• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 907 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:
Why it stinks? That's your whole argumentation , you belive that the order must be x>y>z>... based on your personal preferences and likes.

Maybe Froome and Wiggins are simply better than Contador, Schleck, Nibali, Purito and others. Even with all others doped.

I have no preferences in the pro peloton. One can follow the sport without following those participating in the sport.

If Froome and Wiggins are naturally better than the others why did it take so long to show?

You are not paying attention to the history of these riders and teams.

Keep on fanning.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
meat puppet said:

Even the editorial slant of the article tilts Skyward.

In July last year Team Sky was severely criticised for employing Leinders after accusations emerged that he had been tolerant of doping while working for the Rabobank team.

WTF? Accusations that he was "tolerant"?
The accusations were that he was a hell of a lot more than tolerant.

Later they mention Rasmussen, but how could you write that first paragraph with a straight face?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Good to see a reincarnation of buddy Jaochim back.

B69 said:
That Froome and Wiggins came from the Grupetto to beat the likes of Contador, Schleck, Nibali, Purito and others just stinks.
Nah, thats not the problem. They slowed down. The problem lies in the % Froome/Wiggins/Porte [in a lesser amount] have gone up, of course totally clean. How many minutes did Cadel loose on Ax3? Four and a half? Was he measured/calculated at around 5.4w/k? What do you think grupetto fodder is at? 5?

From 5 to 6.3/6.4 is quite the leap, only 26%/28%, one needs a lot of faith that someone is even capable of doing this. Let alone clean. They should give Ed Coyle or Andy a call, maybe they will have time for a scientific review on efficiency.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Dan Lloyd on Eurosport just mentioned that we've had no explanation yet as to why Kiryienka rode so badly.

Nothing on Sky's website either.
You should contact Sky PR, aka D. Walsh.

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST
2/2: Kiryienka was devastated, felt he let team down, team bosses felt he did too much work trying to get Porte back and emptied himself

Yeah right.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Good to see a reincarnation of buddy Jaochim back.

Nah, thats not the problem. They slowed down. The problem lies in the % Froome/Wiggins/Porte [in a lesser amount] have gone up, of course totally clean. How many minutes did Cadel loose on Ax3? Four and a half? Was he measured/calculated at around 5.4w/k? What do you think grupetto fodder is at? 5?

From 5 to 6.3/6.4 is quite the leap, only 26%/28%, one needs a lot of faith that someone is even capable of doing this. Let alone clean. They should give Ed Coyle or Andy a call, maybe they will have time for a scientific review on efficiency.

Gruppettos are hard, becuase if one had any GT potential one wouldn't or shouldn't be in one. If one is a dom and wants to finish a GT one sits in the grupetto as soon a one's work is done to conserve energies in order to get to the end so it is not a great indication of anything but I do think GT potential does not end up in grupettos unless it is sickness or injury.

If you,re not following **** the hypocrisy on Twitter - absolutely brilliant.

**** the hypocrisy@Digger_forum 8 Jul
Millar said much the same re lance back in the day. David why don't you **** off out of cycling.

**** the hypocrisy@Digger_forum 1h
Pete Kennaugh losing five kilos since Romandy...not bad, must have been a right fat *******...except he wasn't. He was already skinny

**** the hypocrisy@Digger_forum 1h
So Brailsford said that Leinders looked him in the eye and lied...yet i found out about leinders through a google search last April.

Twitter

Cant believe I,ve not been following UKCycling expert either....

UK Cycling Expert@ukcyclingexpert8 Jul

One Sky rider finished behind the time barrier yesterday! He should be allowed to race tomorrow if he starts 20 minutes after the Peleton!

Just hearing that Christopher Froome will donate ALL his prize money to the Nairobi Donkey Sanctuary! #GreatGesture #GreatGuy #tdf

Misunderstanding! Christopher Froome said he'll be 'sharing my prize money with my team, though they are a bunch of donkeys' - apologies!

UK Cycling Expert@ukcyclingexpert 3h

Any news on whether Sky rider Kiriyenker, who had to start 20 mins behind peleton after missing time barrier on Sunday, is catching up? https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tdf&src=hash

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I have no preferences in the pro peloton. One can follow the sport without following those participating in the sport.

If Froome and Wiggins are naturally better than the others why did it take so long to show?

You are not paying attention to the history of these riders and teams.

Keep on fanning.

Just look at footballers or other sports

there is no fixed way in which a champion must develop. some blooms at 22 some at 30

nobody says legit winners must follow 50th place;20th;5th;2nd;winner; over X years

there are thousands of examples, especially in team sports where there are more people participating, of blooming/peaking not following any pattern.

also wiggins i understand won some stuff on track first, he was already a top performer.

sorry but this argument doesnt stand up either. you dont have to be world champion in your youth's to be able to claim a tfd win as clean rider.

Cycle Chic said:
Cant believe I,ve not been following UKCycling expert either....

One Sky rider finished behind the time barrier yesterday! He should be allowed to race tomorrow if he starts 20 minutes after the Peleton!

Just hearing that Christopher Froome will donate ALL his prize money to the Nairobi Donkey Sanctuary! #GreatGesture #GreatGuy #tdf

Misunderstanding! Christopher Froome said he'll be 'sharing my prize money with my team, though they are a bunch of donkeys' - apologies!

UK Cycling Expert@ukcyclingexpert3h

Any news on whether Sky rider Kiriyenker, who had to start 20 mins behind peleton after missing time barrier on Sunday, is catching up?

Please read his twitter page - I swear you will have tears rolling down your face...its absolutely hilarious.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
You should contact Sky PR, aka D. Walsh.

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST
2/2: Kiryienka was devastated, felt he let team down, team bosses felt he did too much work trying to get Porte back and emptied himself

Yeah right.

Per another post is Kiryienka really still in the race?

Kiryienka's vanishing act is another suspicious performance.

UK Cycling Expert@ukcyclingexpert6 Jul

Good luck to the Sky team of Peter Kenneth, Ian Standard, Graeme Thomas and Richard Port in the Alps today. Thomas has a broken groin!

It's so hot today that I expect the British cyclists to really suffer! More suited to someone from Africa, but come on Chris Froome anyway!

UK Cycling Expert@ukcyclingexpert7 Jul
Day two in the Alps and wouldn't be surprised if some cyclists opt to take one of their two rest days. Lot of tired bodies out there!

It's possible, of course, that Sir David Brailsford asked the Sky riders to turn down their wattages today to silence the critics!

Can't wait for Rio 2016! Chris Froome is going to be awesome in the team sprint.

EnacheV said:

there is no fixed way in which a champion must develop. some blooms at 22 some at 30

nobody says legit winners must follow 50th place;20th;5th;2nd;winner; over X years

there are thousands of examples, especially in team sports where there are more people participating, of blooming/peaking not following any pattern.

Ugh. Please, please examine the history of grand tour winners up to Greg Lemond. There were no mid-career revelations until blood doping. Zero. Somehow denying 50+ years of human performance isn't going to make the Sky fairy tale real.

Second, and just as important, how do you know these mid-career revelations from other sports were not due to PED's? Most sports do not have any kind of transparent anti-doping system.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:

Compare like for like. Football is a technique talented sport. Cycling is all about physique.

EnacheV said:

the histoy of the sport has shown that GT ability contenders show it an at early age.

EnacheV said:

List 100 of them!

EnacheV said:
also wiggins i understand won some stuff on track first, he was already a top performer.

Track was 4kms, TdF is 3000kms, little bit of a difference.

EnacheV said:
sorry but this argument doesnt stand up either. you dont have to be world champion in your youth's to be able to claim a tfd win as clean rider.

Most of the TdF winners before EPO showed GT talent and ability early.

This argument has been defeated in the sky threads lots of times.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:

Good luck to the Sky team of Peter Kenneth, Ian Standard, Graeme Thomas and Richard Port in the Alps today. Thomas has a broken groin!

It's so hot today that I expect the British cyclists to really suffer! More suited to someone from Africa, but come on Chris Froome anyway!

Day two in the Alps and wouldn't be surprised if some cyclists opt to take one of their two rest days. Lot of tired bodies out there!

It's possible, of course, that Sir David Brailsford asked the Sky riders to turn down their wattages today to silence the critics!

Can't wait for Rio 2016! Chris Froome is going to be awesome in the team sprint.

This smells like Jeff Vader

Just hearing that Christopher Froome will donate ALL his prize money to the Nairobi Donkey Sanctuary

8 Jul

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
EnacheV said:

Theo bos was also quite good on track in his younger years, yet i don't see him winning the tour soon. This is like comparing 100 mtr sprinting with marathon, or 50m freestyle with open water swimming

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
martijn sonnenberg said:
Theo bos was also quite good on track in his younger years, yet i don't see him winning the tour soon. This is like comparing 100 mtr sprinting with marathon, or 50m freestyle with open water swimming

Suggest you check which track discipline Bos comes from. He's a sprinter, Wiggins is a pursuiter. Very different disciplines.