• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1269 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sniper said:
calm down.
Hog was merely pulling your leg for that argument of yours about how we weren't discussing Leinders here in 2007...

No, Hog was trolling and baiting as always, amazing how you are quick to call others trolls or bots but when it is someone you agree with, it is only a big joke even though it is far more obvious.

peloton said:
Not on this forum, but you are kidding yourself, it was widely known inside the sport that Dr. Leinders was a doping doctor.

Riddle me that, and the transformations. Marginal gains alright :rolleyes:

https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/cheating-special-leinders-team-sky-russia-belichick

How many people on this forum are inside the sport?

The comparison was Ferrari in 01 v Leinders 12. Maybe everyone within the sport knew Leinders was a doping doctor but to the cycling public, they knew nothing about Leinders. In comparison to Ferrari who by 01 was recognised as a doping doctor by everyone and was on trial for doping. Hell from 94 he was pretty much recognised as a doping doctor following his EPO comments.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
peloton said:
Not on this forum, but you are kidding yourself, it was widely known inside the sport that Dr. Leinders was a doping doctor.

Riddle me that, and the transformations. Marginal gains alright :rolleyes:

https://soundcloud.com/secondcaptains-it-com/cheating-special-leinders-team-sky-russia-belichick

It's bot logic. They are doing exactly the same over on bikeretard.

Making Leinders look like a small time guy is the only way to justify him being at sky without doping anyone.

pmcg76 said:
No, Hog was trolling and baiting as always, amazing how you are quick to call others trolls or bots but when it is someone you agree with, it is only a big joke even though it is far more obvious.

Could that raw nerve be anymore.... raw? :rolleyes:

If you're going to go pointing fingers then expect some pointing back. Just because one tears apart your paltry arguments doesn't make them a troll. Just means you didn't have a very good argument to begin with :cool:

thehog said:
Could that raw nerve be anymore.... raw? :rolleyes:

If you're going to go pointing fingers then expect some pointing back. Just because one tears apart your paltry arguments doesn't make them a troll. Just means you didn't have a very good argument to begin with :cool:

Hog you have undoubtedly been off trying to find a mention of Leinders in this forum before SKY but of course have failed miserably.

For the record, this is your first post on Leinders in his thread, page 2, post 18. Talking about Leinders. Yeah, you knew all about him:rolleyes:

"This I agree with. He was never an orchestrator of doping or ever in the same league as Ferrari.

I say decoy as well"

Let me repeat that, Never an orchestrator of doping..... Decoy:rolleyes:

Haha, too funny.

the sceptic said:
It's bot logic. They are doing exactly the same over on bikeretard.

Making Leinders look like a small time guy is the only way to justify him being at sky without doping anyone.

So who was that trying to make Leinders look like a small time guy? What? Did you say Hog:eek:

At the time of the Leinders revelations, nobody on here really knew anything about the guy. Despite this, I pointed out as did others that SKY had no excuse for not knowing as they had Flecha, Hayman, De Jongh, all former Rabobank riders then at SKY. Likewise I pointed out they were preaching one thing but practicing another.

In terms of profile/scandal, Leinders was never even close to Ferrari.

pmcg76 said:
Hog you have undoubtedly been off trying to find a mention of Leinders in this forum before SKY but of course have failed miserably.

No, I was eating dinner.

First you say I make stuff up and now you quote me? :rolleyes:

Which is it?

I said Leinders injected young men with EPO, when I was making those statements I was being reported by bots to have me banned. Truth hurts.

I've always said Leinders wasn't acting as a doping doctor at Sky. Still hold to that. He had a much more important role.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
So who was that trying to make Leinders look like a small time guy? What? Did you say Hog:eek:

At the time of the Leinders revelations, nobody on here really knew anything about the guy. Despite this, I pointed out as did others that SKY had no excuse for not knowing as they had Flecha, Hayman, De Jongh, all former Rabobank riders then at SKY. Likewise I pointed out they were preaching one thing but practicing another.

In terms of profile/scandal, Leinders was never even close to Ferrari.

Well, surprise surprise, doping doctors are relatively unknown to the public until they get dragged into investigations.

the sceptic said:
Well, surprise surprise, doping doctors are relatively unknown to the public until they get dragged into investigations.

Except Ferrari and also(Conconi/Cecchini) who were all regarded as doping doctors long before they ever went under investigation. That is the point. When Armstrong was working secretly with Ferrari, every man and his dog knew Ferrari was dodgy, thus the secrecy. That was not the case when Leinders joined SKY as the cycling public didn't even know who he was. That still doesn't excuse SKY hiring him.

thehog said:
No, I was eating dinner.

First you say I make stuff up and now you quote me? :rolleyes:

Which is it?

I said Leinders injected young men with EPO, when I was making those statements I was being reported by bots to have me banned. Truth hurts.

