• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1242 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Robert21 said:
Christophe Bassons take on the current state of pro cycling, taken from his excellent book. 'A Clean Break'. I wonder who he was thinking of when he wrote the first couple of paragraphs? ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Break-My-Story-ebook/dp/B00KWYKG80

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Look:
http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=indepth.view&id=147

I knew I read something like that before, good thing the Aicar test is a treshold test...

JV also talked about Danielson burning carbs, and not fat.

who remembers this?

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
Yes, just like Froome, never tested positive.

Until. Riding for BC. EPO they said.

the sceptic said:
Of course. How could he have been doping when there was no evidence?

You both believe JTL was doping for those two wins so less of the sarcasm please. Maybe you can explain why you have deliberately twisted the facts to suit your own arguments. I won't expect a sensible reply.

Digger said:
well what evidence is there that he was doping there? anyone who watched it could tell it was superior tactics and bike handling by JTL.

He didn't climb as fast as Lance so couldn't be doping. Plus he worked really hard that year in training. Turned off the power meter he didn't have and rode an extra 2 hours.

thehog said:
He didn't climb as fast as Lance so couldn't be doping. Plus he worked really hard that year in training. Turned off the power meter he didn't have and rode an extra 2 hours.

He alright did something very innovative regarding his diet...he cut carbs...that's what the genius nutritionist cound got froome to do...now it's all the rage.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
yes!! because he was part Inuit
yes! great memory Digger.

Danielson part Inuit!!! blubber, only processes phats and Biggie Smalls, or Biggy Smalls.

@theHog how about this!

reminds me of a footballer from Essendon Bombers, Dean Rioli, never met a fried turtle he did not like

if its not gluten free, its whale and seal phat (sic).

JV transcended marginal gains, he never gave them a weasel word <tell>, he just seeded the devices

blackcat said:
yes! great memory Digger.

Danielson part Inuit!!! blubber, only processes phats and Biggie Smalls, or Biggy Smalls.

@theHog how about this!

reminds me of a footballer from Essendon Bombers, Dean Rioli, never met a fried turtle he did not like

if its not gluten free, its whale and seal phat (sic).

JV transcended marginal gains, he never gave them a weasel word <tell>, he just seeded the devices

If Kohli can put on 150 today it will prove spicey food will be the new marginal gain.

Watto, still on the pies?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
JV also talked about Danielson burning carbs, and not fat.

who remembers this?

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/jonathan-vaughters-on-the-enigmatic-tom-danielson-64053
Tom Danielson in 20 per cent Eskimo in his heritage, and this probably contributes to what I can only describe as a uinique metabolism. He has a strong tendancy to store fat, not use it as fuel, if untrained.

You can see this in any photo of Tommy D. He can never get down to the vein popping five per cent fat you see in some riders. He just cannot do it, not matter how much he starves or trains. In addition, this metabolism tends to strongly favour sugar as fuel.

When Tom eats carbohydrate, his body wants to just use it up as fuel, then shut down, and store all the fat ingested as body mass. I suppose this is to protect against arctic winds, but it’s very difficult to work with in a cyclist. :D Not only does his body want to be chubby, naturally, it also gets the hunger knock very easily, as naturally, his body doesn’t like to use its fat stores as fuel. So, he’s a rider that has to eat a lot to keep from getting hunger flat, but gets fat, quite easily, from eating a lot. Tough.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
So, given that Digger, thehog and the sceptic have all agreed that JTL's ridiculous transformation was achieved 100% dope free, what reason is there to believe that other riders (specifically Froome and Wiggins), did not undergo similar transformations clean?

Bernie's eyesore said:
So, given that Digger, thehog and the sceptic have all agreed that JTL's ridiculous transformation was achieved 100% dope free, what reason is there to believe that other riders (specifically Froome and Wiggins), did not undergo similar transformations clean?

I think they were being sarcastic.
BUT one must agree that he was doping BOTH @ Endura when he won big time in 2012 and @ Sky whey the bio passport caught him out

Bernie's eyesore said:

Are you saying his transformation was more 'ridiculous' (or sudden) than Froome??? :eek:

Digger said:
Are you saying his transformation was more 'ridiculous' (or sudden) than Froome??? :eek:

JTL won a 79km stage in a Pro Comti race where half the field pulled out.

Dawg suddenly started climbing and TT'ing at the front in a GT even after he spent the spent the first week riding on the front for Wiggins.

3 weeks prior in Poland he couldn't even hold the main group.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
JTL won a 79km stage in a Pro Comti race where half the field pulled out.

Dawg suddenly started climbing and TT'ing at the front in a GT even after he spent the spent the first week riding on the front for Wiggins.

3 weeks prior in Poland he couldn't even hold the main group.
Why let out his domestique duties for Morris - who - Possoni at the Brixia Tour just prior?

Morris, still thinking, 'where did it all go wrong'. Put in picture Froome giving Morris a push after a bikechange. Morris, not even having a contract and implicated at the Ferrari case last month.

That said, what PED works so fast it will make a domestique for Morris - who - Possoni a GT Chump in 6-7 weeks?

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
pastronef said:
I think they were being sarcastic.
BUT one must agree that he was doping BOTH @ Endura when he won big time in 2012 and @ Sky whey the bio passport caught him out

No, they were being serious. JTL doping prior to april 2012 didn't fit their agenda so they rewrote history and hoped nobody would pick up on it.

Digger said:

Probably slightly more ridiculous as he was starting from a much, much lower level.

TRENDING THREADS