• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2015 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tour Down Under
BOOM Lars
PORTE Richie
MOSER Moreno
DE GENDT Thomas

Tour de San Luis
QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander
BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
BRAJKOVIC Janez
QUINTANA ROJAS Dayer Uberney
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd

Quality over quantity to start the season. With that line-up, I should get a fair chunk of points from San Luis' GC.

Tour Down Under
BOBRIDGE Jack
CAPECCHI Eros
DE GENDT Thomas
HAIG Jack
KITTEL Marcel
MOSER Moreno
PORTE Richie
STETINA Peter
WESTRA Lieuwe

Tour de San Luis
CAVENDISH Mark
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd

Thought i might have a few so here is my respective teams

San Luis Team

CAVENDISH Mark
NIEMIEC Przemyslaw
QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander

Tour Down Under

FLAKEMORE Campbell
STETINA Peter
TANNER David
DE GENDT Thomas
HEPBURN Michael
MOSER Moreno
PORTE Richie
ROULSTON Hayden
POWER Robert

Well that was more than expected... now lets see if they can deliver! Hoping at least for a few GC points and sprint wins in each race...

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Jancouver said:
Rujano is unique pick by Ferminal

Seems like it may be a great pick based on his current performance at the Tachira

hopefully his 65% hematocrit will be detected before he gets to sign for some italian team..

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
hopefully his 65% hematocrit will be detected before he gets to sign for some italian team..

Dont want to turn this into the clinic thread but I think he has been around long enough to keep it at 49.99% :D

Actually, he may be "stupid" enough to take a chance and go all in :eek:

Edit: "desperate"

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Couldnt resist.

San Luis

SOLER GIMENEZ Marc
CAVENDISH Mark
GATTO Oscar
BRAJKOVIC Janez

Tour Down Under

HAUSSLER Heinrich
DE GENDT Thomas
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Rubén
MOSER Moreno
CRADDOCK Lawson
PORTE Richie

A few belated musings on my team and I've made a lot of novice mistakes

Have seven of the top ten most popular, but didn't even really think about De Gendt or Goss :eek:

Most of my least popular, fanboyish picks are also quite expensive

Van Keirsbulck = 419 (3)
Viviani - 547 ((9)
Konig - 497 (6)
De Marchi 352 (4)
Reza - 241 (6)
Adam Yates 662 (11)

One's I now regret culling at the last moment - Cummings, Gaudin

One I was sure was in there, but isn't - Poels. Not sure how that happened!

TDU
Porte, Stannard, Kadri, Boom, Coledan

San Luis
Betancur, Soler, Cavendish, Van Keirsbulck, Dombrowski, Mclay

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
postmanhat said:
A few belated musings on my team and I've made a lot of novice mistakes

Have seven of the top ten most popular, but didn't even really think about De Gendt or Goss :eek:

Most of my least popular, fanboyish picks are also quite expensive

Van Keirsbulck = 419 (3)
Viviani - 547 ((9)
Konig - 497 (6)
De Marchi 352 (4)
Reza - 241 (6)
Adam Yates 662 (11)

One's I now regret culling at the last moment - Cummings, Gaudin

One I was sure was in there, but isn't - Poels. Not sure how that happened!

TDU
Porte, Stannard, Kadri, Boom, Coledan

San Luis
Betancur, Soler, Cavendish, Van Keirsbulck, Dombrowski, Mclay

Nothing wrong with those picks, I would even say that all of those can score 1000+ points and give you nice edge over the common picks.

As per Goss, I also left him out because I dislike that guy. I rather have guys I enjoy watching and would be cheering for than having somebody I cant stand.

Perhaps that the reason I do so poorly in this game, too many fan picks :D

NairoQ said:
@skidmark, we could go for an intermediary solution:

1 80
2 60
3 50
4 40
5 35
6 30
7 25
8 20
9 15
10 10
11 5
12 4
13 3
14 2
15 1

Bold ones are not from the original cq but could make more users cheer.

Okay, so I'm toying with this or the TdF model - what you are proposing is somewhere between the 'regular' TdF stage (starting at 45 35 30 for top 3) and the 'flat' TdF stage (starting at 50 points and weighted top-heavy, ie. 50 30 20 for top 3). Halving the points in yours it'd be 40 30 25 for top 3. All of these ideas have merit, so I'm just gonna go with my gut and pick the TdF scheme below. We'll see how it pans out.

1st 45
2nd 35
3rd 30
4th 26
5th 22
6th 20
7th 18
8th 16
9th 14
10th 12
11th 10
12th 8
13th 6
14th 4
15th 2

Now, I just figure to break ties, I can add up all the points for the spots people are tied for and average them, so ingsve and Kjellus tied for first, which is 45 + 35 = 80 points, so they'd each get 40 points. And the lowest you could get is 1 point each, so although you can get half etc points for splitting higher rankings, a tie at the bottom (like this week) would get no fewer than 1 point each team.

So, this week it looks like:

kjellus 40
ingsve 40
Lortnoc 30
trackstand 26
Object 22
ItalianGigolo 20
PeterB 18
Geraint Too Fast 16
Ruvu75 12
Multispeed 12
MADRAZO 12
Total Package 7
just some guy 7
Wallenquist, Popchu, merengues, martybart, Kazistuta, Hugo Koblet, Cykeltyven and *Falze* 1 point each

I'll figure out a way to reflect that on the spreadsheet, even if entry will be manual - I'll probably just add a tab with the cumulative and week-by-week point scores.

Jancouver said:
Rujano is unique pick by Ferminal

With no Ryo hazuki to hype him as better than contador it's no surprise.

But I won't regret not picking rujano even if he scores 3000 points. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses. I've spent years betting money on him, picking him in games emotionally investing in his ability to entertain a race.

No more.

Well, here is my lineup for the first stage races of the season:

San Luis

Mark Cavendish
Joe Dombrowski
Janez Brajkovic
Daniel McLay

The first two offer little advantage since most people have them, and I doubt Joe D is really in top shape after missing a whole year. Brajko is picked by 40 people which is 'rare' enough to cheer for. McLay will hopefully get his chances, but with Hutarovich in the lineup I don't know if he'll be going for the sprints in this race.

TdU

Rohan Dennis
Thomas De Gendt
Moreno Moser
Richie Porte

Dennis could do well, in theory, but working for Cadel + trying to stay out of trouble for hour attempt in a couple of weeks probably will see him finish anonymously. De Gendt could do well, and I think he will do well enough this year at Lotto after a fairly rudderless year at OPQS, but maybe not in January. Moreno Moser could - oh, who am I kidding. He'll be lucky to get 5 finishing points. Porte will undoubtedly do well, but everyone has him.

Looks like a slow start for me this year, unless a real surprise happens.

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My riders competing at:

TDU
FERNANDEZ ANDUJAR Ruben
STANNARD Ian

Tour de San Luis
CAVENDISH Mark
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
SEPúLVEDA Eduardo
SOLER GIMENEZ Marc

Points from the TDU would be a surprise, while in San Luis everyone except Soler can be good for points.

Down Under

PORTE Richie
STANNARD Ian
MOSER Moreno
BOOM Lars
LE GAC Olivier

Don't expect much. Porte should score something GC-wise, but almost everyone has him. Moser is not the captain, not sure about Boom and I have no idea about Le Gac. Maybe he'll be in some breakaways along Stannard. Here's hope one of them sticks.

San Luis

DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd

Not sure why Isaac Bolivar doesn't start as I hope for some points from him early in the season. Still, those 3 guys could do something GC-wise, or be completely invisible. We'll see....

TRENDING THREADS