• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1419 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Poels: The next true anointed?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-praises-poels-after-liege-bastogne-liege-win-news-shorts/
"Wout has speed, a fantastic work ethic and showed that he is a winner,” Brailsford told de Telegraaf. “He had a great share in the Froome’s Tour victory last year. I even think that he has the qualities himself to ride for the general classification at the Tour in the future. We are therefore talking about his contract extension. ...”

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-praises-poels-after-liege-bastogne-liege-win-news-shorts/
"Wout has speed, a fantastic work ethic and showed that he is a winner,” Brailsford told de Telegraaf. “He had a great share in the Froome’s Tour victory last year. I even think that he has the qualities himself to ride for the general classification at the Tour in the future. We are therefore talking about his contract extension. ...”

I'm sure he does, along with Froome, Thomas, Wiggins, Heano, JTL and every other rider who can be a GT if they want to...

Re:

Benotti69 said:
It is a wonder that Sky the masters of detail didn't pick up Mick Rogers heart problems............
You think they did fail to "pick it up"?
What I have read on Cycling Weekly is:
The 36-year-old, who started his career with Mapei-Quickstep in 2001, was diagnosed with a malformation of the aortic valve at the start of his career.

But now, cardiac examinations identified heart arrhythmia, meaning he must bring an end to his 16-year career, ending his time at Tinkoff.

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/michael-rogers-forced-retire-due-heart-problems-222449#rAuX3xotDHCXwTxh.99

Re:

Benotti69 said:
It is a wonder that Sky the masters of detail didn't pick up Mick Rogers heart problems............
They would of known about the congenital heart condition but the arrhythmia is a recent thing

"Recent cardiac examinations have identified occurrences of heart arrhythmia which have never been detected beforehand. This latest diagnosis, added to the congenital heart condition I was diagnosed with in 2001"

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:
The 36-year-old, who started his career with Mapei-Quickstep in 2001, was diagnosed with a malformation of the aortic valve at the start of his career.

But now, cardiac examinations identified heart arrhythmia, meaning he must bring an end to his 16-year career, ending his time at Tinkoff.

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/michael-rogers-forced-retire-due-heart-problems-222449#rAuX3xotDHCXwTxh.99

So cycling weekly confirmed Sky did not see his heart arrhythmia. Ta.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:

Maybe that arrhythmia is some type of side effect to all the "marginal gains"?

Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:

Some Arrhythmia's can come on later in life so it's possible Rogers didn't have it while at Sky.

Or yeah they missed it :D

As Rogers has stated: He has a congenital heart defect he's born with, and his condition began to deteriorate last year and was detected before the Tour Down Under, and he was pulled from the race by Tinkoff out of caution. He now has arrhythmia. Trying to blame lack of detection on a team is stupid, blaming it on doping even more stupid without any facts other than the condition itself.

StryderHells said:
Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:

Some Arrhythmia's can come on later in life so it's possible Rogers didn't have it while at Sky.

and how many years did it take for tinkoff doctors to find it?

carolina said:
StryderHells said:
Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:

The congenital defect in his aorta was stable throughout his career and exists since birth. i.e. there was no Arrhythmia and so nothing anyone could detect, even if they wanted to detect it with an EKG. The congenital defect only manifested itself as Arrhythmia just before Tour down Under 2016 and was detected, you would assume pretty quickly by either Rogers or basic EKG.

carolina said:
StryderHells said:
Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:

I have no idea do I? The point I was making that this one isn't on Sky as Rogers didn't have the problem whilst he rode for them

It's congenital and often develops into something more serious later in life. 1 in 32 people have what Rogers now has. In a typical peloton you would therefore expect maybe 6 riders to later develop arrhythmia. My friend has it after cycling for 10 years and had to quit cycling. He's 48, so a little older than Rogers, but then his heart hasn't been trying to keep up with Armstrong for most of his career lol!

What Rogers has is a bicuspid aorta. There should be a tricuspid. It is genetic. I have same but was no problem my entire life until 1.5 years ago. Prior to then was just some irregular heart beating and murmurs from blood leaking back into the heart. I raced up till 2years ago and really have no desire to do so anymore anyway. I am 62 years. There is a minimally invasive surgery now to repair valve by going in through the artery. My MD is doing it now but said I could just wait 5 more years when it is perfected and commonplace. I am running more than riding now but still do so at a pretty hard pace wheen I want with no worries.
I obviously never put the type of stress Rogers put on his heart. It probably is in his best interest to not race at pro level anymore.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:

so who else, mick rogers, hayden roulsten, will walker... are there any other current peloton era riders who this?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

thehog said:
TourOfSardinia said:

I'm sure he does, along with Froome, Thomas, Wiggins, Heano, JTL and every other rider who can be a GT if they want to...

come on hog, you forgot LRP

Forever The Best said:
Catwhoorg said:
Forever The Best said:
Are Tramadol and ketones banned?

No, tramadol is on the watch list though.
Thanks.Where can I get the list of the banned products?
Also is GW1516 banned?

http://list.wada-ama.org/

That will always have the most recent version of the list and the monitoring program.

GW1516 has been on the prohibited list since 2009. There is a test for it, not sure of the detection window.

Catwhoorg said:
Forever The Best said:
Catwhoorg said:
Forever The Best said:
Are Tramadol and ketones banned?

No, tramadol is on the watch list though.
Thanks.Where can I get the list of the banned products?
Also is GW1516 banned?

http://list.wada-ama.org/

That will always have the most recent version of the list and the monitoring program.

GW1516 has been on the prohibited list since 2009. There is a test for it, not sure of the detection window.

Re:

samhocking said:
As Rogers has stated: He has a congenital heart defect he's born with, and his condition began to deteriorate last year and was detected before the Tour Down Under, and he was pulled from the race by Tinkoff out of caution. He now has arrhythmia. Trying to blame lack of detection on a team is stupid, blaming it on doping even more stupid without any facts other than the condition itself.

Good post.

TRENDING THREADS