• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tejay Van Garderen Discussion Thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Urbi27 said:
Any informaton about his health condition after crash?

From TJ

"...The injuries are pretty minor, the legs are good, the morale is good, so we’ll move forward and try to take advantage of any opportunity we get.”

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
He did a good job getting back up and limiting his losses. Still being 4th in GC after crashing twice is pretty amazing. Unfortunately, can't imagine how this isn't going to significantly hurt him over the next few days.

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Re:

jmdirt said:
I can't really tell what happened in the first crash (hit a hole in the road?), but WTH happened in that round-about? Did he ride himself cross eyed to get back on and just poothescrooch?

Well he probably took so many risks because he panicked after having a puncture just shortly before.

Re:

jmdirt said:
I can't really tell what happened in the first crash (hit a hole in the road?), but WTH happened in that round-about? Did he ride himself cross eyed to get back on and just poothescrooch?

Must have hit some dust or rubber on the road and lost the front wheel. He said he is feeling great which is a good sign because normally his views are pretty cautious. He certainly looked good before the first crash.

axl

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Its second crash was just after a puncture, that's why he was in the cars. French commentators suggested that new tires could be cold or greasy to explain the crash. Anyway, it impressed me that being already in the cars when a crashed, he managed to finish with the group he was in. I had not thought he could have had some help but it is quite probable.

Re:

axl said:
Anyway, it impressed me that being already in the cars when a crashed, he managed to finish with the group he was in. I had not thought he could have had some help but it is quite probable.
Ofcourse he managed. His back brake was rubbing his wheel (ALWAYS happens after a crash) so that needed quite a lot of adjustment from the team car while his mechanic kept pushing him at 60 km/h.

Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Moviefan1203 said:
Not a bad ride by Tejay today. Not a climb that suited him, and he did a good job at limiting the losses.

Yeah and he still has to be sore after his crash. Roche going quite well also.
^ This^ I was concerned how he would be today. Anytime that you hit the ground, its tough the next few days. Its no bog deal to go out for a spin, but its pretty tough to get your body to go GT 100%.

TRENDING THREADS