• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team RadioShack Camp - video

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
lance said he will ride 2011 tour!

"After 2011, I'll retire," Armstrong told Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper from a training camp in Arizona.

"This team hasn't been constructed for me, I'm 38. Our aims go further than Armstrong."

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Going through the pages of comments on the look of the bike... I'm forced to wonder if I'm the only person who pays very little attention to what the bikes actually look like during the race?

The only time I really have noticed a bike is when someone gets annoyed and gives it the old heave ho.

And with the (very few) bikes I've bought for myself over the years... I don't think I ever paid too much attention to the "look". Some of the frames were a bit cluttered... some quite plain... but I don't think it ever really factored into my decision. Now I might avoid a pink frame for fear of mockery... but I'd have no problem getting on that bike. I don't think I would have thought of it as attractive or ugly if I saw it on the street... my thought would have been "looks pricey".

kurtinsc said:
Going through the pages of comments on the look of the bike... I'm forced to wonder if I'm the only person who pays very little attention to what the bikes actually look like during the race?

The only time I really have noticed a bike is when someone gets annoyed and gives it the old heave ho.

And with the (very few) bikes I've bought for myself over the years... I don't think I ever paid too much attention to the "look". Some of the frames were a bit cluttered... some quite plain... but I don't think it ever really factored into my decision. Now I might avoid a pink frame for fear of mockery... but I'd have no problem getting on that bike. I don't think I would have thought of it as attractive or ugly if I saw it on the street... my thought would have been "looks pricey".

You aren't the only person. Most bikes in the peloton are non-descript. The Radio Shack bike looks like what happens when you hire a NASCAR marketing person to design your bike. It's just too dam busy. Take a look at the Wiggins to Sky thread. Dimspace posted a picture of Team Sky's new bike. The contrast is stark.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
You aren't the only person. Most bikes in the peloton are non-descript. The Radio Shack bike looks like what happens when you hire a NASCAR marketing person to design your bike. It's just too dam busy. Take a look at the Wiggins to Sky thread. Dimspace posted a picture of Team Sky's new bike. The contrast is stark.

I"m not sure anything at NASCAR looks that bad.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:

I guess I look at the two and think "Those both look like expensive bikes. I wonder if they'd be comfortable to ride on."

I don't think "Wow that looks good." or "Wow that's ugly." for either. I have a black/oragen/blue frame that causes my back the least amount of annoyance while riding and was fairly inexpensive. While I suppose its rather unatractive... it's a bike. I don't really care what it looks like, I care about the ride. It's not even like there's a whole lot of visible surface area... you're talking about a few feet of tubing that's an inch thick or less.

The jersey would seem to me to be the more important space in terms of "team identity".

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
thats the trek photo of how they want us to think it looks... the one i posted is the one of it up against a garage door which unfortunately shows us how it really does look..

bunch more photos here

im surprised i was three hours ahead of armstrong with the picture, and a couple of hours ahead of velonews.. i should have started a new thread as a dim exclusive.. :D

The Trek site has a much better color scheme than the bike by the garage, I can live with the greys as opposed to the pinkish/lavender color of the front wheel in your photo - I probably would not repaint the bike in the layout if someone gave it to me.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hope_rides_again said:
lance said he will ride 2011 tour!

"After 2011, I'll retire," Armstrong told Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper from a training camp in Arizona.

"This team hasn't been constructed for me, I'm 38. Our aims go further than Armstrong."

if you really believe that the team is not all about him then your dreaming.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS