• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1559 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Who will end up owning Sky?

Murdoch's attempts at a complete take over have been halted ....

Even if they go through, Sky would still end up being owned by Disney ...

But now Comcast has come barrelling in with an audacious attempt to take over Sky ... or is it just a move meant to wind up Murdoch?

Maybe Brailsford is already in talks with the Walmart brats and Louis Vuitton...
I don't think Murdoch cares too much about Sky considering he was using it as a piece for sale to Disney in the break up of FOX. The Comcast bid is higher and Murdoch owns a large shareholding in Sky so imagine he isn't too upset or wound up.

Re: Re:

noddy69 said:
fmk_RoI said:
Who will end up owning Sky?

Murdoch's attempts at a complete take over have been halted ....

Even if they go through, Sky would still end up being owned by Disney ...

But now Comcast has come barrelling in with an audacious attempt to take over Sky ... or is it just a move meant to wind up Murdoch?

Maybe Brailsford is already in talks with the Walmart brats and Louis Vuitton...
I don't think Murdoch cares too much about Sky considering he was using it as a piece for sale to Disney in the break up of FOX. The Comcast bid is higher and Murdoch owns a large shareholding in Sky so imagine he isn't too upset or wound up.
Scenario: US regulators block the sale to Disney. Outcome: Murdoch loses Sky to a rival, on the cheap too.

gillan1969 said:
I think the thinking is that the UCI and Armstrong worked together proactively and the same charge is against sky with the close relationship between sky/BC and cookson being in charge at Bc then the UCI with his son working for sky...arguably different than working re-actively when faced with a positive
The main problem with this is that it would require a large number of non-British/non-North American people to be involved, at little benefit to themselves. Informing in the current climate would likely be much more beneficial. I think any help they get/got is the same as any of the top contenders got at their time.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
So Sky have been caught lying about a PED. The most blatant smoking gun yet. Odd this story isn't getting more traction. Perhaps it's just that no one is even remotely surprised. Sky doping story fatigue setting in big time now

That this has come to light only after the GMC got involved, and after UKAD gave up, shows just how ineffective UKAD is. Watch Brailsfraud throw Peters under the bus. And Peters throw Freeman under the bus. Freeman must be tempted to flip (assuming he hasn't already)

Re:

Wiggo's Package said:
So Sky have been caught lying about a PED. The most blatant smoking gun yet. Odd this story isn't getting more traction. Perhaps it's just that no one is even remotely surprised. Sky doping story fatigue setting in big time now

That this has come to light only after the GMC got involved, and after UKAD gave up, shows just how ineffective UKAD is. Watch Brailsfraud throw Peters under the bus. And Peters throw Freeman under the bus. Freeman must be tempted to flip (assuming he hasn't already)
It's always like that:
you wait standing in the cold for ages
and then three buses come along in a row.
;)
Which bus to toss whom?
Embarrassment of riches?

Re:

Wiggo's Package said:

The Data Protection Act means that unless any riders involved agree to the release of the information whatever Freeman knows is useless to UKAD and WADA as whatever may of gone down is protected by confidentiality.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

MatParker117 said:
Wiggo's Package said:

The Data Protection Act means that unless any riders involved agree to the release of the information whatever Freeman knows is useless to UKAD and WADA as whatever may of gone down is protected by confidentiality.

You're looking down the wrong end of the telescope

If Freeman flips it's more important that he take down Brailsfraud and Sutton than Wiggo and the Dawg (and the latter will fall as a natural consequence of the former falling in any case)

And Freeman knows plenty enough to take down Brailsfraud and Sutton. If it looks like the GMC are going to throw the book at Freeman then what does he have to lose...?

MatParker117 said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Ahhh ... no ... MatParker!!! Why the feck didgya have to do that, now!?! Would suck the fun outa a feckin Ceilidh, I reckon, you would, FFS.

Oh well ... best we know that now ... rather than beatin the piss outa the keyboard all weekend ... with fevered excitement that will come to nowt.

Soldier on, I guess. Soldier on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wiggo's Package said:
[quote="

If Freeman flips it's more important that he take down Brailsfraud and Sutton than Wiggo and the Dawg (and the latter will fall as a natural consequence of the former falling in any case)

And Freeman knows plenty enough to take down Brailsfraud and Sutton. If it looks like the GMC are going to throw the book at Freeman then what does he have to lose...?

GMC can only suspend or permanently remove Freeman from the medical register, i.e. strike him off. He wouldn't be able to practise medicine. However he must be well into his fifties and has been on long-term sick leave for many months. It seems he has very little to lose except reputation. Based on past experience, he probably won't turn up for any hearing or decision!

If the GMC found evidence of criminal behaviour and referred the case to the police, that would be a different story but I don't see evidence of that happening.

wirral said:
Wiggo's Package said:
[quote="

GMC can only suspend or permanently remove Freeman from the medical register, i.e. strike him off. He wouldn't be able to practise medicine. However he must be well into his fifties and has been on long-term sick leave for many months. It seems he has very little to lose except reputation. Based on past experience, he probably won't turn up for any hearing or decision!

If the GMC found evidence of criminal behaviour and referred the case to the police, that would be a different story but I don't see evidence of that happening.

Can the GMC even do that in this case? I don't think they're concerned about anti-doping so what we have is a doctor odering some drugs then sending them back...

Its likely of interest to the public, anti-doping authorities and DCMS inquiry (if it is still running) but after that, what can they do with this? Can the evidence be turned over to these parties. And, if so, does it even show anything actionable from a rule-breaking point of view?!

If true, it doesn't look good at all but I'm not sure I see how it moves things forward much outside of an internet forum.

