• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams with the most wins for the 2012 Season!

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which team will have the most wins this season

• Movistar Team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
elia viviani says hello

Ryaguas said:
Zam is on the offense! :cool:

I think that Liquigas will take some wins but wont pass the 35...

agreed believe that viviani + oss, especially and even guys like sabatini can get wins but don't think that they have enough "winning" riders to be able to match sky + bmc etc as nibali and basso don't really win races.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
He got overly excited to be sprinting against Andy and started his sprint too soon, according to what I recall Samu saying. Still hurts me to this day that he didn't get that win, probably more so that he lost it to Andy.:(

you're absolutely right, but it shouldn't hurt that much now, when he already has his well deserved Tour stage ;)

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
how liquigas is not included is the issue i find strange while team kittel and the likes are included. btw how is my offense? is the formation good enough? :D :p

Is a solid formation now! :D
I think that Eros should start winning something or be more agressive... and Next year Betancur will be a "must be" in the team...
Also Oss must improve...

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
how liquigas is not included is the issue i find strange while team kittel and the likes are included. btw how is my offense? is the formation good enough? :D :p

you are not going to whine about it all along the thread, are you? ;) LIQUIGAS DESERVES A SPOT IN THIS POLL AND IS UNJUSTLY MISSING!!! Calm down, please :)

The Hitch said:
My turn to put yet another team forward. lampre. Malori and euleses maybe a few wins. scarponi to dominate italian season ale jet to get a few they have winner (of tour lav) and niemiec might be given some races after finishing a monument in the group of basso martin and j rod.

...and don't forget Cunego who seemed to just maybe have found his grand tour legs again with his top 10 in the Tour.

Kvinto said:
Of course QS is always strong on cobbles, but as for Cancellara's support being weak i must say it's definitely not about Radioshack-Nissan 2012. This year they can field something like:
Cancellara, Rast, Roulston, Popovych, Posthuma, Wagner, Sergent, Oliveira wich is much better than Leopard 2011.

lolwut is oliveira doing in the cobble classics team? being a good time trialist doesn't make you any good on the cobbles just ask tony martin. besides i think he lost a couple kilos to improve his climbing so his cobble riding should be even worse then it was last year

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
lolwut is oliveira doing in the cobble classics team? being a good time trialist doesn't make you any good on the cobbles just ask tony martin. besides i think he lost a couple kilos to improve his climbing so his cobble riding should be even worse then it was last year

i did not say he's a decent cobbled rider, i just couldn't find a better option (among RadioShack 2012 of course) than a tter who rode it once and can be useful in the first part of race and then would inevitably get dropped. But thb i missed Ben King while making that list and as i said few posts after the one you quote i have doubts about Oliveira so now i say Ben King can replace him.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
How can it be anyone except SKY? who else has the power they have?

Cav will dominate the TDF and thats about it,
EBH will win tons of low quality races,
Dowsett will win everything he enters, as long as its not World Tour,
Henao + Uran + Sitsov = good chances
Froome + Wiggy = short stage races
Sutton + Appolliano = rack up some wins
Michael Rodgers finally seems to be on form. FINALLY.
Oh wait, then theres Richie Porte, Flecha, Thomas, Swift, Rowe & Puccio.

SKY have crazy potential this year.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
...and don't forget Cunego who seemed to just maybe have found his grand tour legs again with his top 10 in the Tour.

And He is practicing and improving his TT...! not that He is going to win Le Tour but He can get 1 stage... I must say that He has more posibilities in La Vuelta with all those explosive finishes...

gustienordic said:
SKY have crazy potential this year.

Sky is the easy answer... is too obvious... but is funny to choose other teams... you never know ;)

WTF? GreenEdge with 0 votes? WTF is wrong with you ppl? :mad:

El Pistolero said:
He had 19 wins last year.

Stage in Algarve, Montepaschi Strade Bianche, stage in T-A, Brabantse Pijl, AGR, FW, LBL, stage and GC in Tour of Belgium, Gullegem Koerse, stage and GC in Ster ZLM Toer, Belgian national road race championship, stage in the Tour, Clasica San Sebastian, stage in the Eneco Tour, Belgian national time trial championship, GP de Quebec and GP de Wallonie.

So the great Wiki isn't so great after all. At any rate, it's going to be a good laugh if BMC ends up winning this.

edit - or any team other than Sky.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Just looking at rosters sky is the front runner, they have a rider for every kind of race.

Alot of BMC's wins last year came from Evans, now that they have Gilbert, Hushovd, van Garderen, plus with some other riders staying on from last year like Van Avermaet, phinney, Ballan; I think they will get a fair number of wins.

I think it will probably come down to sky vs. BMC vs. RNT vs. Liquigas, they each have a number of good riders who can get them wins.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:

don't even say that please.. it makes me want to kill someone.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
Sry, it looked like I was questioning there, but I was suggesting BMC independently.

In terms of wins, though, "only" Sagan isn't that dissimilar from saying "only" Greipel or "only" Gilbert. Obv. you had to exclude some teams though.

Can't see Radioschleck racking many up.
Liquigas have some good 2nd tier riders as well such as Viviani and Oss who could pick up some wins but I don't think they would be top 5 in the most wins list as Basso and Nibali aren't big winners of races if you know what I mean.
dlwssonic said:
Are you so sure a healthy boonen can beat cancellera?? Boonen was healthy in 2010, am I not wrong. And Cancellara totally destroyed him. He still might beat martin on occasions.

Boonen was not healthy in 2010. Read the recent story on Cyclingnews about Martin and Leipheimer where Lefevre comments on Boonen.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Of course sky. Cav will get quite a few wins. Bradley will win some TT's and overall maybe. Hagen will probably win a lot of races. Rogers, Porte, Froome should get a couple wins between them. Thomas, Swift, Sutton should also win a few. Yeah they are gonna get the most wins.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Swede1 said:
Of course sky. Cav will get quite a few wins. Bradley will win some TT's and overall maybe. Hagen will probably win a lot of races. Rogers, Porte, Froome should get a couple wins between them. Thomas, Swift, Sutton should also win a few. Yeah they are gonna get the most wins.

He wont win a sheet this year... :mad:

auscyclefan94 said:
Liquigas have some good 2nd tier riders as well such as Viviani and Oss who could pick up some wins but I don't think they would be top 5 in the most wins list as Basso and Nibali aren't big winners of races if you know what I mean.

Yes, I know what you are saying.
However in 2011, Viviani won the same amount of races as Cadel and more than GVA.
Plus, he is definitely up and coming.
For me, the only question mark that hangs over him is: How much time does he intend to devote to the track and Olympics, this year?
Otherwise, I am confident he will/would out score the BMC duo.

Overall, I think BMC and Leaky could win a similar number of races in 2012.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
In 2011 liquigas has 24 wins.Your beloved bmc won the tour de france but how many wins did they have.

Yes BMC didn't get many wins but have you forgotten the inclusion of guys like gilbert, thor, pinotti, blythe, cummings, TJVG. These riders can get add much more wins to their win total. Last year they only had evans or GVA. This year ballan can ride and he might get some wins too. Liquigas team hasn't changed much and the only person who can consistently win is sagan or viviani.