• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jørgen Nordhagen, the new 19 year old signing for Visma, has just decimated the XC skiing Junior World champs, winning a 20km race by a huge margin.

But like he said, after this, he's changing fully to cycling apparently.

It looks in general like they were not quite ready yet for the season, equipment-wise. This probably is not entirely the case, given how focused on detail they are, but even the colouring is completely off. Different shade of yellow on the bike than on the jersey. It's a real eyesore. Also no custom TT bars.

As for the general level, Kuss did the kind of TT he almost always does, nothing new there. Tratnik was pretty good, and Van Aert did okay for someone who hadn't trained on his TT bike so far (and who isn't as talented as Evenepoel to begin with).

Reactions: Sandisfan
Not sure what is expected of them but behind the first two it was fairly close so cut 15 seconds on Tratnik and Van Aert and they are 5th and 6th instead.
I would expect to see good performances all around. Kuss was almost caught by Remco and nowhere near his good Vuelta TT. Tratnik with this shape should have been close to the podium as he is a good TT'er. Wout should have been much better. Hagenes is new to this so I didn't know what to expect and he seemed to have cracked a little after a good start.

Benoot didn't even start so bad did he find the equipment (alright that was probably not quite true).

Reactions: Sandisfan
Wow, big news. If it was yesterday (April 1st) I wouldn't have believed it.

He's basically second only to Plugge in the hierarchy & practically number one on the sporting side. He was the 'boss' so to speak of sporting decisions at Jumbo.
It's not that surprising actually. Zeeman already had this role for about 10 years. In that time the team has developed from the worst to one of the best teams in the WT. And they're not going to get any better, they don't have unlimited money to spend like UAE do. So there's nothing to aim for anymore.

Zeeman always said that if he makes a move, it will be to a football club. He is from Alkmaar, AZ is his first love. And their general manager has just announced his departure.

Reactions: Offline
It's not that surprising actually. Zeeman already had this role for about 10 years. In that time the team has developed from the worst to one of the best teams in the WT. And they're not going to get any better, they don't have unlimited money to spend like UAE do. So there's nothing to aim for anymore.

Zeeman always said that if he makes a move, it will be to a football club. He is from Alkmaar, AZ is his first love. And their general manager has just moved to Ajax (where he has already been suspended, but that's a different story).
I always had a feeling Zeeman was very pro Roglič in Team Visma (and Plugge too). Niermann on the other hand was openly very pro Vingegaard. Maybe with Roglič leaving and team winning basically everything, some people in the team don't find it that interesting any more.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob

Zeeman always said that if he makes a move, it will be to a football club. He is from Alkmaar, AZ is his first love. And their general manager has just announced his departure.

Maybe but let's not 'undersell' how much if a change this will be.

Zeeman for example built the classics team. He's responsible for the transfers of Van Baarle, Laporte etc. He'll be leaving the team with that item on the bucket list (i.e. monument victories) unfulfilled.

It's basically been a lot of change for Jumbo over six months, including the aborted Soudal merger.

I always had a feeling Zeeman was very pro Roglič in Team Visma (and Plugge too). Niermann on the other hand was openly very pro Vingegaard. Maybe with Roglič leaving and team winning basically everything, some people in the team don't find it that interesting any more.
Is the other way around, Zeeman was crearly very pro Vingegaard like Niermann, he was talking always wonders about him even before he started to show any results. Before that era, he was very pro Kruijswijk and very pro dutch in general with Groenewegen and the signing of Dumoulin.

He acting like a Primoz friend always seems quite fake to me, and during Vuelta last year and after Primoz departure this was becoming more evident.

Plugge yes, I truly believe he has so much respect for Roglic as a symbol of the team, but he was not taking most of the sporting decisions anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: xo 1, noob and acm