• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1389 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Freddythefrog said:
"No Shane, but I wouldn't say no to another Carling. Training starts tomorrow."

ok ok ok,

Gauloises bleu.

now, lets channel the script from Blue Velvet:
Dennis Hopper "Heineken? ** that ***, Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Is this what Brailsford learnt;

"Lance Armstrong's greatest strength was also his greatest weakness. People. He could impress people, he could charm people, he could cajole people, he could extract love and loyalty. But when he was finished he had no feel for keeping people. He had no sense of the needs they had."

This was Lance's downfall and if anybody was thinking of running a mass doping programme in the future, they would surely learn from Armstrong's failures with the human race and conclude that the way to do it would be through a corporate programme, backed by enough money that if anyone was disaffected they would be compensated for their silence, and with plenty of good pr so the few awkward questions could be drowned out.

It would appear to be the case.....

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Is this what Brailsford learnt;

"Lance Armstrong's greatest strength was also his greatest weakness. People. He could impress people, he could charm people, he could cajole people, he could extract love and loyalty. But when he was finished he had no feel for keeping people. He had no sense of the needs they had."

This was Lance's downfall and if anybody was thinking of running a mass doping programme in the future, they would surely learn from Armstrong's failures with the human race and conclude that the way to do it would be through a corporate programme, backed by enough money that if anyone was disaffected they would be compensated for their silence, and with plenty of good pr so the few awkward questions could be drowned out.

It would appear to be the case.....

is that the actual quote?

with the quote on cheating by joe montana, thats the cypher right there

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

the sceptic said:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/10/news/brailsford-french-attitude-make-it-harder-for-froome_388021

“People will make their own judgements, we said enough about it this year. I think it’s harder for Chris to win the Tour than the others — the other guys don’t get the same abuse that he takes, so for Chris to come back and have the appetite to try to win the Tour de France with the French attitude, that makes it harder for him to win it.”

french attitude? :rolleyes:

sounds like Brailsford is xenophobic. Looking forward to hear Jimmyfingers thoughts on the issue.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

the sceptic said:
the sceptic said:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/10/news/brailsford-french-attitude-make-it-harder-for-froome_388021

“People will make their own judgements, we said enough about it this year. I think it’s harder for Chris to win the Tour than the others — the other guys don’t get the same abuse that he takes, so for Chris to come back and have the appetite to try to win the Tour de France with the French attitude, that makes it harder for him to win it.”

sounds like Brailsford is xenophobic. Looking forward to hear Jimmyfingers thoughts on the issue.

Also sounds like Brailsford doesn't believe Froome can win it. But 'French attitude', yeah pathetic really.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

the sceptic said:

Brailsford should try walking a mile in Lance's shoes. At least Walsh likes Froome.

May 19, 2015
Visit site
What is the chance of Porte getting busted this year now that he is a free bird? It's impossible that he is unaware of Froome's secret. I wouldn't be surprised if they had shared needle. The half-sized dawg was better than the big dawg on Madone and has the potential to beat him on a MTF. Mini-dawg is a problem and what do you do with problems? You fix them.

I don't think Brailsford like real competition. Especially not if he is telling Tejay about Sky's secret recipe.

Re:

LeindersGains said:
What is the chance of Porte getting busted this year now that he is a free bird? It's impossible that he is unaware of Froome's secret. I wouldn't be surprised if they had shared needle. The half-sized dawg was better than the big dawg on Madone and has the potential to beat him on a MTF. Mini-dawg is a problem and what do you do with problems? You fix them.

I don't think Brailsford like real competition. Especially not if he is telling Tejay about Sky's secret recipe.
But Froome and Porte are BFF's... :rolleyes:

Oh, wait. You mean Froome could do LRP like Lance did to Tyler after Tyler left USPS.

Seems plausible.

irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Oh, wait. You mean Froome could do LRP like Lance did to Tyler after Tyler left USPS.

Seems plausible.

Porte has no interest in telling TJ about any secret recipe. He´ll keep it for himself (if ever there´s a secret recipe)
Braislford has no interest in busting Porte.
The one gaining some knowledge from Porte could be Rohan Dennis. I am prepared to become a Dennis fanboy in a few years

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Re:

LeindersGains said:

Probably the most ill informed post in clinic history.

1. Porte would not be aware what the secret recipe was (if there was one).
2. The idea that he shared needles with Froome is so stupid as to be beyond belief.
3. There is no reason at all to suggest that Porte was better than Froome on Madone.
4. The idea that Brailsford would want to set up Porte just in case Porte has the potential to beat Froome in a one off stage (why would they care?)
5. Finally, you seem to think that Tejay is suddenly likely to morph into some monster who can challenge Froome in the Tour.
6.And all that is before we even mention the idea that Brailsford has the power and authority to decide which riders fail tests , an idea which has absolutely no basis whatsoever.

Great stuff.

May 19, 2015
Visit site

irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Seems plausible.

As far as I know, their bromance is gone. But Froome is still too nice of a guy to do such things. It may be done behind his back without him knowing anything. A positive out-of-competition test from his Saxo days with Riis.

It will all depend on whether he will be able to match Froome in the early races.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

LeindersGains said:

Very small chance, he moved to BMC not Astana :)

May 19, 2015
Visit site

That's the most hysterical response I've ever seen, Mr. Eyesore.

Do you honestly believe that a power duo who is making the best climbers in the world look like amateurs wouldn't reveal their doping secrets to each other?

There is not ONE top rider in the peloton who doesn't share his inner secrets with his lieutenant. Landa and Aru. Valverde and Quintana. And in the past, Contador and Kreuziger. Oddly enough these guys are peaking together. Often in the stage after the rest day.

I'm pretty sure Ochowicz wants more from Porte than just wins.

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

LeindersGains said:
That's the hysterical response I've ever seen, Mr. Eyesore.

Do you honestly believe that a power duo who is making the best climbers in the world look like amateurs wouldn't reveal their doping secrets to each other?

There is not ONE top rider in the peloton who doesn't share his inner secrets with his lieutenant. Landa and Aru. Valverde and Quintana. And in the past, Contador and Kreuziger. Oddly enough these guys are peaking together. Often in the stage after the rest day.

Ricco and pepoli

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

pastronef said:
irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Seems plausible.

Porte has no interest in telling TJ about any secret recipe. He´ll keep it for himself (if ever there´s a secret recipe)
The one gaining some knowledge from Porte could be Rohan Dennis. I am prepared to become a Dennis fanboy in a few years

I tend to agree here -- Porte's first words post-Sky were "I wanna win the Tour still".
I want to win races like Paris-Nice and Catalunya again and I think next year at the Tour de France, why not have Tejay van Garderen and me there? We get along well," he said. "It is exciting to be going to a team where I am going to have so many opportunities for myself to win races."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/porte-confirmed-with-bmc-for-2016/

Ok some artistic license from me but Tour winnings = $$$ and that's the goal of any half-decent pro.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

pastronef said:
irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Seems plausible.

There is a secret recipe. But there is no chance Porte is smart enough to understand what sky have been doing to his body and then coherently explain it to someone else.

the sceptic said:
pastronef said:
irondan said:
LeindersGains said:

Seems plausible.

There is a secret recipe. But there is no chance Porte is smart enough to understand what sky have been doing to his body and then coherently explain it to someone else.

So true! Porte has trouble remembering his name let alone what they were injecting into his blood stream.

Porte is going to go all JTL on us :rolleyes:

LeindersGains said:

Landa did it all by himself, he was not part of the Astana inner circle.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

pastronef said:
LeindersGains said:

Landa did it all by himself, he was not part of the Astana inner circle.

By which you mean: with significant medical help yeah? Coz his program's results looked Ferrari-esque to me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts