• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1538 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
http://live.cyclingnews.com/
Live Coverage of Vuelta a Espana - Stage 21
Sky though, have never shown any collective weakness in this race and some of their team even have a Tour de France in their legs. Perhaps their performance has best been personified by Moscon - a rider who made his Grand Tour debut here but found himself with the necessary horsepower to drop Grand Tour contenders, repeatedly. For a rider who came into this race as a Classics man, he has certainly had an astonishing three weeks.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
UCI should do something about this. They cannot allow the US Postal 2.0.

You just can allow a team to have 6 riders out 15. It is just stupid and ridiculous. It is not that they buy the best talent. No. Porte was no one before he went to Sky. In fact he was worthless for Contador. Now you have Moscon. WTF. You just cannot allow this guy to outclimb everybody while helping somebody else. UCI, I know Froome is your baby but don't over do it!

Sky are in talks with Valentino Rossi for next season's Giro. ;)

Re:

Escarabajo said:
UCI should do something about this. They cannot allow the US Postal 2.0.

You just can't allow a team to have 6 riders out 15. It is just stupid and ridiculous. It is not that they buy the best talent. No. Porte was no one before he went to Sky. In fact he was worthless for Contador. Now you have Moscon. WTF. You just cannot allow this guy to outclimb everybody while helping somebody else. UCI, I know Froome is your baby but don't over do it!
Lol

Re:

Breh said:
At what point is he going to challenge for GT's?

He was 5th in Paris Roubaix this year so it seems like a natural transition to drop top climbers now.

Certainly not outside Team Sky. Fluffy pillows and washing hands doesnt exist outside of Team Sky.

So inside Team Sky he might challenge. No wait Chris Froome is there.

So at some point after having entertained people enough into believing suspensions is good for your GT-aspirations whilst the media are avoiding the elephant in the room he will slip into obscurity and people will forget it ever happened.

I rewatched the Angliru stage re: Poels....its quite noticeable how often Poels keeps checking behind him....he's not checking if Froome is with him as he even does it before he takes that corner and its not to see where Zakarin is. Whys he always looking behind himself ?

Is he checking to see when its safe to turn on the motor ?

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sky

Loving the wailing and gnashing of teeth, wonder if there would be this much vitriol if a Spanish, Italian out or French team was winning!?....oh I forgot, that's 'traditional' and it happens with 'panache' apparently so motors in bikes and being doped to the gills is ok on European WT teams...just not Anglo teams.

I'm starting to understand now.

deviant said:
Loving the wailing and gnashing of teeth, wonder if there would be this much vitriol if a Spanish, Italian out or French team was winning!?....oh I forgot, that's 'traditional' and it happens with 'panache' apparently so motors in bikes and being doped to the gills is ok on European WT teams...just not Anglo teams.

Additionally, there are the idiots like myself who do not care much about nationalities at all but detest dominance as well as unicorn stories in general and would prefer GTs to be races instead of processions.

deviant said:

It's easy to forget how much vitriol Alberto Contador received not too long ago. Team Astana was the convenient punching bag in between US Postal and Sky.

Sunweb looks like the next team in line.

deviant said:

You apparently don't understand a thing

deviant said:

no you are wrong, doping is allowed you're just not allowed to say you're clean

Just stumbled across this old piece from BBC. Funny to read.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-18922103

"Bradley Wiggins: 10 reasons for his Tour de France win

[...]

2. Science: Team Sky's sport scientist, Tim Kerrison, spotted that British Tour cyclists were struggling particularly with three challenges - the heat, the altitude and the climbs. So the team trained intensively at altitude, in the heat, and on mountain ascents. A volcano in Tenerife provided all three conditions at once."

Wow. Training in the mountains. Even after five years, the other pro teams have so much to learn.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
deviant said:

no you are wrong, doping is allowed you're just not allowed to say you're clean

When you check out the rest of the threads in the clinic and see how many riders and teams have threads then this comment will make sense. But to post this is an attempt at obfusction at best......

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Those who are accusing the making of anti-British posts, of which there are little if any, most of the recent discussion centres around 3 Sky riders. A Kenyan, an Italian and a Dutch rider.

The 'anti-British' mantra, again.
I always have something for Britain, the people, their culture, the language, modern arts, the football, rugby etc.. How can I be anglophobic even if I wholeheartedly dislike Sky.
Ask me to name 20 active riders I like the most in the peloton, you'll hear Rowe, expand it to 30, I'll mention Stannard, 50 there'll be Swift. And I used to like Thomas too, until he murder an Alpe climb just after winning E3, and I kept finding things that make me stop liking him after that, my fondness of him before is less logical than the dislike. And I find Thomas epitomizing much of what bother a lot of people about Sky, and Moscon - an Italian - take it to the extreme, everything follow a pattern which has nothing to do with nationality, except for one thing: the defense. Every dislike of what Sky have been doing is more logical and easier to rationalize and less nationalistic than the spirited defense of them.

deviant said:

This is a great example when a forumite with agenda confirms his own bias. A narrative entirely made up in your own mind.

You see this forum has a history even before December 2013 or whenever you felt the time was necessary to create an account in order to damage control everything Sky, Froome or "british". If you did take your time to make a trip down memory lane there have been plenty posts and threads in the past where Spanish, Italians (not French!) et al have been under severerly scrutiny. Sometimes it have been with a clearly jingoistic touch and way more ugly then whatever have been written about Sky or "brits".

But times changes and this sport have shown time and time again that the good ol Johny Foreigner or good doper/bad doper-routine is both outdated and massively hypocritical why it has evolved into a broader anti-doping stance regardless nationality. And lets´s face it: until you can show me the next US Postal 3.0 the spotlight will be firmly on Sky.

deviant said:

Perhaps it is because there are not large numbers of fans jumping to their defence or large sections of the media fighting their corner for them that is the reason there are possibly less posts about them. Perhaps it is because more people are willing to accept that "traditional" cycling countries are rife with dope so any accusations are tacitly accepted by many and not argued over.

If you wish to claim anti-Anglo bias you'll have to show that posters are fine with others doping and I honestly don't see that. I just see less people defending them so the conversation is less.

deviant said:

A lot of my British Sky Fan friends are quick to jump onto Astana when they win or when Bertie wins. Thats allowed though isnt it because its not Great Spain, or Great Kazakhstan like good old Great Britan.

TRENDING THREADS