• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams with the most wins for the 2012 Season!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which team will have the most wins this season

• Movistar Team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
I know he had a lot, but don't know the total number. So tell.

edit: Ok, so I overstated it. The great Wiki says he got 16 wins in '11. You got me!

He had 19 wins last year.

Stage in Algarve, Montepaschi Strade Bianche, stage in T-A, Brabantse Pijl, AGR, FW, LBL, stage and GC in Tour of Belgium, Gullegem Koerse, stage and GC in Ster ZLM Toer, Belgian national road race championship, stage in the Tour, Clasica San Sebastian, stage in the Eneco Tour, Belgian national time trial championship, GP de Quebec and GP de Wallonie.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Aren't you making the huge assumption that Gilbert will have the same, amazing season in 2012, that he had in 2011?
Don't you think it highly unlikely that he will get the same amount of wins?

Bottom line: BMC's "new" big 4 managed 31 wins, but what did the rest accomplish?
Sky's top 4 only managed 27 wins, but a whole raft of other riders had 1-3 wins apiece.

Aren't you making the huge assumption that Cavendish will have the same, amazing season in 2012, that he had in 2011? Don't you think it's highly unlikely that the flat blog will get what's coming to him sooner or later?

Now Cav is at Sky, all will have to work for him reducing the amount of some of their smaller wins.

Bottom line: this thread is all about making assumptions, so yeah, we're making assumptions ;)

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
I still think Cancellara is stronger than Boonen. But who knows. Plus his team is much weaker than Boonen's.

Of course QS is always strong on cobbles, but as for Cancellara's support being weak i must say it's definitely not about Radioshack-Nissan 2012. This year they can field something like:
Cancellara, Rast, Roulston, Popovych, Posthuma, Wagner, Sergent, Oliveira wich is much better than Leopard 2011.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Don't be ridiculous. There is a world of difference between 5 riders merely refusing to help chase, and between every single rider in the peloton doing nothing else but trying to bring back Cancellara.

So you're saying Gilbert did nothing except bring Cancellara back? And with Gilbert also comes Ballan.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Kvinto said:
Of course QS is always strong on cobbles, but as for Cancellara's support being weak i must say it's definitely not about Radioshack-Nissan 2012. This year they can field something like:
Cancellara, Rast, Roulston, Popovych, Posthuma, Wagner, Sergent, Oliveira wich is much better than Leopard 2011.

Out of those who's gonna be with him at 20km to go? No-one.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Kvinto said:

That's one crappy team. Most of these have never done anything in the cobbled classics. Oliwhatthehellishedoingthereeria? Sergentwhonow?Popovycyoukiddingright? Posthumalolcomeonnow? Wagnerdoyoumeantheactorbecausethecyclistwontdo****?

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
Out of those who's gonna be with him at 20km to go? No-one.

hahaha, for instance Rast and Roulston both top-10 last Roubaix, while the others (especially Popovich) are pretty good cobbled domestiques (i have some little doubts about Oliveira only)

edit: Roulston top-10 Roubaix 2010 not 2011, my bad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
That's one crappy team. Most of these have never done anything in the cobbled classics. Oliwhatthehellishedoingthereeria? Sergentwhonow?Popovycyoukiddingright? Posthumalolcomeonnow? Wagnerdoyoumeantheactorbecausethecyclistwontdo****?

have i said it is a cobbled dreamteam? :rolleyes: what i said is that this team is not weak ie stronger than in 2011

My turn to put yet another team forward. lampre. Malori and euleses maybe a few wins. scarponi to dominate italian season ale jet to get a few they have winner (of tour lav) and niemiec might be given some races after finishing a monument in the group of basso martin and j rod.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Aren't you making the huge assumption that Cavendish will have the same, amazing season in 2012, that he had in 2011? Don't you think it's highly unlikely that the flat blog will get what's coming to him sooner or later?

Now Cav is at Sky, all will have to work for him reducing the amount of some of their smaller wins.

