• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Jumbo-Visma

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I see you have forgotten the period of cycling from 2012 to 2018.
IMO what we are seeing from Jumbo’s domestiques is every bit as unbelievable as anything we saw from Sky - or USPS.

But I don’t know why this is even being argued after what we saw the 2020 TdF when it became clear that Jumbo is the new Sky?

I also sense an arrogance about them, like Sky and Brailsford. They seem to think they have the TdF - and Pogacar - all worked out in a lab. Maybe they will be proven right but that remains to be seen. Certainly their on paper plan has a few holes already - like UAE almost matching them.

Reactions: pastronef
At least Majka is a former GT podium getter, these are classic riders doing it lol

IMO what we are seeing from Jumbo’s domestiques is every bit as unbelievable as anything we saw from Sky - or USPS.

But I don’t know why this is even being argued after what we saw the 2020 TdF when it became clear that Jumbo is the new Sky?

I also sense an arrogance about them, like Sky and Brailsford. They seem to think they have the TdF - and Pogacar - all worked out in a lab. Maybe they will be proven right but that remains to be seen. Certainly their on paper plan has a few holes already - like UAE almost matching them.
It isn't to say that Jumbo aren't every bit as ridiculous, I just saw calling them the most dominant since USPS was yet another comment appearing to normalise and downplay how dominant Sky were and by proxy suggest them to somehow be more palatable than what we're seeing now. And as noted, Jumbo have failed to use their ridiculous overstrength at times too, like the 2020 Tour in particular. I mean, look at Scarponi's post up there - Sky not only had classics riders doing it, but they actually won the Tour de France and are still getting GT podiums to this day with their equivalent of Christophe Laporte. Wout van Aert is absolutely ludicrous (why do you think I keep calling him 'Barbosa'?) and I baulk at his behaviour every time July rolls around, but he isn't actually contesting the GC yet.

It isn't to say that Jumbo aren't every bit as ridiculous, I just saw calling them the most dominant since USPS was yet another comment appearing to normalise and downplay how dominant Sky were and by proxy suggest them to somehow be more palatable than what we're seeing now. And as noted, Jumbo have failed to use their ridiculous overstrength at times too, like the 2020 Tour in particular. I mean, look at Scarponi's post up there - Sky not only had classics riders doing it, but they actually won the Tour de France and are still getting GT podiums to this day with their equivalent of Christophe Laporte. Wout van Aert is absolutely ludicrous (why do you think I keep calling him 'Barbosa'?) and I baulk at his behaviour every time July rolls around, but he isn't actually contesting the GC yet.
I think Jumbo count on people saying we are trying to normalise Sky - it takes attention away from them.

Anyway glad you see how ridiculous Jumbo are. I’ve decided I prefer Pog’s style no matter what might be going on behind the scenes. Enjoy the show I suppose 🙄

Reactions: pastronef

Yeah sorry for that. I lived the 90ies and the lance years. I could still barely handle it. But wiggins was close to the border (by being 90% the whole year i'm better than my previous 100%, and the eating white rice). And the froome years i was 'aware' of this praying mantis on a bike, which was a mockery of the sport imo (the riding style, on top of the dominance and his history) . So i stopped watching the tour those year. (Only watched some summaries, which was enough to keep not watching it). But that results in less of a 'dominance' perception of the Sky-train for me.

I think Jumbo count on people saying we are trying to normalise Sky - it takes attention away from them.

Anyway glad you see how ridiculous Jumbo are. I’ve decided I prefer Pog’s style no matter what might be going on behind the scenes. Enjoy the show I suppose 🙄
...so you cheer for a guy on a team that is sponsored by a human rights nightmare of a country, who are well funded enough to dope the absolute dog sh!t out of their riders, and admit that they are almost certainly doing so...mmmkay...you do you, I guess.

...so you cheer for a guy on a team that is sponsored by a human rights nightmare of a country, who are well funded enough to dope the absolute dog sh!t out of their riders, and admit that they are almost certainly doing so...mmmkay...you do you, I guess.
I cheer for the rider. And for the record I think Jumbo are doping every bit as close to the limits without getting caught as UAE is. Do you think Jumbo is squeaky clean? WvA? Nobody is. Enjoy the show.

Benoot or Laporte for the transfogmanation!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. 64%