• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1496 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/exclusive-team-sky-riders-consider-asking-brailsford-to-resign/
url says it all

Right now, for SDB personally, the best scenario is one where he takes the fall, gets sacked or resigns, whilst he takes the heat off his riders.
His job? **** it. Much more important is that the riders who won him four TdFs get to keep those TdFs.
If Wiggins and Froome would get properly exposed, he'd loose his job anyway.

So Brailsford will take the fall, and he will do so voluntarily, make no mistake.
But, mind: Sky will make it look like David Walsh and the riders pushed him out.
Once SDB's gone, Walsh et al. will continue to pretend that there were 'a few bad apples' that have now been taken care of, and everything's back to normal.

Brailsford's top priority now is to save those TdF wins, that he has so much money invested in. And they'll play a nice PR game along with it - the link you posted is part of that - where they try to make it look as if the rest of Team Sky is impeccable. Walsh is on board.

just my 2 cents of course.

Brian Smith is the likely successor, hell he's the only name that comes to mind.

MatParker117 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/exclusive-team-sky-riders-consider-asking-brailsford-to-resign/
url says it all

Right now, for SDB personally, the best scenario is one where he takes the fall, gets sacked or resigns, whilst he takes the heat off his riders.
His job? **** it. Much more important is that the riders who won him four TdFs get to keep those TdFs.

So Brailsford will take the fall, and he will do so voluntarily, make no mistake.
But, mind: Sky will make it look like David Walsh and the riders pushed him out.
Once SDB's gone, Walsh et al. will continue to pretend that there were 'a few bad apples' that have now been taken care of, and everything's back to normal.

Brailsford's top priority now is to save those TdF wins, that he has so much money invested in. And they'll play a nice PR game along with it - the link you posted is part of that - where they try to make it look as if the rest of Team Sky is impeccable. Walsh is on board.

Brian Smith is the likely successor, hell he's the only name that comes to mind.

that´s ok, I´d like that

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

that´s ok, I´d like that
It's by all means a decent guess.
some actually still believe he rode clean and never saw and heard nothing, so he definitely fits the bill.
he can play vaughters game.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

sniper said:
pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

that´s ok, I´d like that
some actually still believe he rode clean and never saw and heard nothing, so he definitely fits the bill.

Wasn't he the one who said that Lance didn't dope/suggest doping before Lance confessed, then changed his tune after the confession? (Or have I got the wrong guy).

sniper said:
pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

that´s ok, I´d like that

A public Lance apologist. Nice

VayaVayaVaya said:
sniper said:
Plenty of 'old' episodes the press need to revisit in light of the latest revelations.

1. Vuelta 2010, Team Sky falls sick, Txema dies.

2. Biarritz 2004, Millar gets arrested, Brailsford and Fran claim not to have known anything about Millar's doping, a claim supported by Millar of course.

3. The whole u23 British Cycling franchise in Quarrata, Tuscany, from 2005 (iinm) onwards.

4. Linda McCartney, obviously.

5. Brian's son Oliver at Team Sky.

6. Froome's bilharzia and 2007 Fax.

And a shitload more.

Is there a link to a good consolidation of this stuff? I've tried to make it through some of the threads, but there's a loooot in there. For example, the fax - what's the deal with that?

Ah, the fax, the fax! Ole Froomie's pre-transformation test results, magically dug out of a dusty ole filing cabinet at UCI towers, after the tenacious, Maigret-style detective skills of The Cound! That provided irrefutable evidence that Froome's engine was there all along, he just needed to lose the fat ;)

Somewhere, Hog showed an image of all the things that were 'inexplicable' about it - like odd bits cut and pasted over ring binder holes and bits in bold in one version and not another...not that this in any way challenges its authenticity at all.

Can't see that Brailsford won't go, but I suspect he'll be negotiating an exit deal. He falls on his sword, the wagons have circled, and he reappears with a nice fat sinecure in a few years time.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

Does Brailsford need to be at races?

Can he delegate by phone, tablet etc and not be seen to delegate?

I would've thought that Sky are well able to stage a stepdown but rather Brailsford steps back into the shadows and continues to run things.

Benotti69 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

I would've thought that Sky are well able to stage a stepdown but rather Brailsford steps back into the shadows and continues to run things.

They have to be seen to 'draw the line', book-end the narrative. The Rogue Doctor isn't going to be enough. I think they need a senior head on a platter to make this thing go away.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

Alastair Campbell will have this sorted.

He may have to go so the press refrain from digging.

I still see Rupert pulling the pin. Will it be before or after the Tour? Well, this is tiddlywinks, no one cares about cycling in S&P500. And the NewsCorp/21CFox complete takeover is big boys toys, not dismal science cycling.

Will the press push it to make Rupert pay from 5 years back?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Electress said:
Benotti69 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

They have to be seen to 'draw the line', book-end the narrative. The Rogue Doctor isn't going to be enough. I think they need a senior head on a platter to make this thing go away.

Do the riders like Brailsford? If they dont he will be gone. If they do he will be shuffled back out of sight pulling strings at a distance. Sky have won a lot of TdFs with Brailsford and they probably wont want to change that. But if he is toxic and that will depend on the media, it appears Walsh is out to get Brailsford and that would seem Sky/Murdochs want him to resign rather than pay to make him go away. Brailsford falling on his sword would also show the next guy that dont pay off the mistakes.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
Electress said:
Benotti69 said:
sniper said:
TourOfSardinia said:
url says it all

Do the riders like Brailsford? If they dont he will be gone. If they do he will be shuffled back out of sight pulling strings at a distance. Sky have won a lot of TdFs with Brailsford and they probably wont want to change that. But if he is toxic and that will depend on the media, it appears Walsh is out to get Brailsford and that would seem Sky/Murdochs want him to resign rather than pay to make him go away. Brailsford falling on his sword would also show the next guy that dont pay off the mistakes.

ask JTL

in my opinion, it is only fair that he gets his ride back on Sky, a berth on the A team, and all the "support" required.

I am sick of scapegoats

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Someone mentioned Fran Millar. Out of morbid curiosity I just had a look at her tweetering. Jesus Christ! What a bubble these people live in. Self indulgent Sky corporate guff. I feel nauseated and a little dirty.

Is there any way back from Corporate juggernauts with their endless corporate sheep-mind brainwashing taking over? (rhetorical)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Beech Mtn said:
Perhaps Sky can merge with Vaughters' team :D
This is a great Idea. Maybe Bobby J. and Lance A. can be the DS and Assistant DS.

On a more pointed part. Where is Greg, Betsy, and the rest of the gang stand on all this. USA cycling fans would like to know. So far all I hear are Parakeets.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sky

Wow they did wheel Portal out today as I predicted yesterday.

Which means tomorrow must be Kerrisons turn.

We love you Dave :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re:

BYOP88 said:
Sky riders busy tweeting their support of Brailsford.

Is this in the same way that the Prime Minister usually states 'I have full confidence in Whathisname'. Then you know he / she / it has a matter of days.

Can't help but wonder what they'll need to assure his silence though. I anticipate a senior role in UK sport at some point.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Tao Geoghegan Hart‏ @taogeoghegan 39m39 minutes ago

It's been a great start to the year & I couldn't be prouder to race in @TeamSky colours under our incredible boss.

Hart being well smart and not naming Brailsford :D

TRENDING THREADS