Bottom line: this thread is all about making assumptions, so yeah, we're making assumptions ;)
Cav's 2011 season though impressive had the potential to be much better he could have even racked up close to sagan/ kittel's amount if he had been on target and not unlucky in the first half of the season
& he will be able to get much more wins in the giro this year as he was the best sprinter there last year and would have gotten more stage wins if not for the ridiculous parcours.
thus in term of wins I would be very suprised if cav does not better his 2011 wins

Mellow Velo said:
Aren't you making the huge assumption that Gilbert will have the same, amazing season in 2012, that he had in 2011?
Don't you think it highly unlikely that he will get the same amount of wins?

Bottom line: BMC's "new" big 4 managed 31 wins, but what did the rest accomplish?
Sky's top 4 only managed 27 wins, but a whole raft of other riders had 1-3 wins apiece.

Cav ebh and who are the other 2? wiggins had a great season and lots of podiums but dauphine both nats and a tt somewhere, what else as far as wins?

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Ben Swift and Henao will get a decent amount of victories each I think.

think there's a chance he may be riding the olympics on the track which would be a shame but we'll see as chances are he won't make the pursuit team:p and so won't be able to ride the omnium (which he wants to as defending champion ed clancy said he is pulling out) as have to ride pursuit to ride omnium

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
2007 - 11 wins
2008 - 17 wins (inc. 6 GT stage wins)
2009 - 23 wins (inc. MSR & 9 GT stage wins)
2010 - 11 wins (inc. 8 GT stages wins & Vuelta points jersey)
2011 - 13 wins (inc. 7 GT stage wins, TdF points jersey & World RR)

Maybe it's just me but I don't see a downward trend.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
think there's a chance he may be riding the olympics on the track which would be a shame but we'll see as chances are he won't make the pursuit team:p and so won't be able to ride the omnium (which he wants to as defending champion ed clancy said he is pulling out) as have to ride pursuit to ride omnium

World champion perhaps but not defending Olympic champion, as there isn't one (yet) ;)

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Cav's 2011 season though impressive had the potential to be much better he could have even racked up close to sagan/ kittel's amount if he had been on target and not unlucky in the first half of the season
& he will be able to get much more wins in the giro this year as he was the best sprinter there last year and would have gotten more stage wins if not for the ridiculous parcours.
thus in term of wins I would be very suprised if cav does not better his 2011 wins

What? Ridiculous parcours...? WTF? You dont love cyling, do you?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
My turn to put yet another team forward. lampre. Malori and euleses maybe a few wins. scarponi to dominate italian season ale jet to get a few they have winner (of tour lav) and niemiec might be given some races after finishing a monument in the group of basso martin and j rod.

Lampre huh? maybe is a good call but I dont think that Michele will go too hard in the other races, He did that and peaked too soon (although he found another peak in Il Giro in the last week) and this year the objective is the same WIN Il Giro (that is more possible without Contador riding it)... I think that Michele could take 2 or 3 stages in Il Giro, then 2 in La Vuelta and rack 2 wins besides Lombardia in the classics of the fallen leaves... that would be a helluvah season tho... that without counting wins in "minor" stages races...

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
What? Ridiculous parcours...? WTF? You dont love cyling, do you?
I meant ridiculously hard parcours. which it was no doubt
imo a parcours like last years giro is much better than one like this years tour

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Froome19 said:
I meant ridiculously hard parcours. which it was no doubt
imo a parcours like last years giro is much better than one like this years tour

Do you remember Zomegnan's words when Ulissi won in the third week? "A youngster winning in the third week? mmm maybe Il Giro is not hard enough" ;)

Kvinto said:
Yep, maybe the biggest fail in Samu's career, so far he can't explain that moment himself...

He got overly excited to be sprinting against Andy and started his sprint too soon, according to what I recall Samu saying. Still hurts me to this day that he didn't get that win, probably more so that he lost it to Andy.:(