I've always said Leinders wasn't acting as a doping doctor at Sky. Still hold to that. He had a much more important role.

The quote is from 2012 as like I said, you knew jack about Leinders before that as evidenced by your claim that he wasn't a major promoter of doping at Rabobank and that he was a decoy for bigger fish. That is your very first post on the subject.

I hope you have a loud beeping noise for backing up real quick

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Except Ferrari and also(Conconi/Cecchini) who were all regarded as doping doctors long before they ever went under investigation. That is the point. When Armstrong was working secretly with Ferrari, every man and his dog knew Ferrari was dodgy, thus the secrecy. That was not the case when Leinders joined SKY as the cycling public didn't even know who he was. That still doesn't excuse SKY hiring him.

After the details became known, it's obvious Leinders was a very experienced doping doctor with UCI connections to avoid positives.

This is what sky fans desperately are trying to avoid thinking about.

And yes, there is no reasonable explanation as to how he ended up at sky. Well except for the one obvious reason.

the sceptic said:
After the details became known, it's obvious Leinders was a very experienced doping doctor with UCI connections to avoid positives.

This is what sky fans desperately are trying to avoid thinking about.

And yes, there is no reasonable explanation as to how he ended up at sky. Well except for the one obvious reason.

Yes, the bots just want him to treat saddle sores.

Leinders arrives at Sky and Froome goes boom! Couldn't make this stuff up :rolleyes:

Poor bots. They just want Wiggo's book to tell them Leinders was a great Doctor, LOL! :cool:

I was watching Bloomberg tv today and I heard that there were "marginal gains" in the Asian market.

hmmm. Someone should tell the Sky journos about this about this. Maybe they can write articles about how Brailsford's scientific revolution in Sky has spread to the world of financne and the world is recovering economically thanks to him.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I was watching Bloomberg tv today and I heard that there were "marginal gains" in the Asian market.

hmmm. Someone should tell the Sky journos about this about this. Maybe they can write articles about how Brailsford's scientific revolution in Sky has spread to the world of financne and the world is recovering economically thanks to him.

sometimes I think that Brailsford is just a clown that somehow managed to con himself into the biggest job in british cycling. Kind of like a rich mans David Brent.

I have never seen him say anything that actually makes any sense. Everything he says is wrapped in many layers of management speak.

ok

the sceptic said:
My initial point was that Sky after 3 years are not very different from Postal in the same time frame.

I have yet to see you make any argument that disproves my point Mark. All you did was come up with some extremely weak attempts at nitpicking that a 6 year old could see through.

mock away....................but i still ask................if comparisons are so obvious

why do you have need to misrepresent facts?

if team sky are doping it is nothing to do with my awareness of such

Mark L

clowning

the sceptic said:
sometimes I think that Brailsford is just a clown that somehow managed to con himself into the biggest job in british cycling. Kind of like a rich mans David Brent.

I have never seen him say anything that actually makes any sense. Everything he says is wrapped in many layers of management speak.

sure............the clown that got the job done..........a real idiot

Mark L

pmcg76 said:
The quote is from 2012 as like I said, you knew jack about Leinders before that as evidenced by your claim that he wasn't a major promoter of doping at Rabobank and that he was a decoy for bigger fish. That is your very first post on the subject.

I hope you have a loud beeping noise for backing up real quick

thehog said:
This I agree with. He was never an orchestrator of doping or ever in the same league as Ferrari.

I say decoy as well.

Good post Hog!

I was beaten on the day by [Alexandre] Kashechkin, who went [for doping], Vino (Alexander Vinokourov) who went, Ruben Plaza who is here but is half the rider he used to be, and they all went in Fuentes [Operaci?n Puerto -ed.]. [Michael] Rogers won that day, Fabian [Cancellara] was second and [Jose Ivan] Gutierez was third. So on paper I was probably fourth
Hahahaha. Oh god.

MartinGT said:
Nothing has changed.

If it was someone else saying it the Fan boys would be crying to the Murdoch papers :rolleyes:

OK, run it past me again. Perhaps people have missed the point and given you little credit.

What is so incriminating about this sentence, " The expectations, the demands and pressures hasn't made it not-fun but it's been business like"?

Is that any kind of revelation? Does it prove a point to you? What exactly does it prove to you?

Nobody who has any interest at all in the sport thinks that Wiggins has had a whale of a time in the last few years. What else do you expect him to say?

wrinklyvet said:
OK, run it past me again. Perhaps people have missed the point and given you little credit.

What is so incriminating about this sentence, " The expectations, the demands and pressures hasn't made it not-fun but it's been business like"?

Is that any kind of revelation? Does it prove a point to you? What exactly does it prove to you?

Nobody who has any interest at all in the sport thinks that Wiggins has had a whale of a time in the last few years. What else do you expect him to say?

Exactly. You need to be business like to win at things - not exactly an earth shattering revelation.