Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1552 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
Benotti69 said:
Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.
What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.
Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.
Wow - Lawton as a journalist must follow the laws of libel - Think it's blindingly obvious the paper's legal team would not allow the word Kenacourt to be printed in the article - Lawton needs to be more careful of your feelings next time he writes an article.
 
Re: Re:

thehog said:
MatParker117 said:
Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
Benotti69 said:
Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.
What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.
Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.
He has to have indisputable evidence of that or he will lose his job because any decent libel attorney would rip him and The Mail to pieces.
There is no such thing as an “attorney” in the UK, nor one for libel. It comes under the law of defamation and there also is no such concept in law as “ripping to pieces”. It’s simply dealt with outside of the courts.

Besides, Sky, Wiggins, Freeman or anyone have yet to lodge any form of legal disagreement.
You are being too cute by half - On what basis could Wiggins or the like take legal action against Lawton.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
Benotti69 said:
Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.
What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.
Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.
Wow - Lawton as a journalist must follow the laws of libel - Think it's blindingly obvious the paper's legal team would not allow the word Kenacourt to be printed in the article - Lawton needs to be more careful of your feelings next time he writes an article.
Wow, i am actually referring to Lawton's interview he gave to Shane Sutton not what he wrote. Yes libel laws in England are crazy, but he still gave an interview not wrote it.

Will you pass on my feelings to make him a better journo? Thanks :D
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re: Re:

MatParker117 said:
Benotti69 said:
yaco said:
Benotti69 said:
Shane Stokes interviews Matt Lawton about breaking the Jiffeygate story.

Boy Sky sure come across as pathetic with their lies.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/11/story-behind-story-journalist-exposed-team-sky/

Imagine if a decent journalist had got hold of this story. I think Sky would be no more by now and Wiggins stripped of his TdF.
What makes you say Matt Lawton is not a decent journalist.
Wiggins took Kenacort without a TUE on the bus. That is doping. Lawton knows yet in that interview he refuses to call Wiggins a doper. Yet as a sports journalist he should have decent idea of pro cycling's history. A bit of a quick research would lead anyone with half a brain to see that the culture to dope did not change, not after the reasoned decision, which was in June of 2012 when Wiggins won his TdF, so how did Wiggins and Sky beat the dopers. Why did he tink in Rio Wiggins was this clean athlete? Lawton is either not to bright or liks to run with hare and hunt with hounds aas suits his purposes, just like Walsh.

Also, he caught the team lying. Their is only 1 reason to lie, doping. Lawton still not called teamSky cheats.
He has to have indisputable evidence of that or he will lose his job because any decent libel attorney would rip him and The Mail to pieces.
Jeez, journalists know how to write nowadays calling a spade a spade without getting into libel.
 
Mar 7, 2017
1,098
0
0
Re: Re:

Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever
 
Re: Re:

Wiggo's Package said:
Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever
Lawton has already stated he is still on this. I bet he is still talking to his source, who by definition must be either in/was in the inner circle of BC or Sky. I actually believe he wants to break this. But, if he doesn't, as ever, time will tell. Been there, seen this too often not to believe otherwise. Wiggins will be the first to fall, I've no doubt. He's not the guy I would go after though.
 
Re: Re:

ferryman said:
Wiggo's Package said:
Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever
Lawton has already stated he is still on this. I bet he is still talking to his source, who by definition must be either in/was in the inner circle of BC or Sky. I actually believe he wants to break this. But, if he doesn't, as ever, time will tell. Been there, seen this too often not to believe otherwise. Wiggins will be the first to fall, I've no doubt. He's not the guy I would go after though.
Wiggins would be perfect. He's not known for biting his tongue and keeping quiet is he? If he bleated the whole world would believe every word.
 
Feb 23, 2011
618
0
0
Re: Re:

Wiggo's Package said:
Matt Lawton is obliged to protect the identity of his source not for legal reasons but because a journalist who betrays a source's confidence won't get any more scoops. It would be good if the identity of the source and importantly that person's motivation were in the public domain because there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that adds another layer of intrigue to what we already know

In the meantime if Lawton is able to get someone else in Sky's inner circle to corroborate what the original source said then any small elements of doubt about what Sky have been up to would turn to dust. If I were Lawton I'd be doing my best to have a cosy chat with Richard Freeman. The rest of Sky's inner circle have got too much to lose to go rogue but Freeman has lost it all already. And Freeman's payoff from Brailsford isn't going to last forever
I think the bottom line is...........every man has his price.

SDB's willingness to broker a better news story with Lawton shows that when his back is against the wall he will result to brokering a deal. There is every possibility that this is standard operating procedure when his back is not up against the wall either.

I would think that there were a handful of people who witnessed the good doctors alleged receipt from Cope and what happened thereafter. It cant be that difficult for SDB to work out who the possible source or sources can be and offer them a deal to not collude/co-operate.

Can a journo ultimately break the Omerta at Team Sky? Time will tell.
 
Re: Sky

With all the BS Sky attempted to feed Lawton, I'm not surprised he's careful with his reporting.
When I came out of one of the media centres during the Tour, a foreign journalist told me what had happened. They were talking to a couple of the Sky staff guys standing by the car as I came out of the media centre and walked into the car park.

One of the journalists who were there said afterwards, ‘it was quite amusing that after you had walked passed us, the Sky guy turned and looked at you and said, ‘that guy is a c*nt.’’
Well liked at Sky! :lol:
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,455
3
0
Re:

Irondan said:
Before we get too crazy trolling the Sky supporters please remember that trolling is against forum rules.

TIA :)
Sky fans have been trolling us for years now. They're noticeably absent now, I wonder why?
 
Re: Re:

MikeS369 said:
thehog said:
El Pistolero said:
Irondan said:
Before we get too crazy trolling the Sky supporters please remember that trolling is against forum rules.

TIA :)
Sky fans have been trolling us for years now. They're noticeably absent now, I wonder why?
I want to know where is Sam Hocking?!? :eek:
He's in the Cycling News article comment section.
He’s retreated to the BikeSkydar forums where everyone is trying to blame this on the French, LeMonde and Emma Pooley, in that order.
 
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
King Boonen said:
Ok folks, lets put a stop to that. Calling out other members is trolling.
But you seem happy to allow this in the Froome Talk Only forum??
If you have a problem with a post, report it. Unsurprisingly it’s difficult for us to keep up with every post on a normal day, it’s impossible when something like this hits the news.
 
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
brownbobby said:
King Boonen said:
Ok folks, lets put a stop to that. Calling out other members is trolling.
But you seem happy to allow this in the Froome Talk Only forum??
If you have a problem with a post, report it. Unsurprisingly it’s difficult for us to keep up with every post on a normal day, it’s impossible when something like this hits the news.
Fair enough. I don't have a problem, i'm too thick skinned to get upset by people on internet forums. Just an observation that there were lots of personal attacks/individuals being called out on the Froome forum these last couple of days, yet the first one on this thread gets pulled up.

But not a problem for me if its not for you.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re: Sky

pastronef said:
talking about Diney buying 21st Century Fox (and SKY)
if Disney does not want to have any links to pro cycling, could they create a High-Road situation? the financial backing is guaranteed, but without SKY on the jersey?
The Froome story is straight out of a Disney cartoon. Perfect for them. :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY