• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1323 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

robertmooreheadlane said:
Because you are basically saying to the world and the other teams that you lot are all sub standard and my athletes are better than any of yours on any day in any terrain and in any situation.

Which; over a three week race is the most egotistical thing anyone has ever said.

It is one thing to be the Usain Bolt of cycling and strut around as if you own the place and are the biggest swinging dx#k in the joint. It is another to walk around and castrate every other man in the room before the competition begins.

DB is basically telling other grand tour winners and cyclists with some very impressive palmares (especially when compared to froome's) that it all means nothing to him and he will make sure his team win whether they should or not.
Great post! Well said :) All those other riders, very big names and multiple GT winners among them, if team Sky perform at their best they will be no match :rolleyes:
And also, this basically means if anyone but Sky wins, team Sky "did not perform at their best"

quite disrespectful

May 19, 2015
Visit site

ebandit said:
obviously my expectation differs from others.........i see no disrespect to others in saying

'if we all ride at out best we will win'........................

Mark L

Because you are basically saying to the world and the other teams that you lot are all sub standard and my athletes are better than any of yours on any day in any terrain and in any situation.

Which; over a three week race is the most egotistical thing anyone has ever said.

It is one thing to be the Usain Bolt of cycling and strut around as if you own the place and are the biggest swinging dx#k in the joint. It is another to walk around and castrate every other man in the room before the competition begins.

DB is basically telling other grand tour winners and cyclists with some very impressive palmares (especially when compared to froome's) that it all means nothing to him and he will make sure his team win whether they should or not.

Yeah, he is basically saying unless the Dawg crashes, punctures and/or get sick, it's a not only something highly possible but a foregone conclusion. A predetermined victory if anything goes according to the plan. Making conclusive indications of the result is an odd thing to do. Even if he acts as the vice president of the UCI.

Re:

The_Cheech said:
I guess many people are irritated at the condescending language used by DB. I love it. Having to talk up your team publicly is a sign of insecurity.

He is basically letting his mouth write checks his homeboy may not be able to cash.

I guess he forgot what happened last year.

First the Star Wars analogy and now this excellent Top Gun-quote. The Clinic at its very best :)

LaFlorecita said:

Great post! Well said :) All those other riders, very big names and multiple GT winners among them, if team Sky perform at their best they will be no match :rolleyes:
And also, this basically means if anyone but Sky wins, team Sky "did not perform at their best"

quite disrespectful

You win the ironic post of the day award. Guess who is quoted below?

if my legs feel good, I'm not scared of Froome or Wiggins

Re: Sky

Perhaps Sir Dave is aware that Chris and Team Sky
have received good juju from the mganga that a
young Froomey used to supply with bunny and
butterfly parts. So Sir Dave may be respecting
the mganga rather than disrespecting other
teams or riders.

LaFlorecita said:

quite disrespectful
You've just summed up the mentality of most English sports fans right there Flo.

42x16ss said:
LaFlorecita said:

quite disrespectful
You've just summed up the mentality of most English sports fans right there Flo.

This stuff is exactly why I not only want Sky to lose, but want them to be abjectly humiliated in pretty much every race they enter…and yes, I'm an 'English fan'. Brailsford's arrogance is extraordinary - and rather than being an 'English mentality', I actually think it is the very antithesis of what I grew up with as being 'sporting'. It is very unEnglish to me. Not much of the 'Play up! play up! and play the game!". I despise it.

Brailsford seems incapable of showing even the smallest amount of humility and, yes, respect to his rivals or indeed the race. No-one, it seems, can give a performance that either bests or surprises. He knows the capabilities and limits of all and they are all inferior. No situation or circumstance cannot be predicted and dealt with by his all-seeing eye and superior abilities.... Why bother having a race at all, when the outcome is so self-evident…?

I hope that another wheelgate shows him and Sky up for his hubris. I can honestly say that I don't even care if it means we don't get 'the race between the big Four'. If Froome DNF or loses loads of time to misfortune and Sky and Brailsford have to eat humble pie for three weeks, that's a victory right there for me.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

Electress said:
42x16ss said:
LaFlorecita said:

quite disrespectful

This stuff is exactly why I not only want Sky to lose, but want them to be abjectly humiliated in pretty much every race they enter…and yes, I'm an 'English fan'. Brailsford's arrogance is extraordinary - and rather than being an 'English mentality', I actually think it is the very antithesis of what I grew up with as being 'sporting'. It is very unEnglish to me. Not much of the 'Play up! play up! and play the game!". I despise it.

Brailsford seems incapable of showing even the smallest amount of humility and, yes, respect to his rivals or indeed the race. No-one, it seems, can give a performance that either bests or surprises. He knows the capabilities and limits of all and they are all inferior. No situation or circumstance cannot be predicted and dealt with by his all-seeing eye and superior abilities.... Why bother having a race at all, when the outcome is so self-evident…?

I hope that another wheelgate shows him and Sky up for his hubris. I can honestly say that I don't even care if it means we don't get 'the race between the big Four'. If Froome DNF or loses loads of time to misfortune and Sky and Brailsford have to eat humble pie for three weeks, that's a victory right there for me.

They'll be taking your passport away from you :D

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

Electress said:

I want them to win. And be tested. And for an undisclosed test protocol to reveal their juice. And then lose.

