Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1540 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Others teams will be hoping that Cookson loses the election and that has a knock on effect on Sky's performances

Re:

Breh said:
Fck this team. Moscon 13th on Angliru. 5guys in the top20.

It's a shame Froome rides for them because he seems like a really nice and easygoing guy but this team is beyond ridiculous.
Froome has turned into a ***. Brailsford has rubbed off on him, and recently he's been very annoying.

What a joke today. Absolute farce. Almost Saunier level.

Re: Sky

The thing is, when Cookson goes, someone takes over and the whole circus starts again with a different team.

We need a change in cycling, Sky and especially the Dawg are throttling the enjoyment of it. I only now enjoy the one day races, the week long races the Dawg isnt at and the Giro because the Dawg isnt there, for now.

I only saw the last 5km today as I was out. From what I saw the Dawg seemed to be trying to catch Contador? Is Greed going to be his downfall?

Re: Re:

Blanco said:
Benotti69 said:
Others teams will be hoping that Cookson loses the election and that has a knock on effect on Sky's performances
This. It will be the beginning of the end of Sky. Other teams are pretty pissed by their dominance, I reckon...
Since when has what the Pro Teams thought mattered a *** to the UCI ?

Poels was very good but he's done it before Sky. Same with Nieve. It's Moscon I don't buy. And David López was a bit too good today. Froome goes without saying.

And obviously having everybody at their best at the same time is suspicious in itself, even if "their best" is not inherently suspicious on a case by case basis.

May 26, 2010
Re: Re:

keeponrollin said:
Blanco said:
Benotti69 said:
This. It will be the beginning of the end of Sky. Other teams are pretty pissed by their dominance, I reckon...
Since when has what the Pro Teams thought mattered a *** to the UCI ?
Since the UCI is bought by the highest bidder.

Re:

hrotha said:
Poels was very good but he's done it before Sky. Same with Nieve. It's Moscon I don't buy. And David López was a bit too good today. Froome goes without saying.

And obviously having everybody at their best at the same time is suspicious in itself, even if "their best" is not inherently suspicious on a case by case basis.
Yeah, you can find arguments to defend Poels & Nieve.....but Moscon?? The way he's ridden the whole race has been like a huge neon sign flashing: "We're back to the pro-wrestling era."

13th on the Angliru. 5th in Paris-Roubaix.

Only 1guy might have come close and he's called George Hincapie.

I'd rather have USPS and LA bully the TDF than this racist cheater dominate the peloton.

UCI should do something about this. They cannot allow the US Postal 2.0.

You just can't allow a team to have 6 riders out 15. It is just stupid and ridiculous. It is not that they buy the best talent. No. Porte was no one before he went to Sky. In fact he was worthless for Contador. Now you have Moscon. WTF. You just cannot allow this guy to outclimb everybody while helping somebody else. UCI, I know Froome is your baby but don't over do it!

Re:

Escarabajo said:
UCI should do something about this. They cannot allow the US Postal 2.0.

You just can allow a team to have 6 riders out 15. It is just stupid and ridiculous. It is not that they buy the best talent. No. Porte was no one before he went to Sky. In fact he was worthless for Contador. Now you have Moscon. WTF. You just cannot allow this guy to outclimb everybody while helping somebody else. UCI, I know Froome is your baby but don't over do it!
Maybe Sunweb will be Sky 2.0?

The way they're going, it won't be long before Sky + Sunweb will make up half the guys up the final climb.

http://live.cyclingnews.com/
Live Coverage of Vuelta a Espana - Stage 21
Sky though, have never shown any collective weakness in this race and some of their team even have a Tour de France in their legs. Perhaps their performance has best been personified by Moscon - a rider who made his Grand Tour debut here but found himself with the necessary horsepower to drop Grand Tour contenders, repeatedly. For a rider who came into this race as a Classics man, he has certainly had an astonishing three weeks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS