• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1199 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Either that crash or very poor pacing. The latter seems unlikely, unless he went far too into the red trying to break Bertie on stage 2. It looked like stupid racing then, although it was one hell of a spectacle, watching the pair of them, and their contrasting styles, go toe to toe.

The weak link in Sky looks like Porte. He looks a long way behind last season's form.

The Hitch said:
Yesterday was very good tactics from Sky.

First time Ive ever seen it. Up to now they have been the most tactically inept team in all sport by a wide margin, but yesterday was different.

If they wanted a stage win, why did Sky chase so much behind, and why did Porte drop back? What did they tactically win from that?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
If they wanted a stage win, why did Sky chase so much behind, and why did Porte drop back? What did they tactically win from that?

Think its more that they had a Plan B. Clearly they tried at least with Froome, but did so without burning up their doms, instead sending them up the road, possibly with a view to Froome bridging to them, but then when he couldn't Porte went back and Nieve for the win.

Or it could have been dumb luck.

Pack Fodder said:
Hinault never felt weak.

He either felt strong enough to kill you, or strong enough to butcher you whole village, and then kill you.

Except when he did feel weak.

Example, 1984 Tour. Recovering from a knee injury, far from his best, against a top form Fignon, he kept attacking, cracking, losing minutes, stage after stage.

And every time he justified it like that. 'When I feel weak, I attack'
It's a bit like Pickett's charge, noble but incredibly stupid.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
2012 and 2013: 6 month peak without anyone getting sick or fatigued ever, while looking like skeletons.

2014: everyone dropping like flies with all kinds of diseases.

Most strange.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
2012 and 2013: 6 month peak without anyone getting sick or fatigued ever, while looking like skeletons.

2014: everyone dropping like flies with all kinds of diseases.

Most strange.

Wonder does the program have a limited life span? 1 or 2 years max before riders health starts to suffer.

Although with Wiggins, i think he is done with the sport pretty much and DNGAF.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Wonder does the program have a limited life span? 1 or 2 years max before riders health starts to suffer.

Could be. It certainly doesnt look healthy.

Should be interesting to see how long the Dawg will last. Maybe he is starting to break down too.

Benotti69 said:

It seems clear that whatever the program, Wiggins wasn't interested in doing it anymore after 2012, at least for a while, spawning the new finding that "you have to put weight on to TT". You may be on to something.

Benotti69 said:

Trolling body building forums, there are modern PED's that will have a permanent negative impact in exchange for a temporary gain. I'm definitely not confident the explanation as easy as that. I agree with red_flanders.

Only Sir Brad knows the story.

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Catabolic steroids depress the immune response. That's their whole point, reduce the inflammation, hence their use in inflamed muscle tissue injuries, or asthma (inflamed bronchial smooth muscle).

You depress the immune response too often, for too long, and presumably you start screwing up the body's natural defense mechanisms. Ie the speed and intensity of the body fighting infections by itself, naturally, will decrease.

So no wonder after a good year or two of an intensive catabolic steroid regime these guys are getting sick a lot of the time. Even more so with their low body weights and cold rainy races early in the season.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:
It seems clear that whatever the program, Wiggins wasn't interested in doing it anymore after 2012, at least for a while, spawning the new finding that "you have to put weight on to TT". You may be on to something.
my guess is wiggo's ol lady told him to take it easy and gain some friggin weight so that she can rest her head on his shoulder again, rather than on his shoulder bone.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:

If this is the case it will mean they will be churning through riders every few years or they will become a team with riders that target 1 maybe 2 races a season! Where have we seen that before.........

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Transparency

The transparency that they claim to hold so dearly is the joke of the century..

What does transparency means if the still wear black armour behind it....?

Nothing...

Now THIS is transparency ;)

m0l2.jpg

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

I think he still has his eye on the World ITT and another tilt at the Olympics, but it certainly looks like he's not really up for further long campaigns away from home on the road.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Team Sky ‏@TeamSky · 2m
Sergio Henao was involved in a training accident and will not compete in today’s TT. He is being assessed by team doctor. Details to follow.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
Team Sky ‏@TeamSky · 2m
Sergio Henao was involved in a training accident and will not compete in today’s TT. He is being assessed by team doctor. Details to follow.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????

He clearly faked the crash to avoid getting tested.

Will Carter

BANNED
May 14, 2014
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
Team Sky ‏@TeamSky · 2m

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????

It means he was involved in an accident, is hurt and wont compete.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...hris-Froomes-use-of-glucocorticosteroids.html

"Team Sky operate a zero-tolerance policy with regard to riders and staff who have ever had any involvement in doping."

Did they forget to ask Servais Knaven about his time at Domo Farm Frites(2002)...

http://www.dopeology.org/incidents/Sainz-and-Vandenbroucke-arrests/

Bernard 'Dr Mabuse' Sainz (Domo Farm Frites 2002)was arrested after suspect substances were found in his car. Police searched Vandenbroucke's house, where Sainz had stayed. finding banned products there. The products were said to have been supplied by Mouton.

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news/2002/mar02/mar01news.php

boy Sky sure are crap at telling lies, but i suppose par for the course for the sport........:rolleyes:

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Saint Unix said:
I just hope they don't say that Froome won't win the Tour this year.

What ARE the chances Froome being withdrawn for a persistent lung infection, no Henao, Ritchie not on the program, and Wiggo too fat?

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Tinman said:
What ARE the chances Froome being withdrawn for a persistent lung infection, no Henao, Ritchie not on the program, and Wiggo too fat?

Boasson Hagen injured (can't they get him a TUE? slackers, they just don't want it bad enough), also not riding Tour.
Poor old Sir Dave, running out of riders.

TRENDING THREADS