• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1497 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Tao Geoghegan Hart‏ @taogeoghegan 39m39 minutes ago

It's been a great start to the year & I couldn't be prouder to race in @TeamSky colours under our incredible boss.

Hart being well smart and not naming Brailsford :D

I like the choice of words:

incredible ɪnˈkrɛdɪb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: incredible

1. impossible to believe.

2. difficult to believe; extraordinary.

Boy done good ;)

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Chris Froome's tweet: ''Enjoying every moment before the chaos of the season kicks off''

Can't stand the guy but credit to him for not being an arse-kisser like the rest.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Electress said:
Benotti69 said:

It's been a great start to the year & I couldn't be prouder to race in @TeamSky colours under our incredible boss.

adjective

Boy done good ;)
:lol:

Sky's biggest mistake is they made it too *** obvious.
They went full genius from the vuelta 2011 on.

Never go full genius.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

sniper said:
Electress said:
Benotti69 said:

adjective

Boy done good ;)

Sky's biggest mistake is they made it too **** obvious.

Never go full genius.
All good actors know - "never go full genius".

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

Semper Fidelis said:
Beech Mtn said:
Perhaps Sky can merge with Vaughters' team :D
This is a great Idea. Maybe Bobby J. and Lance A. can be the DS and Assistant DS.

On a more pointed part. Where is Greg, Betsy, and the rest of the gang stand on all this. USA cycling fans would like to know. So far all I hear are Parakeets.

Well, Wiggo made his transformation on Garmin anyhow. Plus JV clearly has more of an "in" with anti-doping than Sir Uncle Fester does. None of JV's teams would've ever gotten this deep into the ***. Better PR. Knows how to work the system. Make Sky Great Again! Absorb them into team JV!

Re: Sky

eq1b39.jpg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sky

Dan2016 said:
thehog said:

:lol: :lol:

Bjarne: Yes I was Mr 60%
Dave: Well I am Mr 100%
Bjarne: Says who?
Dave: My Riders
Bjarne: How so?
Dave: They are all tweeting that they are 100% behind me
Bjarne: Blimey so they are, you must have them on one hell of a program Dave
Dave: I am the man oh yeah the Mr 100% of pro cycling, laters Bjarne.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Semper Fidelis said:
sniper said:
Electress said:
Benotti69 said:

adjective

Boy done good ;)

Sky's biggest mistake is they made it too **** obvious.

Never go full genius.
All good actors know - "never go full genius".

didnt hurt Trump, then again, not exactly Stanislavski

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Electress said:
BYOP88 said:
Sky riders busy tweeting their support of Brailsford.

Is this in the same way that the Prime Minister usually states 'I have full confidence in Whathisname'. Then you know he / she / it has a matter of days.

Can't help but wonder what they'll need to assure his silence though. I anticipate a senior role in UK sport at some point.

never believe something until it is officially denied.

Read the cycling news article which was posted up today at around 4.30pm where an 'unnamed sky rider' spoke to the press and then shortly afterwards a flood of tweets arrived pledging support for the boss. I think it's just Brailsfords way of trying to discover who the judas is.

Re:

ontheroad said:
Read the cycling news article which was posted up today at around 4.30pm where an 'unnamed sky rider' spoke to the press and then shortly afterwards a flood of tweets arrived pledging support for the boss. I think it's just Brailsfords way of trying to discover who the judas is.
Let's help him out. As of thirty to midnight, CET:

Tweeted: Thomas, Van Poppel, Viviani, Rowe, Moscon, Kwiato, Kennaugh, Golas; Poels, Rosa, Dibben, TGH, Nieve, Doull & Puccio

Silent: Knees, Froome, Lopez, Landa, Intxausti, Henao & Henao

Haven't tweeted in ages: Deignan; Stannard; Kiri, Wisniowski

I'd think it would be someone in that first bucket, just so as not to be obvious. Thoughts?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

carton said:
ontheroad said:
Let's help him out. As of thirty to midnight, CET:

