• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1521 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

dlwssonic said:
I knew this was coming, Sky ******** their pants with all the scandals coming out.

Hilarious to watch the mindless sky bots try to find excuses.

Don't worry that check will clear in time for July.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

BYOP88 said:
dlwssonic said:
I knew this was coming, Sky ******** their pants with all the scandals coming out.

Hilarious to watch the mindless sky bots try to find excuses.

Don't worry that check will clear in time for July.

Not quite sure how Sky's victories at Paris-Nice, Milan San Remo, Tour of Alps, Strade Bianche, not to mention being up there in several other races like LBL, fits in with your theory.

Yes, Froome didn't do anything much at TdR, but somewhat ironically he's come out of the Sky scandals fairly unscathed compared to Wiggins. Ironic because (in my view anyway) his career has been far more 'unusual'.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

thehog said:
Dan2016 said:
veganrob said:
yaco said:
You need hard evidence for a NADO to charge and then successfully prosecute a non AAF at an Anti-Doping Tribunal - That means corroborated evidence, clear paper trails, person admitting guilt etc - I am very consistent in my posting across a number of threads in this part of the forum.
Are you saying you work for a NADO? Because it just sounds like you are a Sky fan.

Funny how we all read things differently on forums isn't it. I've seen the last couple of pages and it just looked to me like someone stating the obvious...that is, under the present anti-doping framework there isn't enough evidence to prosecute anyone at Sky. That seems obvious to me, but maybe it's not. On what grounds within the current framework could they be prosecuted? Are they not currently protected by their TUE's and convenient lies?

Seems to me significantly more evidence is needed.

(and don't label me a Sky fan...Jaysus, god forbid...I hates 'em I do, I say yes I do I hates 'em I do)

Well this is not true, there was a lot of evidence but it was concealed and likely destroyed, which in itself is a sancable offense. You only need to see how Brailsford attempted to sway Lawton with false information and then offered up information about a rival team (which clearly he hadn't taken to the UCI) as fodder to not print Sky's illegal use Kenalog.

Add in the unaccounted vials of Kenalog, the private use of the drug on staff members, the testosterone delivery and you have a very good case to sanction Wiggins.

Hog, is it possible you're conflating criminal power to proceed on evidence like this and anti-doping powers to proceed? That's not rhetorical - I'm a million miles from an expert on the legalities. It seems to me that Sky's doping is blatantly obvious - with the details you mention (amongst others) - but they have been successful in protecting themselves. Everything has a (dubious) explanation: TUE's covering Wigans, dog ate my laptop, testo delivery was a mistake, kenalog by staff isn't doping by riders, and so on. Is there precedent for sanction on these grounds?

I woulda thought the strongest angle for sanction would be proving the TUE's weren't legit?

Catwhoorg said:
BYOP88 said:
So Moscon going to Manchester. I guess that saves Cope having to head to the mainland any time soon.

6 week team suspension and formal warning to future conduct.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/gianni-moscon

Off to Tiede for 6 weeks, I'm sure that was in his program anyway after riding the classics and Romandie. He was planning to ride the Vuelta so the 6 week training break fits perfectly.

It's a JV-good-Garmin-6 month off season-styled ban after they rode the Tour. Weak sauce from Sky.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Diversity training is instruction aimed at helping participants to gain cultural awareness in order to benefit the organization or company. Diversity training is the reality that is facing many human resource management teams – one of the pressing reasons is the growing ethnic and racial diversity in the workplace.

Sky, the joke that keeps everyone laughing and smiling.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mikkel Condé v2.0‏ @mrconde

Racist comments have no place in this sport - or anywhere else. Six weeks ban to a rider who was already bound for a race break - neither...

https://twitter.com/mrconde/status/859135983123562496

So no punishment. Wonder will anyone bother to follow up whether he actually attends 'discrimination awareness'...

John Mabbitt‏ @dr_m_inthenorth

Replying to @mrconde
Is it not a bit odd that Team Sky went through the internal process *before* the UCI process?

Sky judge and jury for their own riders.........

May 26, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
Benotti69 said:
Catwhoorg said:
BYOP88 said:
So Moscon going to Manchester. I guess that saves Cope having to head to the mainland any time soon.

6 week team suspension and formal warning to future conduct.

https://www.teamsky.com/article/gianni-moscon

Weak response from Sky. A sacking was the minimum. Racism is not acceptable at any level.

I dont remember if people asked CCC and Orica to sack Samoilau and Albasini

Why not post about it in the right threads rather than trying to derail this one?

Re:

rick james said:
Strong response from Sky, they done the right thing
In the PRR section it was pointed out that Moscon's next race was to be in 7 weeks. So this "suspension" is nothing of substance, and once again there is a difference between doing the right thing and being seen to do the right thing. And once again Sky chooses the latter. Nothing new here.

Oh, and definitely, sack Samoilau and Albasini for their actions. But do not derail this thread. It is about Sky.

Re:

ebandit said:
..........no punishment? will moscon be paid during suspension....i doubt it

..........+ formal warning could impact upon future conduct...........later contract

Mark L

Of course he will be paid, the stamenment from Sky read that it was a "suspension from racing", rather than suspension without pay.

I really wish you'd read rather than guess and make moronic comments without being informed.

ebandit said:
ebandit said:
..........no punishment?

............and now forever.......................moscon may visit places such as this to hear

from those morally superior to him.................

Mark L

Are you suggesting wanting to stamp out racism is acting in morally superior? Well, no. It's completely normal to wish and exspect equality. Nothing to do with superiority.

meat puppet said:
rick james said:
In the PRR section it was pointed out that Moscon's next race was to be in 7 weeks. So this "suspension" is nothing of substance, and once again there is a difference between doing the right thing and being seen to do the right thing. And once again Sky chooses the latter. Nothing new here.

Oh, and definitely, sack Samoilau and Albasini for their actions. But do not derail this thread. It is about Sky.

So effectively the ban is just a token gesture? If he is suspended for 6 weeks but is not racing again for 7 then it's not a suspension at all.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

meat puppet said:
rick james said:

Meat puppet nailed it.

Biggest thing Kimmage got from his interview with Brailsford (circa 2010) was that he would talk the talk, but not willing to walk the walk.

TRENDING THREADS