• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team RadioShack Camp - video

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

I don't think you can seperate the brand from the rider. I think this bike's chaotic and in your face style does suit Armstrong's brand more than Contador. For Contador I would imagine a more smooth, graceful single tone, light colour style.

A

Anonymous

But this is what the kids want now. Trek must do lots of focus groups before they come up with a design. It may not be to your liking but this must be what the kids are after in 2010. It's taking the BMX style to a road bike.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Great White said:
But this is what the kids want now. Trek must do lots of focus groups before they come up with a design. It may not be to your liking but this must be what the kids are after in 2010. It's taking the BMX style to a road bike.

Sorry, just not buying it. I have a new Trek 5.2, I have a couple of kids. You are not getting the BMXer's out there in the road world in the first place - and certainly not at the price that these bikes go for.

dimspace said:
so what do we think of this lovely bike then...

33ll64n.jpg

personally i think that is the ugliest heap of s*** i have ever seen...

Is this a joke?

I just confirmed it on Lance's twitter. Wow. This is one ugly piece of ***. I don't care who's riding it. Coupled with the kit and I'm just think they should be called Team Hot Mess. Money clearly does not buy you taste.

A

Anonymous

Okay but, if you saw the bike going down the road, whizzing past, the colour scheme would look more impressive. It would really stand out. That must be what people want right now.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Great White said:
Okay but, if you saw the bike going down the road, whizzing past, the colour scheme would look more impressive. It would really stand out. That must be what people want right now.

I am afraid that only people with unusual color taste and extreme LA fans are going to buy this bike - I am willing to looking at it in motion (briefly) but cannot imagine it getting anything more than derisive comments from those who know nothing about cycling - and worse from those who do.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Great White said:

I guess it won't look that impressive to Contador then since LA is unlikely to be whizzing past him anytime soon.

The front wheel is a hideous color though. Sort of like that last jelly bean you'd never eat.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
I actually like it.

Yeah, I actually do to.

What you've got to remember is usually the opposite is true of what many say here so it's a good guide that they don't like it.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I can do without some of lingo on it. I think Radio Shack is about as strange a sponser as they come. And I generally do not like Treks. But I like that paint job.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
I haven't been following any of this. Anyone know why so many guys are still wearing Astana kits?

They were told to all wear their old kits. Must not have enough new ones yet. The design is ready though, as shown on another thread.