Wiggo's Package said:
MatParker117 said:
Wiggo's Package said:

One I doubt that the Chinese care given the history over there as for what he has to lose. I imagine that his contract contains a ton of confidentiality and non disclosure clauses and steep penalties attached if he breaks them.

Alpe73 said:
MatParker117 said:
Wiggo's Package said:

Ahhh ... no ... MatParker!!! Why the feck didgya have to do that, now!?! Would suck the fun outa a feckin Ceilidh, I reckon, you would, FFS.

Oh well ... best we know that now ... rather than beatin the piss outa the keyboard all weekend ... with fevered excitement that will come to nowt.

But hold on.

'The Data Protection Act 1998 (c 29) is a United Kingdom Act of Parliament designed to protect personal data stored on computers or in an organised paper filing system.'

I put it to you we have heard sworn evidence that Sky have no organised paper filing system nor is anything relevant stored on computer since the unfortunate theft of a laptop. Therefore the act cannot apply.

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site

MatParker117 said:
Wiggo's Package said:
MatParker117 said:
Wiggo's Package said:

One I doubt that the Chinese care given the history over there as for what he has to lose. I imagine that his contract contains a ton of confidentiality and non disclosure clauses and steep penalties attached if he breaks them.

So you're not denying that Freeman ordered a PED. And neither are you denying that when Walsh got hold of the story Peters covered the tracks with a lie. Brailsfraud's fingerprints all over that move

Instead you're relying on the Data Protection Act. And a Non Disclosure Agreement. Hold the line!

But you're so close to flipping. Just like Freeman. The cracks are showing

Mayo from Mayo said:
Alpe73 said:
MatParker117 said:
Wiggo's Package said:

But hold on.

'The Data Protection Act 1998 (c 29) is a United Kingdom Act of Parliament designed to protect personal data stored on computers or in an organised paper filing system.'

I put it to you we have heard sworn evidence that Sky have no organised paper filing system nor is anything relevant stored on computer since the unfortunate theft of a laptop. Therefore the act cannot apply.

I'm struggling to see how the DPA applies. Its mainly about ensuring accurate data is kept, securely and is not misused.

Re: Sky

Had to share this brilliance from the comments section on the latest Sky kerfuffle.

It's all perfectly reasonable.
And one day I'll come out and tell the full story - but not now.
Let me explain, though.
Only today, I went to my doctor and they had no medical records for me because they keep them all on one single computer.
And my doctor takes that computer on holiday.
Then, it got stolen.
The doctor had forgotten to back-up his files. Not a one-time mistake - he did this over years, despite his vast experience as a doctor.
And no-one in the doctor's organisation ever checked those medical files - not once - so no-one knew that they didn't exist.
But why would anyone – including the other doctors – check my medical files? Or those of any other rider.
Fortunately, the organisation managed to wipe my doctor’s stolen computer remotely – the lord only knows how.
They could do that, but could not extract the data from it – the lord only knows how.
This organisation also got me a prescription from France and flew it to me here in Britain, even though there was a pharmacist down the road where I could buy it over the counter.
I also take a much, much stronger drug - which many people say I shouldn't take. I take this drug very sporadically - only three times in my life. Otherwise, I don't need it.
But I definitely needed it those three times in my life – just before grand tours.
The doctor had a large supply of this drug at his surgery: 55-70 doses.
Far more than he needed for the doses that I was supposed to have taken.
So, I could have been taking those extra doses at different times – legally out of competition, but also I could have taken it in competition because as I had a note saying I was allowed to take the drug and so they'd never know if I took it more than once.
The note I got in 2011 was actually given to me before I even had the medical.
And in 2012, I took my special drug 6 weeks after my medical examination that it was based on.
But then who doesn’t wait a month and a half to take a drug they desperately need?
And I desperately needed it because before I had that medical note I was only able to win a week-long bike races up mountains against the best riders in the world by one minute.
Our riders have been noticeably thin and sickly for a number of years.
And they often perform much better than previously once they join our team.
I wonder how many others are taking my special drug and how often.
Lots of people who have also been involved with this organisation have said that they have been given or offered a few different drugs, which is all legal, so that's fine.
Maybe they were taking these extra doses of the extra strong drug too, which is legal out of competition.
But I've no idea, because we're a very disorganised bunch and we don't keep medical records – despite this being a legal requirement for doctors.
We even got some bad drugs delivered accidentally, either that or we ordered them and then asked the supplier to say we didn't.
My doctor's poorly, so no-one can ask him what's going on.
But the General Medical Council probably will soon.
I think he might be a ‘rogue doctor’.
That might be what the boss decides.
They might have to blame the boss because once they get rid of him everyone will just assume that it’s all fine now and will stop
asking questions like ‘Who were the 55-70 doses of dangerous and performance-enhancing corticosteroids for – which and how many riders take them?’
The boss must be getting forgetful because he said he didn’t know anything about my special drug.
But then he said that he’d taken it himself.
The colleague I don’t like is really good now. He keeps talking about how he doesn’t take drugs and he wants to be tested more.
But then it turns out he has magic kidneys that turn themselves off and on again – how else could he have twice as much salbutamol in his system as he should do?
So, he must be innocent. Which is a shame because he is my enemy.
A lot of the drugs – corticosteroids (out of competition) and tramadol, for instance – are legal. That means they’re ok to take. Even though they have effects like damaging the immune system and causing dizziness (man, those descents in the Giro were difficult).
And then there are those pesky testosterone patches – but that was all just a big whoopsy-mistake, as I say above: they were maybe ordered or maybe not ordered, but no-one used them. God, we do well in the track olympic cycling.
All I know is everything's absolutely fine and people should just trust us.
It’s all good for British cycling – look how many medals we’ve won.
Look at my medals.

Love it.

TRENDING THREADS