• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kelderman as team leader? No internet in ukraine in the last few years? And the whiny Belgian will surely lose his cool when Wout goes for stage wins instead of defending his seventh place in GC.
He was on podium there already and has tdf top5 on his resume. And actually i have internet and read that he and Cian are aiming for GC this year, so stop your nonsense, you are not even funny.

Valter probably gets co-leadership going for stages at the Giro d'Italia and gets some leadership at Strade Bianche earlier this spring. Then, he might try to hang on for a top 10 at the Giro d'Italia or going into breakaways in the mountains to move up on the general classification.

Depending on whether Uijtdebroeks is in fight for a podium spot or just a top 5. It's probably not bad to have the possibility to open up the race by having someone in Valter to attack early. Pogacar should be in the lead comfortably and won't deny moves. So that's a fine way to bother INEOSGrenadiers who will just try to control with Arensman.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well that escalated quickly.

I like Valter and had hoped he would become a great stage race(r) after he wore pink in the 2021 Giro, but not even signing with the best team in the world has really made it look like that'll happen. No matter what you've come to think of Uijtdebroeks as a person, there should be no doubt that he has a higher chance of finishing in the top 5 of the Giro than Valter, unless the latter gets into the right breakaway.

Let's first point out some facts before I mock you for being a rusbot.

- To me Valter is more of a one day racer. Ardennes classics and strade seem perfect.
- I hope he proves himself in Giro but Cian and Kelderman have proven more in the past.

I'm sure 'whiny belgian' will be ok if WVA goes for stage wins as long as he doesn't attack his GC like Vlasov did. But I'm guessing as a rus fanboy you prolly don't mind teammates shooting at each other.

Now keep politics out of a cycling forum please.

Let's first point out some facts before I mock you for being a belbot

- At the stage when Vlasov attacked with Denz, the Belgian even gained time against Vlasov.
- They were in joke 7th and 8th place in GC, what he was supposed to do? Be satisfied with that?
- The Belgian lost the joke seventh place on the penultimate stage when he cracked.
- Vlasov did nothing but stay at the back of the favourites. He never pulled away from the group. The Belgian just couldn't keep up with the big boys.

So don't create an alternate reality, because it's easy enough to fact-check this.

• Wow
I think kelderman should be in the Team for the Tour france in Kruijswijk's place. Kruijswijk should do the Giro.
It's Wilko kelderman we are talking about. Jumbo know that he will crash and snap his collarbone in the prep race before his big target, and then be ready for the following grand tour.

So if they name him as a co-leader for the giro , he will crash himself in Catalunya and be back and ready to help vingegard in the tour.

If they named him in the tour team he would crash at Suisse and miss the race

It's Wilko kelderman we are talking about. Jumbo know that he will crash and snap his collarbone in the prep race before his big target, and then be ready for the following grand tour.

So if they name him as a co-leader for the giro , he will crash himself in Catalunya and be back and ready to help vingegard in the tour.

If they named him in the tour team he would crash at Suisse and miss the race
You have a point @Ilmaestro99. Probably Kruijswijk will also crash.

Let's first point out some facts before I mock you for being a belbot

- At the stage when Vlasov attacked with Denz, the Belgian even gained time against Vlasov.
- They were in joke 7th and 8th place in GC, what he was supposed to do? Be satisfied with that?
- The Belgian lost the joke seventh place on the penultimate stage when he cracked.
- Vlasov did nothing but stay at the back of the favourites. He never pulled away from the group. The Belgian just couldn't keep up with the big boys.

So don't create an alternate reality, because it's easy enough to fact-check this.
- Doesn't matter, he attacked him.
- Vlasov couldn't go for place 6, was way too far behind. He clearly went for 7th to be ahead of Cian.
- True
- True

Cian eventually failed which is why Vlasov is #7 instead of him, but that doesn't mean Vlasov didn't try to attack him earlier already.

• Wow
- Vlasov couldn't go for place 6, was way too far behind. He clearly went for 7th to be ahead of Cian.
- True
- True

Cian eventually failed which is why Vlasov is #7 instead of him, but that doesn't mean Vlasov didn't try to attack him earlier already.
When Uijtdebroeks gained time on Vlasov, was Cian then attacking his teammate?

- True
- True

They were a joke 7th and 8th place, with logic and attitude like yours they should have packed up and gone home.

What Vlasov did was racing, if you don't like it then stop watching the races. Including that stage, there were still 4 stages to go, if Vlasov had the legs he could have made a significant gain and fourth place was only 4 minutes away. Such a scenario would have benefited Cian as it would have forced the Spaniards to chase Vlasov. So if he had succeeded, it would have been good for him, his team and Cian. Since Vlasov was pretty much an ass and got nothing out of it, there's nothing to talk about. But for some reason, fanboys are convinced that the world's greatest crime has been committed.

• Wow
If i remember correctly, reading about it, then the team was split in two in the first place. So both riders basically allowed to race against each other. And i somehow doubt it will be any different, for Cian, at the Giro 2024. For Cian to already have a dedicated team at his disposal. We'll see.