• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1522 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ontheroad said:
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/diego-rosa-another-level-team-sky-compared-astana-328091

Diego Rosa reckons that sky are operating at a different level to Astana. Are we about to see a performance improvement from Rosa in the Giro then, Logically you would think so.

Every rider says this when they move to a new team.

Dan Martin waxed lyrically about how he feels better on his new team.........

Anyway it is cycling weekly :rolleyes:

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
ontheroad said:
http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/diego-rosa-another-level-team-sky-compared-astana-328091

Diego Rosa reckons that sky are operating at a different level to Astana. Are we about to see a performance improvement from Rosa in the Giro then, Logically you would think so.

Every rider says this when they move to a new team.

Dan Martin waxed lyrically about how he feels better on his new team.........

Anyway it is cycling weekly :rolleyes:

If only these other pro teams that spend millions of euro's a year on sponsoring a team thought of the small details and let their riders just focus on riding their bikes.

Moscon can't be paid according to UCI rules if they suspend him after the race jury decides the punishment length. While Sky's punishment in terms of missing races might be seen as more appropriate now with Sky's internal formal disciplinary, it's UCI's ban that really matters. Like Grivko, the time of the offence, is not the time your ban starts. Grivko broke 12.1.005 in Feb, his ban started 1st May. UCI could issue anything upto a 6 month ban still. I doubt they can issue more than 6 weeks considering precedent has been set for 12.1.005 with a 6 weeks ban and a fine for Grivko very recently. Of course Moscon's violation is verbal racial abuse after a race, Grivko's physical abuse within the race is not directly comparable, but I would assume a 6 week UCI ban and similar fine for Moscon starting whenever the race jury issues the suspension. It won't be backdated or forward dated.

Re:

samhocking said:
Moscon can't be paid according to UCI rules if they suspend him after the race jury decides the punishment length. While Sky's punishment in terms of missing races might be seen as more appropriate now with Sky's internal formal disciplinary, it's UCI's ban that really matters. Like Grivko, the time of the offence, is not the time your ban starts. Grivko broke 12.1.005 in Feb, his ban started 1st May. UCI could issue anything upto a 6 month ban still. I doubt they can issue more than 6 weeks considering precedent has been set for 12.1.005 with a 6 weeks ban and a fine for Grivko very recently. Of course Moscon's violation is verbal racial abuse after a race, Grivko's physical abuse within the race is not directly comparable, but I would assume a 6 week UCI ban and similar fine for Moscon starting whenever the race jury issues the suspension. It won't be backdated or forward dated.

Naturally the UCI have done nothing since stating they would investigate.

A fairly incredible first 10 minutes of coverage of the TDF by the UK's ITV where the great Imlach and his colleagues Boardman and Dave Millar absolutely speared Sky. Making it clear that whilst technically they may not have breached rules, their entire conduct stank to high heavens both before and after the Wiggins TUE revelations broke. A very brave move by a broadcaster to question the credibility of leading performers at the outset of three weeks of wall to wall coverage.

I'd expect nothing less from the outstanding Imlach but I'm still amazed that the broadcasters let them do it. I can see there being very real consequences for Brailsford and Sky from such impartial coverage.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Fergoose said:
A fairly incredible first 10 minutes of coverage of the TDF by the UK's ITV where the great Imlach and his colleagues Boardman and Dave Millar absolutely speared Sky. Making it clear that whilst technically they may not have breached rules, their entire conduct stank to high heavens both before and after the Wiggins TUE revelations broke. A very brave move by a broadcaster to question the credibility of leading performers at the outset of three weeks of wall to wall coverage.

I'd expect nothing less from the outstanding Imlach but I'm still amazed that the broadcasters let them do it. I can see there being very real consequences for Brailsford and Sky from such impartial coverage.

Inside knowledge that the end is near and putting the boot in now takes no courage. Like kicking a man when he is down and out.

They are 5 years too late.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Not Clean.

Crap all year, all of the team except Kwiatkowski and Kirienka.

Turns up to Dusseldorf and their Dauphine complete and utter lack of form team wise relative to 2016; it is just too much to take.

Seriously Team Sky? Did you have to go to the absurd. Porte is the gauge.

Dauphine destroyed your whole team alone.

4 riders on their squad put 35-40 seconds into him today! 40 seconds.

It's the fact the team as a whole has sucked all year long and now boom! We've got the form.

Not clean. Looks beyond dirty.

Either be on form all year, or drop the charade. Didn't believe it with Armstrong, so not buying this.

You guys had better go back to sucking as a team asap!! Your number is up...

Frightening dominance, Thomas beating Tony Martin in what was Martins speciality and seasons goal is freakish in itself but to do it after coming back from a bad injury in the Giro.....that takes some doing. Froome took time out of all his GC rivals so the sky train will be getting oiled in readiness for riding tempo riding 450w up mountains again.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ontheroad said:
Frightening dominance, Thomas beating Tony Martin in what was Martins speciality and seasons goal is freakish in itself but to do it after coming back from a bad injury in the Giro.....that takes some doing. Froome took time out of all his GC rivals so the sky train will be getting oiled in readiness for riding tempo riding 450w up mountains again.

Yep unless more bad weather and crashes cause upsets it is going to be a boring 3 weeks to watch this Tour.

I can't imagine ASO are pleased either. Too obvious.

TRENDING THREADS