• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1555 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Floyd says the Dawg's failed test will be the end of Team Sky - and much more...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/16/chris-froome-end-of-team-sky-floyd-landis-cycling

' “There is evidence that salbutamol can be performance enhancing if it’s used orally or intramuscularly,” said Landis. “It’s very difficult to get to the level that Chris Froome showed by using an inhaler. If that will form his excuse I think it’s nonsense and I don’t think many buy it. He’s trying to defend himself because he has everything to lose. I feel sympathy for him but if he doesn’t face it now he will have to later.”

Landis does not conceal his amusement. “Sometimes random or coincidental things happen but I’ve got to be honest,” he laughed, “I find it very very hard to believe that a package of testosterone was accidentally mailed to a velodrome. We can take from what Shane has said they were at least pushing the limit with certain things and now with Froome’s failed test,” he added, “if you take all those things together, there’s no defending that team. Any reasonable person would have more questions. “There’s no belief in that ‘zero tolerance’ system any more; that was never a real thing it was just great PR about marginal gains and all these cute little sayings they thought up.”

“When you have someone that high profile who suffers a ban it usually means the whole thing implodes,” said Landis, “If I was on the board of directors or an executive at Sky or any of the companies who sponsor them I would be long gone. At some point they have to make a decision that looks ethical.” '

And Floyd's kicker on WADA and whether him and Lance being busted changed anything:

' “Wada is designed to protect the Olympic committee,” he added, “they’re not designed to catch people using PED’s and here we are again. It’s been 11 years but the one thing that bothers me is I went through all that and accomplished nothing. I think Lance feels the same way and he has a right to. If you’re going to take us out and say “these guys are the bad guys,” you can’t just sit back on your hands and let things return to exactly the way it was.” '

Re: Sky

thehog said:
A series of photos appeared albeit briefly on Twitter of BC U23 cyclists at a base in Italy. Photos include picking up deliveries of tramadol (pictured),Ventolin, getting wasted mixing wine with the controlled substance, painting a cats paws with liquid paper and smashing up the villa. Impressive work. Start them young the zero tolerance Sky way :cool:

2r45x1u.jpg

do any of the riders or the team have any relation to Team Sky? why is that posted in the Sky thread?

Re:

Wiggo's Package said:
Floyd says the Dawg's failed test will be the end of Team Sky - and much more...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jan/16/chris-froome-end-of-team-sky-floyd-landis-cycling

' “There is evidence that salbutamol can be performance enhancing if it’s used orally or intramuscularly,” said Landis. “It’s very difficult to get to the level that Chris Froome showed by using an inhaler. If that will form his excuse I think it’s nonsense and I don’t think many buy it. He’s trying to defend himself because he has everything to lose. I feel sympathy for him but if he doesn’t face it now he will have to later.”

Landis does not conceal his amusement. “Sometimes random or coincidental things happen but I’ve got to be honest,” he laughed, “I find it very very hard to believe that a package of testosterone was accidentally mailed to a velodrome. We can take from what Shane has said they were at least pushing the limit with certain things and now with Froome’s failed test,” he added, “if you take all those things together, there’s no defending that team. Any reasonable person would have more questions. “There’s no belief in that ‘zero tolerance’ system any more; that was never a real thing it was just great PR about marginal gains and all these cute little sayings they thought up.”

“When you have someone that high profile who suffers a ban it usually means the whole thing implodes,” said Landis, “If I was on the board of directors or an executive at Sky or any of the companies who sponsor them I would be long gone. At some point they have to make a decision that looks ethical.” '

And Floyd's kicker on WADA and whether him and Lance being busted changed anything:

' “Wada is designed to protect the Olympic committee,” he added, “they’re not designed to catch people using PED’s and here we are again. It’s been 11 years but the one thing that bothers me is I went through all that and accomplished nothing. I think Lance feels the same way and he has a right to. If you’re going to take us out and say “these guys are the bad guys,” you can’t just sit back on your hands and let things return to exactly the way it was.” '

Good read that thanks.

Re: Re:

MartinGT said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Good read that thanks.

It was very good article, agreed.

And to think with the mismanaged and “chaotic” medical stores, BC/Sky were able to detect when a errant box of testosterone patches was delivered and made sure it was sent back to the supplier :cool:

Re: Sky

thehog said:
A series of photos appeared albeit briefly on Twitter of BC U23 cyclists at a base in Italy. Photos include picking up deliveries of tramadol (pictured),Ventolin, getting wasted mixing wine with the controlled substance, painting a cats paws with liquid paper and smashing up the villa. Impressive work. Start them young the zero tolerance Sky way :cool:

2r45x1u.jpg

Spirit Tifosi Racing Team and Bloodwise Racing riders preparing in Mallorca, not in Italy. none of those 2 teams are linked with Sky.
James McKay deleted the pics he made up.

thehog said:
pastronef said:
hfer07 said:
SKY at it again winning in almost all fronts - Poels in Andalucia & Kwait in Portugal with G taking the GC....

2018 wins as of today

Quick-Step 10 wins
Mitchelton-Scott 8 wins
Trek-Segafredo 6 wins
Ag2r 5 wins
Sky 5 wins

Lol! The first races of the year are mostly flat. Let’s take this stat in 4 weeks time.

the post is saying Sky winning in all fronts. so I posted the wins, not foreseen the future wins.

Quick-Step will be ahead anyway, as always.
they have a nice average:
Quick-Step won stages in Colombia and Dubai (GC included) for 5 days straight on February 6-7-8-9-10. two wins in one day on Feb 7th.

thehog said:
pastronef said:
hfer07 said:
SKY at it again winning in almost all fronts - Poels in Andalucia & Kwait in Portugal with G taking the GC....

2018 wins as of today

Quick-Step 10 wins
Mitchelton-Scott 8 wins
Trek-Segafredo 6 wins
Ag2r 5 wins
Sky 5 wins

Lol! The first races of the year are mostly flat. Let’s take this stat in 4 weeks time.
Let’s deal with the lies that was posted about first then we can trying talk about your time traveling ablitlies

Re:

hfer07 said:

Cyclists from team assembled at great expense specifically to dominate Grand Tours have some success in early season stage races.

In tomorrow's edition of sensationalising the bleeding obvious, we'll look at the curious case of bears spotted shitting in the woods

brownbobby said:
hfer07 said:

Cyclists from team assembled at great expense specifically to dominate Grand Tours have some success in early season stage races.

In tomorrow's edition of sensationalising the bleeding obvious, we'll look at the curious case of bears spotted shitting in the woods

Right. No other team spends money to win Grand Tours.

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

red_flanders said:
brownbobby said:
hfer07 said:

Something something marginal gains.

red_flanders said:
brownbobby said:
hfer07 said:

Right. No other team is winning any stages of early season races

brownbobby said:
red_flanders said:
brownbobby said:
hfer07 said:

Good thing Im not making that argument.

pastronef said:
hfer07 said:

2018 wins as of today

Quick-Step 10 wins
Mitchelton-Scott 8 wins
Trek-Segafredo 6 wins
Ag2r 5 wins
Sky 5 wins

Sky has no elite sprinter to inflate their win totals. Their wins are primarily from stage races and the odd classic that Kwiatkowski and/or Poels wins.

red_flanders said:
brownbobby said:
red_flanders said:
brownbobby said:
hfer07 said:

Good thing Im not making that argument.

So which one are you making?

TRENDING THREADS