30-40% less energy used.

They are claimed to be more efficient.

The 6% watt adjustment is based on the sample rate for position due to the power meters, it is an artifact of measurement, not a real effect.
It is also higher than the manufacturers normally say is an appropriate adjustment (3-5%) to account for the position sampling issue.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

The Hitch said:
Ramon Koran said:

lol, have Sky or one of their journos actually made this nonsensical argument, or is it so pathetic even by their standards it has to be passed down to the interns to troll on message boards?
Who starts their message with "lol", im not going to even bother replying to you that word says it all about your mindset and mentality.

lol

Ramon Koran said:
The Hitch said:
Ramon Koran said:

Who starts their message with "lol", im not going to even bother replying to you that word says it all about your mindset and mentality.

lol...............don't believe the hype

Mark L

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:
Peter Kennaugh not on start line at San Sebastián, Sky refuses to explain why. Postive test?
They also edited their preview of the race, took out his name. he was on the same preview yesterday. Only starting with 7 riders. Smelling like Tiernan Locke all over again.

Given the date today, maybe some transfer policy like Vaughter's? Who knows. If I had to rank the possibilities after probability:

Transfer
Illness(/Injury)
Glowing
Positive

Maybe illness should rank lower given they haven't said that was the reason though.

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

grizzlee said:
Brullnux said:
Peter Kennaugh not on start line at San Sebastián, Sky refuses to explain why. Postive test?
They also edited their preview of the race, took out his name. he was on the same preview yesterday. Only starting with 7 riders. Smelling like Tiernan Locke all over again.

Sky riders can only test positive/dodgy blood before they join (JTL) or after they leave (Appollonio). Even if one did pop positive it will never, ever surface. It's team Sky this, team Sky that in the UK, Brailsford for Prime Minister etc and of course bike sales etc are up massively. This money-spinning boat will not be allowed to rock, the way the British media have reported the Tdf is proof of this.

The Hitch said:

This. Its obviously a bait and am surprised the mods let him get away with it.

I don't know what sniper and sceptic and hog got banned for but was it that much worse than this?
Who says he got away with it?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Ferminal said:
wtf is up with LRP? Can't find him on any startlists, absolute car crash of a season. Hopefully if he's called it already he can reboot in time for next year. I don't doubt that he was ill at some stages but looks a bit tap-on-the-shoulder-ish.
in my investigations, i think we can trace the baptising of LRP as LRP to fermie with this post. -respect fermie

you can add his entry to urban dictionary

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
i'm no believer.........long ago i rode biopace..........never noticed any difference

i'm also no scientist but i can smell bs just like anyone else........so where loads are

unchanged and riders feet spin through similar circles how can shape of chainring

make any difference?

Mark L
Early nineties? I had them too, I think it was called Biopace now you say it, it is pure BS, it can be a rider feels good using them, nothing more, it doesnt give you an extra 0.5w/k though.

By the way, the idea is about fifty years old. Nothing new.

PS: I had a reynolds frame, bought it myself, so proud of my OWN bike that day

blackcat said:
Ferminal said:
wtf is up with LRP? Can't find him on any startlists, absolute car crash of a season. Hopefully if he's called it already he can reboot in time for next year. I don't doubt that he was ill at some stages but looks a bit tap-on-the-shoulder-ish.
in my investigations, i think we can trace the baptising of LRP as LRP to fermie with this post. -respect fermie

you can add his entry to urban dictionary
The LRP thread here in the clinic was originally with 'Little' in the title. The op is from 2012.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

irondan said:
Who says he got away with it?
He should get away with it because he is not breaking any rules. I just want people to put him on the ignore list or dont react to him. His only intention is to mess topics up and derail it. He used to be an okay poster but nowadays our vicker is just an annoying peace of ....

Just ignore it.

Its like in the real world, if you ignore people in the end they will stay away from you.