• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

silvergrenade said:
Valv.Piti said:
silvergrenade said:
What benefits would Landa get if he moves to Movistar?
Nothing really. Yes, he will have 100% leadership in the Giro instead of sharing it with Thomas, but thats about it. He will slot into the exact same role at Movistar most likely.
Thanks. :p
But he might have a weaker team than Sky might provide around him...
Again, not really considering Landa is leading the Giro, not the Tour (where Sky most likely would have been stronger). While Sky sends good domestiques to the Giro, they are still very much a Tour-first team and they are hardly better than the ones Movistar send to the Giro.

silvergrenade said:
Valv.Piti said:
silvergrenade said:
Nothing really. Yes, he will have 100% leadership in the Giro instead of sharing it with Thomas, but thats about it. He will slot into the exact same role at Movistar most likely.
He just needs a DS who doesn't stop him when he attacks

ice&fire said:
silvergrenade said:
Valv.Piti said:
silvergrenade said:
He just needs a DS who doesn't stop him when he attacks
This is actually so right. When in form, Landa is special!

Nelson Olivera is riding GC at the moment. Tells all you need to know about Movistar in this race. :D

I expected Betancur to be on a slightly higher level, but he progressed today. Moreno was going good until he crashed, but that might be a blessing in disguise in the end. The more up the road the merrier! Soler was showing very good signs so early on such a climb, I have high hopes for him as always. Carretero is building nicely on his performances from Tour of Switzerland and Vuelta a Burgos (I think) where he climbed well, he actually went really, really well on Rabassa considering he was on the attack all the time. That was a great performance, he will be of much use in the big breaks on the real mountain stages where he can do some good pulling for Moreno or Soler which is the best hope for a stage win considering we must assume Betancur now is the only GC-card on their hands.

The race is only a learning experience for Carapaz, his days will come. He could do well on some of the intermediate days in the last week maybe. Or earlier. Fernandez' legs from Ezaro seems looooooooooog gone. Oliveira should drop wasting energy, fall back and target stages like tomorrow and the day after the tomorrow. Or maybe he is aiming for the jersey?!

After the huge blow that was Betancur abandoning, it was great to see Lil Richie v.2 perform like this today. Soler also looks good to go now. Moreno and Fernandez are both pretty bad, so everything from them is a bonus honestly. Carretero is also very promising, he climbs very well. They have animated the race pretty much each meaningful day, the victory will come at one point. Olivera and Rojas are also pretty strong for a transition stage.

Carretero isn't doing the Vuelta. Are you meaning Carapaz or Pedrero? The former you've already mentioned with the lil'Richie and Pedrero was pretty good today so I assume you mean the latter. If so, he's 25 rather than 22 but he has definitely turned out better as a climber than I had expected, could become a useful mountain helper or stagehunter.

Héctor is promising, but it'll be at least this time next year before Unzué exposes him to a GT.

Hopefully Ruben Fernandez is saving himself for the second part of the race. I saw him on the climb in Cuenca and he looked pretty easy, no point in pushing as other team members were in the break. The stage after the rest day is in his home territory so perhaps that is the stage he is targeting. He was in the group behind Valverde on the climb over the Collado Bermejo in the Tour of Murcia and knows the descent into Alhama de Murcia really well. I just hope that the rain forecast doesn't cause any issues as he does seem to be a bit accident prone.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
After the huge blow that was Betancur abandoning, it was great to see Lil Richie v.2 perform like this today. Soler also looks good to go now. Moreno and Fernandez are both pretty bad, so everything from them is a bonus honestly. Carretero is also very promising, he climbs very well. They have animated the race pretty much each meaningful day, the victory will come at one point. Olivera and Rojas are also pretty strong for a transition stage.

Oh hell no. We are not calling him Lil Richie 2.0.
Porte. Is. Horrid.
No one should be tarred with that kind of awful nickname unless they earn it. :D

TRENDING THREADS