• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 118 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If healthy, motivated and prepares well then Kruijswijk in my opinion still does a good job. And besides, bellow Kuss, that likely will be long gong anyway. At the Tour 2024 and at the first resemblance of a climb. I am happy for Tratnik. As for the overall selection i am rather surprised van Aert will be missing. This should show on the road.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well, that settles it! It's clearly Van Empel and Laporte who are the "top dogs" on the team!

412943390_893066996156352_1912643357924978191_n.jpg

411993173_893067006156351_9081218823290579056_n.jpg

It's a strong Tour team and Jonas is defending champion. Still i feel that teams like UAE and Bora will be able to match them. Roster vise.
Yeah, Bora and UAE have good teams for the Tour. Even quick step will have a decent team for remco in the Tour.
It doesn't matter, the leaders will have good teams behind them, so in the end will win individually the strongest contender.

Not that long ago Merijn Zeeman was talking about going to the Giro with a team of young talents... well, there are two young talents in this team I suppose. Also, if their goal is stage wins, it would be odd to leave out Koen Bouwman, a stage hunter who never gets his chance to stage hunt.
Well, there are 7 or 8 stages designed for a mass sprint, and Jumbo has the 2nd best sprinter of last season in their giro team, while the best sprinter of last year won´t compete. If Kooij doesn´t break some bones, I can see Jumbo winning at least 6 stages.

Not that long ago Merijn Zeeman was talking about going to the Giro with a team of young talents... well, there are two young talents in this team I suppose. Also, if their goal is stage wins, it would be odd to leave out Koen Bouwman, a stage hunter who never gets his chance to stage hunt.
Not really, Van Aert will be going in every break that is not a sprint stage.

Well, there are 7 or 8 stages designed for a mass sprint, and Jumbo has the 2nd best sprinter of last season in their giro team, while the best sprinter of last year won´t compete. If Kooij doesn´t break some bones, I can see Jumbo winning at least 6 stages.
I dont see 7 or 8 stages ending in a mass sprint.

I see only stages 5, 11, 13, 18 and 21 as possible mass sprints. But stages like 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16 and 19 could be opportunities for Van Aert. With the mass sprints there are 15 stages Van Aert is able to win. Pogacar probably will steal some of those, but Jumbo surely will have a lot of options to win stages at the giro.

I dont see 7 or 8 stages ending in a mass sprint.

I see only stages 5, 11, 13, 18 and 21 as possible mass sprints. But stages like 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16 and 19 could be opportunities for Van Aert. With the mass sprints there are 15 stages Van Aert is able to win. Pogacar probably will steal some of those, but Jumbo surely will have a lot of options to win stages at the giro.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, even Van der Poel managed to win just one Giro stage when he was in the break every other day... and the stage he won wasn't even from the break.

Also, in the bunch sprints Van Aert will probably do the leadouts for Kooij, who is simply faster. And Kooij can survive a hill or two as well. Let's first see if Van Aert can win one stage, and build from there.

Plugge and Visma are not making any friends at the moment with trying to nab Kron
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...ly-attempted-a-uijtdebroeks-with-andreas-kron

... and pushing the new super duper, One Cycling, we-can-all-get-more-money scheme
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pl...ling-goals-pushes-for-f1-style-race-calendar/
Florentino Plugge is at it again.

"I've found a way to save cycling - it involves giving me a lot more money, but I promise, it will trickle down"

Plugge and Visma are not making any friends at the moment with trying to nab Kron
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...ly-attempted-a-uijtdebroeks-with-andreas-kron

What is surprising to me all this youngsters have/had contracts till the end of 2024. It's just so unnecessary. UCI in my opinion needs to put a plug on this. Then all parties involved can sue, if desired. And again agents and their slimy behaviour is mentioned in the article. So likely this needs to get sorted out too. As othervise it will only get worse.

... and pushing the new super duper, One Cycling, we-can-all-get-more-money scheme
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pl...ling-goals-pushes-for-f1-style-race-calendar/

Interesting. But as soon as i hear F1 or super league. Then i can't help to start feeling negative about it. This is not something i support. That is modern day F1 or football super league. What i support is competition based on earning your way into it, possibility there for all. And developed cycling network in Europe involving clubs for kids and up. So a select group of big teams and people involved shouldn't get all the money. To present us some sort of circus in return. Just like it is with Logan Paul. That is something more suitable for Disneyland.