• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1239 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Max Sciandri

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it in to the correct spot... I had a look around but couldn't find anywhere... Perhaps it might deserve it's own thread, but i'll put it here for now.

BTW: None of this is at all new, and may have been discussed previously, just that I'm only just seeing it now.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cecchini-denies-sending-cipollini-to-dr-fuentes

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/ARCHI...rom-Lake-Como-Stannards-Dreams-Come-True.html

I thought it was interesting to note that Ian Stannard had kept in "regular contact" with Max, a known former client of Cecchini, and also incidentally the head coach of the British Academy.

He had also been closely working with Ben Swift, Mark Cavendish, Geraint Thomas, Peter Kennaugh...

I'm kind of confused though - this link indicates that he's had nothing to do with Team Sky:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...my-director-Max-Sciandri-BMC-Racing-Team.html

However this link shows that he did at some point before joining BMC, and one of the articles linked said he was a DS with them:
http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401,17548_5807321,00.html#

If he did work with them, I also thought it interesting that Sky were supposed to be so rigorous with their recruiting, but they thought it appropriate to hire someone who was a part of the 1996 Olympic RR podium, where he had left behind a jacked up Richard Virenque, and an admitted Frankie Andreu on EPO.

Cecchini client, Armstrong teammate and podium of the 1996 Olympic RR does not a pretty picture paint. Clearly not "evidence" as such, but sheesh.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Parker said:
I know why you got banned from that forum so I'm pretty sure you must.

I could tell you why here if you like, but I'm guessing you'd rather keep it secret.

Sorry for going off topic but these points/remarks it came up.

Parker Please do tell. why was I "rayjay" banned from the BR forum.

Tailwind if you check I joined this site way before you did and it's entirely true. Joelsim and FF get a ton of abuse with their views and your thinly disguised insults only confirm my views. Enjoy:;)

Back on topic. I Think Sky's knee jerk reaction in getting rid of Leinder's once it became common knowledge IMO was a big mistake. If Leinder's was not doing anything wrong then they should have explained why he was hired and stuck with him. If he was not doing anything wrong and was doing the job he was paid for then there was no reason to let him go. They have bowed to media pressure . What would happen if other teams had such a strict policy , we would not have much of a peloton left.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
ray j willings said:
Back on topic. I Think Sky's knee jerk reaction in getting rid of Leinder's once it became common knowledge IMO was a big mistake. If Leinder's was not doing anything wrong then they should have explained why he was hired and stuck with him. If he was not doing anything wrong and was doing the job he was paid for then there was no reason to let him go. They have bowed to media pressure . What would happen if other teams had such a strict policy , we would not have much of a peloton left.

ZTP said they had to get rid of him.

Plus I think he was / is subject to undergoing investigation?

ray j willings said:
Sorry for going off topic but these points/remarks it came up.

Parker Please do tell. why was I "rayjay" banned from the BR forum.

Ok, since you ask, I was one of several posters on there that stuck up for you and said you shouldn't be banned. The message I got from the mods (exact quote) was

"Not so simple when he harasses full time BR staff on the telephone for weeks on end."

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Parker said:
Ok, since you ask, I was one of several posters on there that stuck up for you and said you shouldn't be banned. The message I got from the mods (exact quote) was

"Not so simple when he harasses full time BR staff on the telephone for weeks on end."

Well Parker if you did stick up for me then I apologize if I have offended you in anyway. Thanks for your fairness.
Rick never gave me a reason for my ban. I mailed him but he never replied once because there was no genuine reason for him to ban me.
I rang up BR to ask why I was banned, you will not find any rayjay posts that warranted a ban.
I was asked to ring back to speak to an appropriate BR person who then said he would look into my ban and email me. He did email me and said he had to go along with the mods decision. I don't think that is harassment, 1 call and they asked to me call back again is hardly harassment and I cannot be banned for the calls as I was already banned. That in itself proves that's Rick using the calls as a reason for my ban is a lie, I was already banned.
When I was on BR I posted lots links to back up my posts. I proved a lot of posters wrong with real evidence and I know my stuff so I am not going to be side tracked by posters using google as a tool to make them seem smart when they really don't know the science or subject matter of what they are talking about and I am always prepared to admit I am wrong when I am. cheers

heart_attack_man said:
If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it in to the correct spot... I had a look around but couldn't find anywhere... Perhaps it might deserve it's own thread, but i'll put it here for now.

BTW: None of this is at all new, and may have been discussed previously, just that I'm only just seeing it now.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cecchini-denies-sending-cipollini-to-dr-fuentes

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/ARCHI...rom-Lake-Como-Stannards-Dreams-Come-True.html

I thought it was interesting to note that Ian Stannard had kept in "regular contact" with Max, a known former client of Cecchini, and also incidentally the head coach of the British Academy.

He had also been closely working with Ben Swift, Mark Cavendish, Geraint Thomas, Peter Kennaugh...

I'm kind of confused though - this link indicates that he's had nothing to do with Team Sky:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...my-director-Max-Sciandri-BMC-Racing-Team.html

However this link shows that he did at some point before joining BMC, and one of the articles linked said he was a DS with them:
http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401,17548_5807321,00.html#

If he did work with them, I also thought it interesting that Sky were supposed to be so rigorous with their recruiting, but they thought it appropriate to hire someone who was a part of the 1996 Olympic RR podium, where he had left behind a jacked up Richard Virenque, and an admitted Frankie Andreu on EPO.

Cecchini client, Armstrong teammate and podium of the 1996 Olympic RR does not a pretty picture paint. Clearly not "evidence" as such, but sheesh.
Sky have been so "rigorous" with their recruiting they are still employing Servais Knaven :rolleyes:

That should tell you all you need to know....

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
MartinGT said:
Has anyone seen the photo little Pete Kennaugh has put on Instagram two days before the Tour?

http://instagram.com/p/fBFk93yjO8
Benotti69 said:
oooh look at all those marginal gains flowing through those veins...........:rolleyes:
there have been a number of cyclists who have manifested a similar venous patina

Bartosz Huzarski NetApp-Endura
Bartosz_Huzarski_legs_620x900.jpg

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
IzzyStradlin said:
Not saying any of these are clean, but I'm not sure that pictures of veiny in legs really contribute to the discussion.

Agreed..

Moreso -I think it just has become a "my veines are bigger then yours" thing...

If I (seldomly) go to a workout my veines are triple size in view....
Not necessarilly a doping thing...

Remember, they shave their legs and all that -eat only pasta and veggies..

They have to feel masculine in some way, so they flash their veines :D

Just boys being boys.... :D

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I understand the bikeradar website is desperate for attention, and has a select few members trying to bypass the advertizing filters by bringing them up on here every week,but do they really need to take over an entire thread?:eek:

I mean, normally I find your posts full of bombastic tripe, but this is just mince. BR 'rayjay' reincarnates as 'ray j willings', and you want to shut it down? That's so wrong, man.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
this is when we need Dave, Dr Dave Bruylandts to start some heuristic experiments on himself in some Dr Strangelove peloton project.

Dr Dave Bruylandts
Johnny Testosteronny

a few others.

maybe Ricky Riccio might volunteer. He always seemed the volunteer type.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
blackcat said:
that was actually the one i wanted to remember and find.

i could not for the life of me grasp it. johnny testosteronny ftw.

now, an easy out would have been Hincapies varicose veins, but we wanted venous spider patina. not the elderly lady varicose Hincapie

= NOT NORMAL
both, types

While I'm normally the first to dance naked around the dopers bonfire in this case the clinic Illuminati have it wrong imo. My brother and i have similar vascular legs and we are both clean. Well i know for sure i am. He climbs like a goat and always tries to drop me so the jury is out on him.

ralphbert said:
While I'm normally the first to dance naked around the dopers bonfire in this case the clinic Illuminati have it wrong imo. My brother and i have similar vascular legs and we are both clean. Well i know for sure i am. He climbs like a goat and always tries to drop me so the jury is out on him.

agree, low fat % and veins are not so rare. clinic and twitter Illuminati put their dancing shoes on as soon as Kennaugh posted that pic

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
pastronef said:
agree, low fat % and veins are not so rare. clinic and twitter Illuminati put their dancing shoes on as soon as Kennaugh posted that pic

I agree, I love seeing Sky getting called out but this is a non story I'm afraid. Moving swiftly on ....

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ralphbert said:
no, it is ceteris paribus. those arteries never existed in that degree previously. Your bro is natural, but still a certain natural standard deviation.

these guys, when that major artery down the thigh is prominent, that is DANGEROUS. show me an athlete with that artery so prominent in the century before 2000. You wont be able to show me one.

Prominent veins are nothing new, especially in forearms and guys going to the gym. I had significant veins in my arms.

That leg artery, if it is severed, you can bleed out ones life in a few minutes. I would like to have some subcutaneous dermis tissue surrounding that artery.

I have never seen that artery prominent in sport before. Even running, where they all are even leaner than GT cyclists on the 21st day, and they are carrying less weight. OK, one could argue, proportionately, but i believe my point stands, and is valid.

To have that leg artery prominent, cannot be safe. One could argue, well, ones carotoid artery is always on display, and yes, i concede this.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
deeno1975 said:
I agree, I love seeing Sky getting called out but this is a non story I'm afraid. Moving swiftly on ....
not the spidery leg veins. And ESPECIALLY, the artery running down the leg. These veins have never been SO prominent.

salient term, SO. all things being equal, ceteris paribus.

If you can find me one athlete that has had the leg artery showing, i will go "he". or, "go he"

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
blackcat said:
no, it is ceteris paribus. those arteries never existed in that degree previously. Your bro is natural, but still a certain natural standard deviation.

these guys, when that major artery down the thigh is prominent, that is DANGEROUS. show me an athlete with that artery so prominent in the century before 2000. You wont be able to show me one.

Prominent veins are nothing new, especially in forearms and guys going to the gym. I had significant veins in my arms.

That leg artery, if it is severed, you can bleed out ones life in a few minutes. I would like to have some subcutaneous dermis tissue surrounding that artery.

I have never seen that artery prominent in sport before. Even running, where they all are even leaner than GT cyclists on the 21st day, and they are carrying less weight. OK, one could argue, proportionately, but i believe my point stands, and is valid.

To have that leg artery prominent, cannot be safe. One could argue, well, ones carotoid artery is always on display, and yes, i concede this.

Would that not be a vein and not an artery? Or is your medication causing hallucinations again?

I had a Biology teacher that had veins like that on his arms. Caused by vegietism in his case. Some of those pictures are deliberately posed so the veins are prominent. Prove nothing and are just gross to see.

Has anybody found some actual proof that TeamSky are doping their riders? Real court standard proof that would finish this nonsense once and for all?

TRENDING THREADS