Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1605 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
so only dropping arguably the best climber in the race uphill after being on the front for 40km would have made Dennis suspect?

different people have different levels of tolerance for cycling performances, but this one seems to be a bit too high
Its not just Dennis performance is the problem its the fact that no matter what happens or why crashes out when Skineos need a hero one magically appears. Just when you think Ineos are beat Luke Rowe turns into the best mountain domestique in the peleton or 10 min behind no problem lets pull a Landis. Bernal is the only leader or dom since Wiggins where people havnt been shocked by the levels reached or lightning quick transformation of discipline

Reactions: bob.a.feet
Just to warn you. On Saturday Ganna will rip it up on one of the climbs of Sestriere probably the penultimate one. This will drop better climbers than him. He will come in 20 minutes down.

And don't get me wrong here. I think Dennis did one of the great domestique rides of modern times. But someone has to. Why not a double world champion?
Yeah... why not?

Oct 2, 2020
What a *** joke
I know. I wish I could laugh, but it looks like cycling in grand tours in the coming decade may look a lot like the past decade. --Have to fall back on the nuclear capabilities of Pogi and Remco for possible salvation. :grin:

What scares me more than Tao's performance at the Giro is Dennis's mutant rides. If THAT guy is going to dominate in the mountains, Ineos will blanket and snuff out all competition in grand tours. They'll have a stable of guys who can win grand tours--like a half dozen or more.

Reactions: Koronin
I know. I wish I could laugh, but it looks like cycling in grand tours in the coming decade may look a lot like the past decade. --Have to fall back on the nuclear capabilities of Pogi and Remco for possible salvation. :grin:

What scares me more than Tao's performance at the Giro is Dennis's mutant rides. If THAT guy is going to dominate in the mountains, Ineos will blanket and snuff out all competition in grand tours. They'll have a stable of guys who can win grand tours--like a half dozen or more.
TGH is a young rider and I can understand him getting better or coming of age but Dennis being the best mountain dom isnt even hiding the cheating and if he was to crash im sure someone else would suddenly become a miracle mountain goat

Reactions: JosefK
Today's performance by Rohan actually made more sense. Not a really steep climb and he has a history of being good at high altitude. There's that Touelr de Suisse stage last year where he dropped everyone but Bernal and a few years ago he dominated the usa pro challenge (shallow field and shallow gradients, but super high altitude).
Him being the strongest climber in the race on the hardest climb one day after he gets dropped in the breakaway on freaking Madonna di Campiglio on the other hand is hard to understand.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Today's performance by Rohan actually made more sense. Not a really steep climb and he has a history of being good at high altitude. There's that Touelr de Suisse stage last year where he dropped everyone but Bernal and a few years ago he dominated the usa pro challenge (shallow field and shallow gradients, but super high altitude).
Him being the strongest climber in the race on the hardest climb one day after he gets dropped in the breakaway on freaking Madonna di Campiglio on the other hand is hard to understand.
Him being strong maybe. Not the part where he has to slow down to not drop his own team leader.

Anyway I wonder if they brought the magical sauce to La Vuelta

Sky (Ineos) know how to troll the clinic, don’t they. Watch for SDB turning up at the presentation tomorrow and talking about how the swimming coach has transformed Dennis’ performance, how Hart’s numbers have always been exceptional (‘he just lost the fat’) etc.

And I think it's very, very notable this Tour and Giro how drastical the turnarounds from one day to the next. Between Pogacar basically gaining 10% his ITT, Sunweb guys going from decent to amazing between week 1 and 2, and Geoghan Hart going from getting murdered on Etna to one of the 3 legendary climbers in this race, it's all from one day to the next.
Jai who?

How many records do they need to break before this week field narrative stops being used?
Races run fast and slow. If you think this is anything but a weak field, I won’t spend much time trying to convince you, but if any of the leaders of this race win another GT, in a non Covid situation moving forward I will cede the point.

I would ask who are the top 10 GT riders In the world. Are any of them here? Would Geraint Thomas, not a legend exactly, not be running away with this had he not abandoned?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY