• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2012 CQ Ranking Manager Game

Page 133 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
533 points this week. Only 295 of those came from Romandie, but at least they included Froome and Elissonde's first points of the year (only Novikov left now).
My team is good at scoring a few points in lots of races, but not so good at scoring lots of points in one race.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Man, I thought now with the stage racing I'd do a bit better, but nope, still going crappy. Last two weeks were relatively okay, but this week sucks again.

Guess my team isn't just lacking a few obvious classics picks (Boonen, Pozzato), but it's all completely crap after all. :p

Though tbh, if the race had one decent MTF, most of my Romandie picks would've ended up higher, and some of the TTists that did well today would've ended up a lot lower. So both my own failure and the crappy parcour are to blaim.

Sep 28, 2011
cqmanager.net
The website is updated: http://cqmanager.net/rankings/

Also as per the Giro game. The CQ value for all riders has been updated and you can now make your final selection. You can select/edit your team until Saturday 9am. If you want to play, please contact me ASAP!

So far these 38 players are registered for the Giro game.

AntonioRossi
Armchair cyclist
bumeington
cackles
CQmanager
Danskeman
Emil Brix
Eric8-A
EvansIsTheBest
Froome19
Geraint Too Fast
gustienordic
HelgeBlendet
hilltopfinisher
Hugo Koblet
Il Gigante Geert
Inkerboid
Jancouver
Jpettersen
jsem94
LittleWolf
Maaaaaaaarten
mc_mountain
Mellow Velo
mmac3con
Netserk
Object
patrick767
ps10ispro
rikdewy
SantiBotero
shalgo
taiwan
TeoSheva
The Hitch
togo95
Vitapen
vladimir

Update 17: into profit after crazy week!

What I thought would be a quite dull week turned out to be a very active one with insane amounts of points handed out - just take a look at this weeks high scorers:

1. skidmark - 1218
2. kurtinsc - 1071
3. Nyssinator - 1060
4. sublimit - 1031
5. Object - 1026

Thanks to Kreuziger, Luis Leon Sanchez, Rui Costa, Pozzato, Porte, Talansky and Rogers, skidmark scored roughly one fifth of what he hitherto had scored.
Not surprisingly do we find some of the same teams on this weeks high jumpers list:

1. kurtinsc +22
1. sublimit +22
3. Object +13
4. gustienordic +12
4. will10 +12
4. mc_mountain +12

The leaderboard looks a bit different this week. TeoSheva is still leading, but the main difference is that we're now looking at some green numbers instead of only reds as TeoSheva, EvansIsTheBest, Mellow Velo and Kvinto all have now turned a profit. Congratulations!
Furthermore, we find three new teams enter the top 10 this week: skidmark, Nyssinator and Kazistuta who all had good (or great) weeks.

1. (1) TeoSheva - 7956
2. (3) EvansIsTheBest - 7681
3. (2) Mellow Velo - 7606
4. (4) Kvinto - 7539
5. (12) skidmark - 7317
6. (8) AntonioRossi - 7238
7. (7) Netserk - 7081
8. (17) Nyssinator - 7078
9. (5) lancaster - 6995
10. (16) Kazistuta - 6914

Now, I'm sure this next week will be pretty quiet. But will it be the calm before the storm as the Giro is approaching?

Thanks for excellent work as always, but there seems to be some small errors in this weeks update. Two examples on my team at least:
Jerome Baugnies; scored his first points of the year in Turkey, is updated on the CQranking Excel with 24 points, but still has 0 on CQmanager. I notice that he has a ^ over the ô in Jerome in the CQranking file now so that might be the reason?
Same with Johan Esteban Chavez Rubio who has lost his 5 points in CQmanager. Probably due to the reason that he is now suddently spelled Chaves instead of Chavez in the CQranking file.

I really hope that CQranking stops changing their spelling, it might make automatic updates impossible...

vladimir said:
Thanks for excellent work as always, but there seems to be some small errors in this weeks update. Two examples on my team at least:
Jerome Baugnies; scored his first points of the year in Turkey, is updated on the CQranking Excel with 24 points, but still has 0 on CQmanager. I notice that he has a ^ over the ô in Jerome in the CQranking file now so that might be the reason?
Same with Johan Esteban Chavez Rubio who has lost his 5 points in CQmanager. Probably due to the reason that he is now suddently spelled Chaves instead of Chavez in the CQranking file.

I really hope that CQranking stops changing their spelling, it might make automatic updates impossible...

Thanks vladimir. I've corrected it now so everything should be fine in the next update :)

If anyone notices any errors please let me know.

I'm happy to have moved up 4 spots and be well poised for the Giro. However i notice that although none of the top 5 have more than 1 Giro GC contender there is still a massive gap (1561)- that i could never make up between me and Teo ( so congrats to you/ the rest ).

I am resigned to not getting the top spot but i hope my team can realistically challenge to top 20- 25.

Looking forward to the Giro. Best race of the year! Here's my line up:

- José Rujano
- Roman Kreuziger
- Alessandro Ballan
- Filippo Pozzato
- Rigoberto Uran

Not much quantity, but it is the quality that matters! Altough it's such a shame I don't have obvious picks like Demare and especially Henao. That will cost me (a lot of) points. My goal is to break even after the Giro.

Of course there are still other races. I have certainly a possibility to score some points today in Frankfurt with Gerald Ciolek, Gert Steegmans, Guillaume Van Keirsbulck and Marcus Burghardt.

Good luck everyone in the Giro! ;)

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
From memory, my Giro squad will be along the lines:

Kreuziger, Pozzato, De Gendt, Larsson, Guardini, Farrar, Henao, ...

At least some of my more expensive riders are getting trotted out for a big race.

Hugo Koblet said:
1. (1) TeoSheva - 7956
2. (3) EvansIsTheBest - 7681
3. (2) Mellow Velo - 7606
4. (4) Kvinto - 7539
5. (12) skidmark - 7317
6. (8) AntonioRossi - 7238
7. (7) Netserk - 7081
8. (17) Nyssinator - 7078
9. (5) lancaster - 6995
10. (16) Kazistuta - 6914

happy to keep the leader one more week and to extend my advantage! nice also to be in the first group that went over the break!

looking at the giro

Giro d'Italia
GASPAROTTO Enrico
PHINNEY Taylor
PINOTTI Marco
BATTAGLIN Enrico
DEMARE Arnaud
POZZATO Filippo
KWIATKOWSKI Michael
RENSHAW Mark
HAEDO Juan José
CARRARA Matteo

I don't have a GC leader, but I have some possible top 20 like Pinotti and Carrara.. than I have good names for the flat stage like Haedo, Demare and Renshaw... for the chrono I've Pinotti, Phinney and Kwiatosky...and for the medium mountains stage I've good picks like Pozzato, Battaglin and Gasparotto....

TRENDING THREADS