• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1404 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Bit of topic, but just found these absolute gems from DrMarkBurnley.
Burnley 'addressing' the argument that Froome's transformation and Sky's TdF dominance are somewhat reminiscent of Lance/USPS.
Mark Burnley ‏@DrMarkBurnley 27. Sep. 2015
Logically*, Armstrong doped, therefore Wiggins, therefore Froome, therefore Radcliffe, therefore Armistead.
*not logically at all.

Mark Burnley ‏@DrMarkBurnley 28. Juli 2015
Watched The Armstrong Lie and Stop at Nothing last night. I thought, by and large, Sky/Froome are nothing like that.

Re:

ebandit said:
...look how hard lance worked to shut 'talkers' up............do you think team

sky are succeeding were lance............failed?

Mark L

Well, they've bought David Walsh and keep the english speaking press in their pocket as well as employing the UCI presidents son. What do you think?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:

Mark L

It was Lance's personality that did for him in the end. Also his litigative side rubbed others the wrong way. Lance as also cocky as hell and sloppy. Thought he was untouchable.

Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
harryh said:
Some teams (and riders) are more interesting than some others, as even this thread shows :)
It seems so. I guess that the problem is with us fans for wanting news on teams that have been racing already like Orica, Dimension Data, BMC, Drapac and Avanti instead of Sky's new cars, Landa and Kwiatkowski's new TT positions or Kwiatkowski and Froome's indentical new bikes :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ
Make that Kwiatkowski, Froome and now Landa's indentical new bikes....

42x16ss said:
42x16ss said:
harryh said:
Some teams (and riders) are more interesting than some others, as even this thread shows :)
It seems so. I guess that the problem is with us fans for wanting news on teams that have been racing already like Orica, Dimension Data, BMC, Drapac and Avanti instead of Sky's new cars, Landa and Kwiatkowski's new TT positions or Kwiatkowski and Froome's indentical new bikes :rolleyes:

Oh ffs :rolleyes:

bobbins said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

Well, they've bought David Walsh and keep the english speaking press in their pocket as well as employing the UCI presidents son. What do you think?
Any proof that Walsh controls the English speaking press??

LaFlorecita said:
42x16ss said:
42x16ss said:
harryh said:

Oh ffs :rolleyes:

yes Flo, I must admit this time I thought ffs too! :D

Re:

sniper said:
Bit of topic, but just found these absolute gems from DrMarkBurnley.
Burnley 'addressing' the argument that Froome's transformation and Sky's TdF dominance are somewhat reminiscent of Lance/USPS.
Mark Burnley ‏@DrMarkBurnley 27. Sep. 2015
Logically*, Armstrong doped, therefore Wiggins, therefore Froome, therefore Radcliffe, therefore Armistead.
*not logically at all.

Mark Burnley ‏@DrMarkBurnley 28. Juli 2015
Watched The Armstrong Lie and Stop at Nothing last night. I thought, by and large, Sky/Froome are nothing like that.
The word "fanboy" comes to mind.

rick james said:
bobbins said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

No one claimed he does?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
bobbins said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

Who apart from Kimmage and Walsh (both Irish by the way) were going to rock the boat? Moore? Fotheringhams? Cycling media who are all fans with ipads? BBC? Who?

They only needed Walsh, the rest were never a problem!

TourOfSardinia said:
Benotti69 said:
Who apart from Kimmage and Walsh (both Irish by the way) were going to rock the boat? Moore? Fotheringhams? Cycling media who are all fans with ipads? BBC? Who?

They only needed Walsh, the rest were never a problem!
BBC's Mark Daly broke the Mo Farah Story
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-32877702

Slight correction, Mark Daly is from BBC Scotland, not BBC central. Apparently Scotland wants to become a republic and break away from the UK :)

Good story by Mark. Of course it's not possible to beat the passport until an rank a amateur athlete decided to do it by ordering *** off the internet. Thumbs up WADA!

thehog said:
Good story by Mark. Of course it's not possible to beat the passport until an rank a amateur athlete decided to do it by ordering **** off the internet. Thumbs up WADA!

There had been plenty of studies showing the fallibility of the passport and French TV beat the Beeb to doing it as reality TV. As for the Farah side of the story: that was shared by Epstein, no, and (one presumes) USADA, who seemed to be on a bit of a fishing expedition the way they briefed the media.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sky

meat puppet said:
Landa on Aru, pun intended?

"I’m looking forward to the juiciness of being rivals having previously been teammates."

Palma velodrome is the new Teide, check out GCN exclusive SKYcamp video... but I'm afraid Landa may hit the barriers in the first corner, as they've found the ultimate TT position: head down, looking at the stem, checking the white line (will they paint the line on the road? That would be a marginal gain!)

Re: Sky

LaFlorecita said:
Uhmm I believe that's #4 - all Pinarello F8 Dogma's. At least Etixx has two types to show: Tarmac and Venge

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/geraint-thomas-2016-team-sky-pinarello-dogma-f8/
FFS :rolleyes:

To get Froome's, Landa's and Kwiatkowski's bikes CN/Bikeradar must have sent someone to the camp yeah? So why not just do a freaking special on the bikes and maybe give us a look at what other teams are riding too?

Katusha and Movistar for example are on all new Canyons, but you wouldn't know. Yet Sky get 4 specials on a bike identical to what they rode last year :confused:

Does anyone know if Sky still train on Tenerife? It seems like they are always on Mallorca these days. I was just thinking it would be a bit suspicious, Froome complains in the media about the lack of testing on Tenerife, where his main opponents train too, which prompts more testing on Tenerife, and then Sky move their training camps to Mallorca instead.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Does anyone know if Sky still train on Tenerife? It seems like they are always on Mallorca these days. I was just thinking it would be a bit suspicious, Froome complains in the media about the lack of testing on Tenerife, where his main opponents train too, which prompts more testing on Tenerife, and then Sky move their training camps to Mallorca instead.

Sky have had a permanent training base on Mallorca since 2013 I think and I'm almost certain they always do their winter training there. Weather and services are very similar but the riding is different and more suited to early season training.

TRENDING THREADS