• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1528 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
portugal11 said:
This thread will explode in less than 24 hours... can't wait to see a group of 15 riders with 6 skys...

Who can forget 2013 when Sky broke the forum on Ax3. Dawg and Porte smashing it beyond limits if all credibility. Forum was down for a few days after that. Maybe a repeat?
Not Ax3 because tomorrow's stage doesn't have a MTF... but I expect sky to destroy everyone

Re:

Benotti69 said:
Blacklists by TeamSky, straight out of the Bruyneel manual.

Sky are not bothered trying to hide it anymore.

This. I suspect SDB knows that he won't survive the UKAD and Parliamentary Committee reports (which I believe are due out in autumn?). There's no fig leaf left and he doesn't care anymore. I only hope he doesn't get to walk away without his reputation in utter tatters.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Electress said:
Benotti69 said:
Blacklists by TeamSky, straight out of the Bruyneel manual.

Sky are not bothered trying to hide it anymore.

This. I suspect SDB knows that he won't survive the UKAD and Parliamentary Committee reports (which I believe are due out in autumn?). There's no fig leaf left and he doesn't care anymore. I only hope he doesn't get to walk away without his reputation in utter tatters.

His reputation will be in tatters re the British press, but no doubt China, Russia, USA and many others will want his services.

If he got a lifetime ban that would be something. His ego would undoubtly be hurt by that. But Brailsford will probably get some other rich guy backing him soon enough.

You know i think Brailsford saw what JV achieved and took that and tried to copy it without the known dopers(ex USPS) and in year 1 failed. He had a rethink and probably pressurised by Sky to up their game or lose their sponsors he then chose to do a USPS but with the extra JV way of pushing the message up front into peoples faces and talk up the clean thing so loud it drowns out the rest and creates a smoke screen and you know it worked for a while especially after Armstrong fell on his own sword (unintentionally) it paved the road for the sport to point at 'bad Armstrong', 'good rest of sport'. But people are not so gullible anymore those that dont wear the blinkers of nationalism and in the UK there are plenty of gullible people also plenty new to the sport.

But alas as in the Wizard of Oz, the curtain has been pulled back and Sky are the fraud most experienced fans knew them to be.

It was spoken of before the tour had even started that Sky people were very concerned about having to sit in front of journalists from continental Europe and field questions. I think this non appearance at today's press conference will have been decided in advance given the shenanigan's of the last 12 months. It's one thing to answer mundane questions from UK journalists and media a lot of who cosy up to sky, but I think they realise that the line of questioning from non UK journlaists would be a lot tougher. They probably decided it was best to sit it out which mightn't exactly endear themselves to the media but might be the lesser of 2 evils. Two choices, attend and get ripped apart with tough questioning or don't attend and get accused of being cowardly and of going into hiding. Probably a lose lose situation for Team sky.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
In fairness, it wouldn't have made any kind of sense for ASO, UCI or Sky, to just let Froome ride off into the sunset for his 4th TdF win.
Stands to reason that they put their heads together pre-TdF and decided this year needs to be a bit more entertaining.

In Paris Froome can look all exhausted and claim this was his most hard-fought victory of the four.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
In fairness, it wouldn't have made any kind of sense for ASO, UCI or Sky, to just let Froome ride off into the sunset for his 4th TdF win.
Stands to reason that they put their heads together pre-TdF and decided this year needs to be a bit more entertaining.

In Paris Froome can look all exhausted and claim this was his most hard-fought victory of the four.

Uhhh. Are you saying that Sky, the UCI, a couple other team managers got together over a few snifter of Brandy some time in May and Brailsford said "You know what, chums? Let's make this one sporting". Cookson replies with a "Capital idea! We've gone over the script for the first week, so here's what we'll do. Stage 11. Important that. Remember it. Stage 11, Froome slips a gear and gives way to Aru by a few seconds on the last pitch".

Brilliant plan. Bravo...

As with anything in life, there are too many angles, scenarios,and interests involved. Froome puking up a ridiculous loss in the last few meters is effing weird. But there's no data to get us to a coherent analysis. It's just bizarre and I'm sure we can live with that.

John Swanson

Re:

Cycle Chic said:
looks like his motor / battery malfunctioned. Although Landa is getting it in the neck for attacking his leader.

Wrong person "getting it in the neck" :)

DEocSyNXsAEbw7k

The criticism of Landa is completely unfounded. Froome was actually the first person to bring back Aru and it looked liked he was still in the leading group until there were less than 200m remaining. Given the distance and speed there is no advantage to drafting. Landa would've actually been better off going for a placing and reducing bonus seconds on Froome's biggest rivals.

Re:

sniper said:

Please have a read: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-some-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories/

May be helpful.

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, this sounds legit. They threw Sagan out and everybody wanted to boycott the tour because the true showman was gone. Part of me totally thinks this was planned, and we'll see a resurrection soon enough next week

TRENDING THREADS