• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1091 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
timmers said:
So either it is "careless and open" or "more secret". These are not similar.

Will you please explain what a modern 2014 doping programme is, including costs etc. and all the logistics involved for those of us who have not been given the "word".

Thanks

P.S. perhaps send the details to the UCI as well to help them nail Team Sky!

If the past history of the sport is anything to go by, you can be absolutely certain that the
UCI has all the details of team SKY.

What is the cost of a brand new Sysmex machine in 2014? :rolleyes: I have no idea about that.

The UCI interested in nailing SKY? :D mhahahahahaha :D

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
Does that mean that we should close all Pantani threads in the clinic?

No.

Imaginative reply. Is it really so hard to have empathy for those associated with a death in the sport? How do rider tragedies fare? (Not that I've the stomach to look)

jens_attacks said:
is that ag2r? no but they got peak generation now

massi,elli,hamburger back then. betancur,bardet and papy peraud now. lavenu coming with the pillows big time

Yeh that's what I mean, they certainly had their fair share of "interesting" characters and there never really was a broken chain. Paco 2006, Moreau 2007, Valjavec up until he got done. The Efimkins. So whilst you may have given them the benefit of the doubt with the good ole "clean French cycling", they don't really survive a more thorough inspection.

Gadret/Dupont were pretty transparent circa 2010/2011, for 2013 they signed two climbers out of Italy, and 2014 they sign two of Bernaudeau's boys. Not to mention if you judge teams on positive tests they are dodgier than all others, I don't think Georges/Hounard would be forgotten so easily if they rode for any of the high profile teams. It seems to me like Lavenu never really embraced they idea of trying to be competitive with clean riders.

For a while now I've been more of the opinion that the whole "clean French cycling" is some sort of joke that has been played on us.

Ventoux Boar said:
No.
Imaginative reply. Is it really so hard to have empathy for those associated with a death in the sport? How do rider tragedies fare? (Not that I've the stomach to look)
so Pantani's death could be discussed on this forum ? I don't follow your logic.

Either it's possible to refer to these tragedies, try to understand in order to avoid a repeat or the rule is to avoid mentionning anyone, be him Gonzalez, Pantani, Fignon or Simpson.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
lllludo said:
so Pantani's death could be discussed on this forum ? I don't follow your logic.

Either it's possible to refer to these tragedies, try to understand in order to avoid a repeat or the rule is to avoid mentionning anyone, be him Gonzalez, Pantani, Fignon or Simpson.

Perhaps only deaths associated with Sky are anathema?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
lllludo said:

Yeah, because that's whats going on here with Gonzalez.

Sure it is.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Does that mean that we should close all Pantani threads in the clinic?

Entirely different and you know it. Don't be so disingenious.

This is innuendo with Txema's death.

Pantani was a doper and it's fair to discuss this within the context of the sport and what we know of knowledge to us.

EDIT: For instance if we were discussing about Pantani and his doping, there'd be no problem mentioning about his haematocrit of 60 at Milan-Turin in the 90s which was mentioned in Rendell's book.

Ferminal said:
It seems to me like Lavenu never really embraced they idea of trying to be competitive with clean riders.

For a while now I've been more of the opinion that the whole "clean French cycling" is some sort of joke that has been played on us.
I agree with you: I don't understand how Lavenu is still in the business after so many doping stories in his team.
Bernaudeau is a bit the same story but with less damages. Cofidis and FDJeux seem to have cleaned their acts after troubled times.

But one thing is for sure the French riders living in France have been often blood tested by the AFLD for the last 10 years and the FFC have been monitoring a blood passport, even if they are riding for continental teams.
Of course they are not all clean (Houanard, Georges, Moreau had to abandon during a Tour de France for irregularities in his french blood passport) but they are controlled, cheaters are busted, they don't display incredible performances and so can be considered clean at least compared to some other "control free" environments.

Ferminal said:
Yeh that's what I mean, they certainly had their fair share of "interesting" characters and there never really was a broken chain. Paco 2006, Moreau 2007, Valjavec up until he got done. The Efimkins. So whilst you may have given them the benefit of the doubt with the good ole "clean French cycling", they don't really survive a more thorough inspection.

Gadret/Dupont were pretty transparent circa 2010/2011, for 2013 they signed two climbers out of Italy, and 2014 they sign two of Bernaudeau's boys. Not to mention if you judge teams on positive tests they are dodgier than all others, I don't think Georges/Hounard would be forgotten so easily if they rode for any of the high profile teams. It seems to me like Lavenu never really embraced they idea of trying to be competitive with clean riders.

Gadret AND Dupont riding away from Nibali scarponi Anton kreuziger et al on Grossglockner. Ha, up there with funny cycling moments.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I've no love for dw's txema conspiracy, he knows that. But he's on this war path and so long as what he posts is within the rules none of us can stop him.

What I find funny was that the topic was introduced by this new poster - Justin r. Who out of the blue after dw.mentioned not txemas death but brailsfords comments that they hired lienders because of txema, asked dw if txemas death was suspicious.

Leaving aside the coincidence of new to the forum Justin just happening to ask dw - The one poster who most strongly believes in the txema sky conspiracy, about the subject, it's clear on thus occasion it was introduced by the sky defender. Then dw posts his explanations, waiting in the wings, the usual suspects will soon try and blame the entire clinic for his postings.

Seems to me like dw was played.

The Hitch said:
I've no love for dw's txema conspiracy, he knows that. But he's on this war path and so long as what he posts is within the rules none of us can stop him.

What I find funny was that the topic was introduced by this new poster - Justin r. Who out of the blue after dw.mentioned not txemas death but brailsfords comments that they hired lienders because of txema, asked dw if txemas death was suspicious.

Leaving aside the coincidence of new to the forum Justin just happening to ask dw - The one poster who most strongly believes in the txema sky conspiracy, about the subject, it's clear on thus occasion it was introduced by the sky defender. Then dw posts his explanations, waiting in the wings, the usual suspects will soon try and blame the entire clinic for his postings.

Seems to me like dw was played.
Speaking of which, when I checked boardreader, I think he was the single most active poster in the clinic.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
All SOL martinvickers, you are welcome. Lets keep to the facts is your narrative or not?

Sorry, SOL? What's that got to do with anything? You seem to be mixing up whether there is a positive test (Yes) with whether his ghost should now face charges on the foot of that (clearly No)

But nobody's charging Pantani, or trying to.

You asked for the positives, rather disingenuously. You got them.

He had one suspension while alive, and three positive tests posthumously.

It can therefore be safely said, he was a doper. It's not conjecture or conspiracy theory whackiness.

For the record, we have positives and confessions from Fignon, and clear physical evidence of doping from Simpson.

If you can't see the difference, it's because you don't want to. Or pretending not to.