• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Movistar-thread

Page 123 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So, season 3 is out but apparently only on Movistar +. Is that accesible from outside Spain? Does anybody know if the show will be coming to any other streaming platform for an international audience?

It seems from the initial reactions that López' withdrawal from the Vuelta is close to understandable when the inside goings-on of the team from during the race have been shown.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Soon it will be on Netflix. I think next week. But there are a lot of leaks on Youtube. Here there is a little piece from stage 20 from La Vuelta.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJcuVf2zoDc

I know in Colombia people are excited because Miguel Angel Lopez does not look as bad. Well, other that he felt awful after what happened, nothing changes to be honest in relation to him. On the other hand, Movistar once again looks awful. They cannot continue to work like this. They need better workflow to avoid having issues again and again. Having said it sounds interesting about what happened in previous days. Let's watch it better.

So their line-up for the Giro is

Valverde
Sosa
Pedrero
Samitier
Rojas
Arcas
Lazkano
Barta

I hope they'll go for stages with Valverde and Sosa instead of focusing on a Top Ten in the GC. They also have Pedrero and Samitier for the mountain stages and Rojas and Arcas which are solid on every terrain. Kind of surprised that they take Lazkano to a GT, since he's only done one stage race (Catalunya) so far this year.

Reactions: Kaptain Kool
I guess with this selection for the Giro, E. Mas, Erviti, Garcia Cortina, Izagirre, Oliveira and Verona are pretty much confirmed for the Tour. That leaves two open spots.

Does anyone know what their plan for Rubio is? At the beginning of the year I expected that he'll do the Giro again. He was also pretty good in the Tour of the Alps and in Romandie recently. But maybe they want him to ride his first TdF this year.

I guess with this selection for the Giro, E. Mas, Erviti, Garcia Cortina, Izagirre, Oliveira and Verona are pretty much confirmed for the Tour. That leaves two open spots.

Does anyone know what their plan for Rubio is? At the beginning of the year I expected that he'll do the Giro again. He was also pretty good in the Tour of the Alps and in Romandie recently. But maybe they want him to ride his first TdF this year.
I expected to see Einer Rubio at the Giro, but maybe they want to bring him to the Tour as a climbing domestique.
I can understand why they aren't sending Abner Gonzales to the Giro, so far his form has been rather poor.
Are we sure that Valverde isn't riding the Giro for the gc?

Rodriguez’s star has faded a bit over the last few years, but so had Verona when he first signed with Movistar and he’s developed into one of the best mountain doms in the world. Oscar has a quite similar pedigree and I wouldn’t be surprised to see his career rebound similarly. He’ll probably get a spot.

Oliviera and Verona are confirmed. Garcia isn’t confirmed but might as well be. Izaguirre isn’t confirmed but he’s absolutely going. Aranburu is definitely going. That’s one of the stronger core squads out there to support Mas. Erviti is a great support rider on the flats and we’ve got a cobble stage this year. Jorgensen is undoubtedly good enough to ride the Tour, but Movistar like to bring guys around slowly and he’s still 22/23 years old.

Rodriguez’s star has faded a bit over the last few years, but so had Verona when he first signed with Movistar and he’s developed into one of the best mountain doms in the world. Oscar has a quite similar pedigree and I wouldn’t be surprised to see his career rebound similarly. He’ll probably get a spot.

Oliviera and Verona are confirmed. Garcia isn’t confirmed but might as well be. Izaguirre isn’t confirmed but he’s absolutely going. Aranburu is definitely going. That’s one of the stronger core squads out there to support Mas. Erviti is a great support rider on the flats and we’ve got a cobble stage this year. Jorgensen is undoubtedly good enough to ride the Tour, but Movistar like to bring guys around slowly and he’s still 22/23 years old.

They are currently in the Pyrenees to visit some crucial parts of the TdF route. Looks like it's 7 riders, with Mas, Izagirre, Verona, Erviti, Oliveira and Jorgenson confirmed. Not sure who the last one is.

Enric Mas has a new climbing bike, but today, his body was not good, so the bike was useless… I don‘t know what happened to him, why he was so slow today…

Great victory for Verona. He seems to never have won a bike race, before… He looks good on the bike, has a good position.

Today, I was watching with a friend of mine; I told you of him before, in spring… Matey was like, „Ah, Verona, this guy is weak, is not even WT material - he better rode Spanish National Elite non-UCI races. He will never win this Dauphine MTF!“…

Verona however proved him wrong - which I liked a lot! :) ;)

He crashed the other day. Too bad really, I think he would have been a strong podium contender in the Tour.

Ah, ok, thank you :)

Yeah, this explains a lot.

Few years back, there were quite a few TdF GC contenders who lost 15 minutes in Dauphine mountain stages, and that was not a reason to worry.

Nowadays however, the TdF contenders are already good in Dauphine, so I already suspected that Mas‘ time loss was not intended. An injury explains it, of course…

Enric Mas has a new climbing bike, but today, his body was not good, so the bike was useless… I don‘t know what happened to him, why he was so slow today…

Great victory for Verona. He seems to never have won a bike race, before… He looks good on the bike, has a good position.

Today, I was watching with a friend of mine; I told you of him before, in spring… Matey was like, „Ah, Verona, this guy is weak, is not even WT material - he better rode Spanish National Elite non-UCI races. He will never win this Dauphine MTF!“…

Verona however proved him wrong - which I liked a lot! :);)
This person clearly had no idea what they were talking about, or they are one of Koronin's friends who support Real Madrid and think all Spanish cyclists are useless unless they're as successful as Contador or Valverde. Verona is unfortunately one of those guys with no real kick but good mountain capabilities so he ends up as a domestique, but is really good in that role. Like a Sylwester Szmyd or pre-2012 Paolo Tiralongo kind of guy.

This person clearly had no idea what they were talking about, or they are one of Koronin's friends who support Real Madrid and think all Spanish cyclists are useless unless they're as successful as Contador or Valverde. Verona is unfortunately one of those guys with no real kick but good mountain capabilities so he ends up as a domestique, but is really good in that role. Like a Sylwester Szmyd or pre-2012 Paolo Tiralongo kind of guy.

Yeah, I also like Verona very much, because he‘s strong, and looks great on the bike (great position, plus Movistar kit and Canyon bike, make his look one of the best in the World Tour, IMHO)…

You should know, my mate and I enjoy watching races every now and then, and it‘s always quite funny. In 2022, I liked best when he made me laugh hard, by calling Kwiatkowski and van Baarle „very weak cyclists“, and today by calling Verona „non-WT material“… ;)

I suppose he does that to make us laugh a little. Afterwards, I always have such a grin that I HAVE TO tell you guys about what he said - it‘s just too funny (and only you as cycling enthusiasts and experts know what I mean)… :)

Yeah, I also like Verona very much, because he‘s strong, and looks great on the bike (great position, plus Movistar kit and Canyon bike, make his look one of the best in the World Tour, IMHO)…

You should know, my mate and I enjoy watching races every now and then, and it‘s always quite funny. In 2022, I liked best when he made me laugh hard, by calling Kwiatkowski and van Baarle „very weak cyclists“, and today by calling Verona „non-WT material“… ;)

I suppose he does that to make us laugh a little. Afterwards, I always have such a grin that I HAVE TO tell you guys about what he said - it‘s just too funny (and only you as cycling enthusiasts and experts know what I mean)… :)

From your stories it seems that you know more about cycling than this friend of yours, whose vocabulary contains of mostly the words very and weak. So I guess your opinions are enough on their own and add more value than his to this forum.

TRENDING THREADS