Tweeted: Thomas, Van Poppel, Viviani, Rowe, Moscon, Kwiato, Kennaugh, Golas; Poels, Rosa, Dibben, TGH, Nieve, Doull & Puccio

Silent: Knees, Froome, Lopez, Landa, Intxausti, Henao & Henao

Haven't tweeted in ages: Deignan; Stannard; Kiri, Wisniowski

I'd think it would be someone in that first bucket, just so as not to be obvious. Thoughts?
michelle is the brains behind chris right?

blackcat said:
michelle is the brains behind chris right?
You think? I think "Chris" is savvier than he lets on. A little whipped, seemingly, but (appearances can be deceiving and) then again spend your life killing yourself on a bike and I don't think you have that much energy left over to fight with the missus. YMMV.

Anyway, forgot to put Bos on the silent camp.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Pantani_lives said:
I think it's Froome. Last year they asked him whether he still supported Brailsford and he declined to answer.

FreddytheFrog just linked to the DailyMail article which pointed to Froome not yet offering up support

they will turn on themselves.

<popcorn gif>

blackcat said:
Pantani_lives said:
I think it's Froome. Last year they asked him whether he still supported Brailsford and he declined to answer.

FreddytheFrog just linked to the DailyMail article which pointed to Froome not yet offering up support

they will turn on themselves.

<popcorn gif>

Dawg is upset because he had to buy his own drugs and program in 2012 at top dollar in Monaco. Whereas Wiggins got the government tax-payer funded special deal on his gear.

I'm liking the Dawg now.

He's becoming a bit of a patron; and there's a touch of the Indurains about him. Keeps it polite, diplomatic....but that belies a ruthless edge. DB is in the way of a 4th Tour - he must be taken down early (now).

Initially I hated Sky because of Froome's rise - but now the play between them is intriguing; he seems more like the outsider who has played his hand to perfection.

In all of this, there's nothing on Froome! It's brilliant, and one must say, chapeu.

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I tend to agree it's Froome; we know he's not too keen on Brailsford in the first place, and it could be his (slim) chance of getting out of this debacle if it turns out it's him continuing his call for cleaner cycling (...) or at least that's what I think he thinks or Michelle thinks or whadevadefuzz...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Hegelian said:
I'm liking the Dawg now.

He's becoming a bit of a patron; and there's a touch of the Indurains about him. Keeps it polite, diplomatic....but that belies a ruthless edge. DB is in the way of a 4th Tour - he must be taken down early (now).

Initially I hated Sky because of Froome's rise - but now the play between them is intriguing; he seems more like the outsider who has played his hand to perfection.

In all of this, there's nothing on Froome! It's brilliant, and one must say, chapeu.

you reckon Wiggins wont leak like a sieve against him. 2013 Ventoux? A rider using a motor. He better hope Wigans has no suspicion Froome used it in Wigans 2012 year.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Sorped said:
I tend to agree it's Froome; we know he's not too keen on Brailsford in the first place, and it could be his (slim) chance of getting out of this debacle if it turns out it's him continuing his call for cleaner cycling (...) or at least that's what I think he thinks or Michelle thinks or whadevadefuzz...

keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

An expedient sacrifice of Brailsford, you can bet that the leaks on Froome will start immediately. If Brailsford and Wigans have their assets and payout secure, will they not start whispering campaigns against Froome. You know Lance would do that. So, why are Brailsford and Wigans above being Froome's greatest enemies. This is the calculation Michelle and Dawg need to make. And it is like Nash' Game Theory, not easily formulate, prisoner dilemma. Would Brailsford mitigate damage to Wigans. And mitigate damage Wigans may do if he goes nuclear. What happens if both get scapegoated and go nuclear and attempt to bring Froome too. Would Wigans be less dangerous if Brailsford takes the fall too. Froome must be pretty nervous.

TRENDING THREADS