Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1522 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

meat puppet said:
rick james said:
Strong response from Sky, they done the right thing
In the PRR section it was pointed out that Moscon's next race was to be in 7 weeks. So this "suspension" is nothing of substance, and once again there is a difference between doing the right thing and being seen to do the right thing. And once again Sky chooses the latter. Nothing new here.

Oh, and definitely, sack Samoilau and Albasini for their actions. But do not derail this thread. It is about Sky.
So effectively the ban is just a token gesture? If he is suspended for 6 weeks but is not racing again for 7 then it's not a suspension at all.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re: Re:

meat puppet said:
rick james said:
Strong response from Sky, they done the right thing
In the PRR section it was pointed out that Moscon's next race was to be in 7 weeks. So this "suspension" is nothing of substance, and once again there is a difference between doing the right thing and being seen to do the right thing. And once again Sky chooses the latter. Nothing new here.

Oh, and definitely, sack Samoilau and Albasini for their actions. But do not derail this thread. It is about Sky.
Meat puppet nailed it.

Biggest thing Kimmage got from his interview with Brailsford (circa 2010) was that he would talk the talk, but not willing to walk the walk.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re:

ontheroad said:
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/diego-rosa-another-level-team-sky-compared-astana-328091

Diego Rosa reckons that sky are operating at a different level to Astana. Are we about to see a performance improvement from Rosa in the Giro then, Logically you would think so.
Every rider says this when they move to a new team.

Dan Martin waxed lyrically about how he feels better on his new team.........

Anyway it is cycling weekly :rolleyes:
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
ontheroad said:
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/diego-rosa-another-level-team-sky-compared-astana-328091

Diego Rosa reckons that sky are operating at a different level to Astana. Are we about to see a performance improvement from Rosa in the Giro then, Logically you would think so.
Every rider says this when they move to a new team.

Dan Martin waxed lyrically about how he feels better on his new team.........

Anyway it is cycling weekly :rolleyes:
If only these other pro teams that spend millions of euro's a year on sponsoring a team thought of the small details and let their riders just focus on riding their bikes.
 
Moscon can't be paid according to UCI rules if they suspend him after the race jury decides the punishment length. While Sky's punishment in terms of missing races might be seen as more appropriate now with Sky's internal formal disciplinary, it's UCI's ban that really matters. Like Grivko, the time of the offence, is not the time your ban starts. Grivko broke 12.1.005 in Feb, his ban started 1st May. UCI could issue anything upto a 6 month ban still. I doubt they can issue more than 6 weeks considering precedent has been set for 12.1.005 with a 6 weeks ban and a fine for Grivko very recently. Of course Moscon's violation is verbal racial abuse after a race, Grivko's physical abuse within the race is not directly comparable, but I would assume a 6 week UCI ban and similar fine for Moscon starting whenever the race jury issues the suspension. It won't be backdated or forward dated.
 
Re:

samhocking said:
Moscon can't be paid according to UCI rules if they suspend him after the race jury decides the punishment length. While Sky's punishment in terms of missing races might be seen as more appropriate now with Sky's internal formal disciplinary, it's UCI's ban that really matters. Like Grivko, the time of the offence, is not the time your ban starts. Grivko broke 12.1.005 in Feb, his ban started 1st May. UCI could issue anything upto a 6 month ban still. I doubt they can issue more than 6 weeks considering precedent has been set for 12.1.005 with a 6 weeks ban and a fine for Grivko very recently. Of course Moscon's violation is verbal racial abuse after a race, Grivko's physical abuse within the race is not directly comparable, but I would assume a 6 week UCI ban and similar fine for Moscon starting whenever the race jury issues the suspension. It won't be backdated or forward dated.
Naturally the UCI have done nothing since stating they would investigate.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
"British Cycling overhauls medical services after independent review"

So the Sky way is not the right way? Surprise surprise......
 
A fairly incredible first 10 minutes of coverage of the TDF by the UK's ITV where the great Imlach and his colleagues Boardman and Dave Millar absolutely speared Sky. Making it clear that whilst technically they may not have breached rules, their entire conduct stank to high heavens both before and after the Wiggins TUE revelations broke. A very brave move by a broadcaster to question the credibility of leading performers at the outset of three weeks of wall to wall coverage.

I'd expect nothing less from the outstanding Imlach but I'm still amazed that the broadcasters let them do it. I can see there being very real consequences for Brailsford and Sky from such impartial coverage.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re:

Fergoose said:
A fairly incredible first 10 minutes of coverage of the TDF by the UK's ITV where the great Imlach and his colleagues Boardman and Dave Millar absolutely speared Sky. Making it clear that whilst technically they may not have breached rules, their entire conduct stank to high heavens both before and after the Wiggins TUE revelations broke. A very brave move by a broadcaster to question the credibility of leading performers at the outset of three weeks of wall to wall coverage.

I'd expect nothing less from the outstanding Imlach but I'm still amazed that the broadcasters let them do it. I can see there being very real consequences for Brailsford and Sky from such impartial coverage.
Inside knowledge that the end is near and putting the boot in now takes no courage. Like kicking a man when he is down and out.

They are 5 years too late.
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
Re:

portugal11 said:
All sky riders are killing this time trial... Team tue's is delivering again
Yep. Looks like we're going for the 'low key season then nuke the TdF' coz the cat's out of the bag and we've got away with it option.

I'm cheering for karma this TdF, frankly.
 
Mar 9, 2012
1,027
0
0
Only question will be if spectators finally punch them off their motor bikes. How dumb are they, cheating that obvious on the first day.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY