• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Incredible how such a famous and strong team in WT cycling is still reliant on 42yo Valverde for 100% of their Victories so far in 2022

Being a famous team doesn't matter. Their budget just simply isn't as high relatively as it used to be. And a big chunk of it goes to Valverde. Another big chunk to Mas, GC riders are always incredibly expensive. Their team just isn't that strong.

Incredible how such a famous and strong team in WT cycling is still reliant on 42yo Valverde for 100% of their Victories so far in 2022
sAofpdDaNomZPiiREU8cVH-768-80.jpg

(not that 39-year-old van Vleuten is a spring chicken either, mind)

Yeah, without a doubt, their Women's Team is strong. Riders like Noorsgaard, Sierra and Gigante are a very good foundation beyond AvV.
For the men, isn't their budget more mid-level and wasn't that the case even during the Quintana-Valverde years? Anyway, IMHO their team is stronger this year than last. Aranburu, G Izagirre and Sosa each can win a race or two and Barta and Kanter are solid, too.

Yeah, without a doubt, their Women's Team is strong. Riders like Noorsgaard, Sierra and Gigante are a very good foundation beyond AvV.
For the men, isn't their budget more mid-level and wasn't that the case even during the Quintana-Valverde years? Anyway, IMHO their team is stronger this year than last. Aranburu, G Izagirre and Sosa each can win a race or two and Barta and Kanter are solid, too.

We should be careful with Gigante - Through injuries/illness/COVID restrictions she's ridden 21 days as a pro in two years - And as I post this she is still in Australia - Once she can get fit she will have a nice calendar from June.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Damn Norsgaard is a beast. Gotta love it! Her brother is not doing too shabby either, lets see what he has in him in the classics. Not like you gotta be superman to be selected on this team anyways in these races lol

At least a few years ago if you volunteered to race the classics (well the non Ardennes classics) you likely would get a spot for those races. Wouldn't be surprised if it's still mostly that way.

It's because the spot in TA is taken by a time travelling Norsgaard from the past, who is still eligible for the youth classification.

I know. Which just makes the fact that both lineups are listed as finalised even funnier.
It's not even like he got confused with Jorgenson...

It's because the spot in TA is taken by a time travelling Norsgaard from the past, who is still eligible for the youth classification.

Or Emma...
Of course, technically there will be a Norsgaard at TA who's eligible for the youth classification, but I don't think UAE will let him guest-ride for Movistar...

I know. Which just makes the fact that both lineups are listed as finalised even funnier.
It's not even like he got confused with Jorgenson...

Or Emma...
Of course, technically there will be a Norsgaard at TA who's eligible for the youth classification, but I don't think UAE will let him guest-ride for Movistar...

Actually I made a mistake here, cause it actually is a U26 competition in TA, so an MN clone would also have been sufficient.
But I guess it will be the known MN who will be in the race, when he doesn't have to ride PN after all.

Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS