• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1537 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

El Pistolero said:
deValtos said:
El Pistolero said:
Mediocre rider Poels all of a sudden dropping everyone on Angliru. Lol... Has he even won 10 races in his career? He was decent at QS, but this is 2 levels above that.

You've probably forgotten Poels stats on Angliru/Zoncolan climbs, it dates back well before QS when he was in Vaconsoleil. His climb today was pretty comparable to the one he did in 2011 where he dropped Froome.

Vacansoleil was notorious for its doping abuse. See recent comments made by Dutch cycling doctor. I hope they nail him soon.

My point was that he's not doing it all of a sudden as you suggested, he's been doing it spanning across a lot of teams for a long time.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

deValtos said:
El Pistolero said:
deValtos said:
El Pistolero said:
Mediocre rider Poels all of a sudden dropping everyone on Angliru. Lol... Has he even won 10 races in his career? He was decent at QS, but this is 2 levels above that.

You've probably forgotten Poels stats on Angliru/Zoncolan climbs, it dates back well before QS when he was in Vaconsoleil. His climb today was pretty comparable to the one he did in 2011 where he dropped Froome.

Vacansoleil was notorious for its doping abuse. See recent comments made by Dutch cycling doctor. I hope they nail him soon.

My point was that he's not doing it all of a sudden as you suggested, he's been doing it spanning across a lot of teams for a long time.

He's doing it a lot more at Sky than at his other teams. Like I said, two levels above.

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
deValtos said:
El Pistolero said:
deValtos said:
El Pistolero said:

He's doing it a lot more at Sky than at his other teams. Like I said, two levels above.

A breakout GC performance as a domestique. Sky love this move.

Re:

Breh said:
Fck this team. Moscon 13th on Angliru. 5guys in the top20.

It's a shame Froome rides for them because he seems like a really nice and easygoing guy but this team is beyond ridiculous.
Froome has turned into a ***. Brailsford has rubbed off on him, and recently he's been very annoying.

What a joke today. Absolute farce. Almost Saunier level.

Re: Sky

The thing is, when Cookson goes, someone takes over and the whole circus starts again with a different team.

We need a change in cycling, Sky and especially the Dawg are throttling the enjoyment of it. I only now enjoy the one day races, the week long races the Dawg isnt at and the Giro because the Dawg isnt there, for now.

I only saw the last 5km today as I was out. From what I saw the Dawg seemed to be trying to catch Contador? Is Greed going to be his downfall?

Poels was very good but he's done it before Sky. Same with Nieve. It's Moscon I don't buy. And David López was a bit too good today. Froome goes without saying.

And obviously having everybody at their best at the same time is suspicious in itself, even if "their best" is not inherently suspicious on a case by case basis.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

keeponrollin said:
Blanco said:
Benotti69 said:
Others teams will be hoping that Cookson loses the election and that has a knock on effect on Sky's performances

This. It will be the beginning of the end of Sky. Other teams are pretty pissed by their dominance, I reckon...

Since when has what the Pro Teams thought mattered a *** to the UCI ?

Since the UCI is bought by the highest bidder.

Re:

hrotha said:
Poels was very good but he's done it before Sky. Same with Nieve. It's Moscon I don't buy. And David López was a bit too good today. Froome goes without saying.

And obviously having everybody at their best at the same time is suspicious in itself, even if "their best" is not inherently suspicious on a case by case basis.

Yeah, you can find arguments to defend Poels & Nieve.....but Moscon?? The way he's ridden the whole race has been like a huge neon sign flashing: "We're back to the pro-wrestling era."

UCI should do something about this. They cannot allow the US Postal 2.0.

You just can't allow a team to have 6 riders out 15. It is just stupid and ridiculous. It is not that they buy the best talent. No. Porte was no one before he went to Sky. In fact he was worthless for Contador. Now you have Moscon. WTF. You just cannot allow this guy to outclimb everybody while helping somebody else. UCI, I know Froome is your baby but don't over do it!

Re:

Escarabajo said:
UCI should do something about this. They cannot allow the US Postal 2.0.

You just can allow a team to have 6 riders out 15. It is just stupid and ridiculous. It is not that they buy the best talent. No. Porte was no one before he went to Sky. In fact he was worthless for Contador. Now you have Moscon. WTF. You just cannot allow this guy to outclimb everybody while helping somebody else. UCI, I know Froome is your baby but don't over do it!

Maybe Sunweb will be Sky 2.0?

The way they're going, it won't be long before Sky + Sunweb will make up half the guys up the final climb.

TRENDING THREADS