BYOP88 said:

Well, if Porte won the Giro, I had a 'contingency proposal' to become a Spanish citizen…Mercifully, Alberto saved the poor guy from that rash act of gallantry. :p

Lord knows what I'll do if Froome wins the Tour. *shudder*

Dear Wiggo said:
Electress said:

I want them to win. And be tested. And for an undisclosed test protocol to reveal their juice. And then lose.

I want them to be popped, sooo sooo so badly. Watching Sky being hoist on their own petard. But not to win. I couldn't bear the endless butt-hurt moaning about it. Besides, I want the double more than Sky's downfall.

Electress said:
BYOP88 said:

Well, if Porte won the Giro, I had a 'contingency proposal' to become a Spanish citizen…Mercifully, Alberto saved the poor guy from that rash act of gallantry. :p

Lord knows what I'll do if Froome wins the Tour. *shudder*

Dear Wiggo said:
Electress said:

I want them to be popped, sooo sooo so badly. Watching Sky being hoist on their own petard. But not to win. I couldn't bear the endless butt-hurt moaning about it. Besides, I want the double more than Sky's downfall.
Sadly, while I want what you describe, I think it needs to happen when they win.

Why? Because any other way, they will turn around and say they were targeted - after all, they were doping and the other teams still beat them into the ground, so what were they doing? If Sky gets busted after being beaten badly they will play the victim card and probably get away with it in the eyes of the British media.

Trust me, I'm used to Queensland Rugby League fans and they're possibly even worse!!!

desperation

Dear Wiggo said:
Electress said:

ha ha,,,,,,,,the desperation...........surely a clean winner would be better

............any clean rider

ha ha alberto thinks he will win the GT big two and no-one notices........no wonder this

thread is heading to be the biggest in galactic history

Mark l

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: desperation

ebandit said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Electress said:

ha ha alberto thinks he will win the GT big two and no-one notices........no wonder this

Mark l

No no no, the thread is so big because of all of the Sky fans defending them. The posts here are objective, made from thoughtful analysis, the thread certainly isn't used as a platform to moan endlessly about Sky. Just look at the last few pages.

Re: desperation

JimmyFingers said:
ebandit said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Electress said:

Mark l

No no no, the thread is so big because of all of the Sky fans defending them. The posts here are objective, made from thoughtful analysis, the thread certainly isn't used as a platform to moan endlessly about Sky. Just look at the last few pages.

mmm I don't know. I tried to find a reason for these 3 million views and 33.000 replies, and not all of them are because a few fans try to defend them. I don't know, we know they are on the juice, and we know they NEED to shape their PR for the British public to believe in them
but a few thousand of blind fans and a dozen of Sky lovers/defenders on here are not enough to spur all the other posters to such a great feedback and replies and views.
Ianother point of view could be the one where people angry with team Sky are angry because braislford and co want us to believe their BS and marginal gains and lies and illness, but I consider myself intelligent enough to believe that or not, instead of complaining on here about every word they say
but anyway
always fun to read this thread

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Electress said:
42x16ss said:
LaFlorecita said:

quite disrespectful

DB has become the Kanye West of cycling team management

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

I hope that another wheelgate shows him and Sky up for his hubris. I can honestly say that I don't even care if it means we don't get 'the race between the big Four'. If Froome DNF or loses loads of time to misfortune and Sky and Brailsford have to eat humble pie for three weeks, that's a victory right there for me.[/quote]

DB has become the Kanye West of cycling team management[/quote]

When I think he was actually going for the Jose Mourinho award instead.
The issue is that Jose is a football manager and although a very few people know what goes on in football there is no-one in the British public or media that cares. So his mind games and flamboyant posturing is seen as good entertainment (not a Chelsea fan so don't come and start moaning about that last sentence please, i'm generalising)

The problem for Brailsford is that he is doing all this showboating and mind games in a sport where the team is a part of it but the race boils down to a one on one against the top guys and the world and his wife know they are all doped to the gills and it is so infuriating to see someone try to pull the wool over some very cynical and tired eyes that have seen it all before.
He isn't even trying to do anything new
Just trotting out the same old shite we saw from the LA era.
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a documentary on the "science of Chris Froome" or the "Science of marginal gains" as we did with a certain other athlete back in 2002.

And for those who want to see Sky popped when they win - sorry not going to happen
The UCI will not let the CAFD pop Sky if they are on the top step before or after the race due to the damage it would cause to the sport and their current relations with the ASO
ASO won't let the AFLD pop sky if they are on the top step as they won't want that stain on their race. they will instruct the UCI to pop them at the next given opportunity. Hence why i think if Sky win it is the last we will ever see of the Dawg.

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Sky have been massively valuable from a commercial point of view at the moment in raising the profile of the TDF in the UK; 2012 & 2013 made sure of that.
You wouldn't believe how many Sky team replica shirts are out at weekends round my way :p

immy

Dear Wiggo said:
djpbaltimore said:
Nicely played, sir...

Lucky Jimmy is in there defending Nibali and Contador too. I don't know how these poor pro cyclists would cope without his unwavering support.

seriously?.........all the time you've been here.......thoosands of posts.........and you still

think it's about other members such as jimmy

he may choose to post her he is not obliged to balance that view........

Mark L

TRENDING THREADS